My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Now that I have listed

Default Now that I have listed

a mess of patterns, how should I have titled them. "McCall's" first or "Misses" first or "Blouse Size 16" first.

How do you search?
    I have new listings! Check them out!

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
    Fed up with paying to sell?

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

It doesn't matter does it? Whichever order you place the keywords in a search they will match a listing that has those keywords regardless of the order they are in.

Though, using your example, if I was searching for a pattern to make a blouse I would likely put the keyword blouse first followed by pattern.

Right, search pulls up words in any order, but nice to have words in logical order so buyers pick yours.

When adding S in titles, be careful. Adding just one letter and the PATTERNS will not come up in a search for PATTERN. If running listing for 2, you should add both words (even if makes no sense) because you want someone searching for blouse pattern to also pull up your two blouse patterns.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Right, search pulls up words in any order, but nice to have words in logical order so buyers pick yours.

When adding S in titles, be careful. Adding just one letter and the PATTERNS will not come up in a search for PATTERN. If running listing for 2, you should add both words (even if makes no sense) because you want someone searching for blouse pattern to also pull up your two blouse patterns.
    I don't think that's right. The search algorithm automatically matches singles *and* plurals wherever possible, I believe.

Thread Information