Thread: New to eBid - help getting set up

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pique View Post
    Hi Steve

Google Shopping produces 99% of our business and we could not be on here without it - so yes, its pretty important ..... to us at least.
    Phil
    I remember you saying that sales dropped when the feed to google was broken, but is there actually some way of identifying where sales have come from?

View pique's Feedback (+134)
    All-About pique
    View pique's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile

Hi Kim

We sometimes ask new buyers where they saw the product and those we have asked have said Google Shopping. Also I monitor traffic on GS and there is an obvious link between clicks on GS and then us selling the item. Apart from to fellow ebidders just about everything we sell has been clicked on GS I know that's not a cast iron guarantee that they are the same buyers but its very probable.

It is also the case that when we were off of GS we sold very little. I think that's why I get so excited by making sure GS remains up to date and accessible to ebid sellers!

Cheers

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I remember you saying that sales dropped when the feed to google was broken, but is there actually some way of identifying where sales have come from?
    Pique Antiques and Collectables for all kinds of interesting items - ceramics, books, programmes, first day covers, pictures etc etc
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Pique-Anti...d Collectables

Tammy's Emporium for all kinds of useful home, garden and leisure products.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Tammys-Emporium

Pique Beauty for skincare, fragrances, bodycare, tanning & Beauty at unbeatable prices
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Pique-Beauty

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome,fellow Northamptonian!Which part of town do you hail from,I'm in Briar Hill?
    If there's anything I can help with, send me a pm & maybe we could arrange to meet.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pique View Post
    Hi Kim

We sometimes ask new buyers where they saw the product and those we have asked have said Google Shopping. Also I monitor traffic on GS and there is an obvious link between clicks on GS and then us selling the item. Apart from to fellow ebidders just about everything we sell has been clicked on GS I know that's not a cast iron guarantee that they are the same buyers but its very probable.

It is also the case that when we were off of GS we sold very little. I think that's why I get so excited by making sure GS remains up to date and accessible to ebid sellers!

Cheers

Phil
    Very helpful, thanks Phil. I definitely need to spend a bit of time playing with google base to understand all its little ways better!

View dobewoman's Feedback (+68)
    All-About dobewoman
    View dobewoman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Importing Listings?

I too have just come over from the "other" side, it is getting worse and worse.

I am hoping to upgrade to the lifetime plan and eventually move all my listings and buying over to here.

At the moment I use SellerSourcebook and I am very happy with it. Is it possible to use their templates and scheduler on here?

I think I have to find the place for HTML and copy the code but haven't a clue where it is or if I can do it?

All help greatly appreciated, so far I like what I can do here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dobewoman View Post
    I too have just come over from the "other" side, it is getting worse and worse.

I am hoping to upgrade to the lifetime plan and eventually move all my listings and buying over to here.

At the moment I use SellerSourcebook and I am very happy with it. Is it possible to use their templates and scheduler on here?

I think I have to find the place for HTML and copy the code but haven't a clue where it is or if I can do it?

All help greatly appreciated, so far I like what I can do here.

Thanks
    Hi Dobe and a very warm welcome to Ebid!

I asked SellerSourcebook if their templates were compatible with Ebid and they said that as long as HTML could be used they didn't see any reason why it wouldn't be.
    I never asked them about the scheduler since I had only used Auctiva for listing on eb*y for a short time while it was still free to use.
    Send SSB an email and they'll get back to you quickly.

All-About dobewoman
    Forum Posts

Hi, thanks for getting back to me so quick and for the welcome!

I've just been checking out this site and I think I saw somewhere that you can schedule your listings on here if you upgrade for life. If I read it right thats great, I will only have to figure how where the HTML is when I start listing to use my templates.

Dobe

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dobewoman View Post
    Hi, thanks for getting back to me so quick and for the welcome!

I've just been checking out this site and I think I saw somewhere that you can schedule your listings on here if you upgrade for life. If I read it right thats great, I will only have to figure how where the HTML is when I start listing to use my templates.

Dobe

1. Click on My Defaults on your My eBid page.
    2. Description Editor: Tick the Plain (HTML Box).
    3. Then click on the Save General Defaults button to save.

When you start a listing, you'll have a blank edit page to add your HTML.

x

All-About dobewoman
    Forum Posts

Brilliant, many thanks for that info. Now I know I can use SSB it will be all systems go.
    Just need to upgrade in a couple of days time and get selling and buying!

Eb*y is going to pieces. Buyers are ripping off sellers like theres no tomorrow and with no comeback.

Still hopefully their loss will be Ebids gain!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by refreshsales View Post
    Not done it yet, i will be paying by PayPal in the next week or so.

Another quick question for all you helpful people..

I read that eBid can link your listings to Google shopping? does this drive much traffic to your shops?

Thanks

Hi and welcome to ebid!

This is done automatically if you have the box checked in your specs(opps I can't remember where this is located, someone will remember). Almost all of my new sales come in thru google, just had a lady last week who bought 12 items! So it is best thing around.

You must also check the relist for a higher amount (8-10 automatic relists) for it to show up on google.

Also notify your old customers that you moved, that will get you those first sales quick too.

If you have any questions, just ask, all of us will be happy to help you.
    Last edited by deltadelta48; 13th September 2009 at 04:20 PM.

Thread Information