Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebid Stores - Help

Forum Newbie
    All-About DarkRealmFox
    View DarkRealmFox's Listings
    Forum Posts

Post Ebid Stores - Help

Hi Everyone

I have been reading the forums and this certainly seems like a far more friendly place than the Ebay forums.

I wonder if anyone can help me with some information.

Lets say i opened an Ebid shop by buying a Seller + lifetime membership. Can i have a fixed listing with all my shop stock and images in the shop.

All i managed to read from the FAQ said you get up to five images free with a seller + account but it said that was for auctions. Does it cost extra to add images to a shop for fixed list items and how much and for how long before you get charged again ?

I ask the last question because lets say i put 150 items into a shop listing then i imagine if i paid extra for an image for each listing it might cost a pretty penny. If it does cost extra for more than five images then how do people actually do all this for their shops ?

Is there a time limit on fixed entries or can you forever have the listing show if you are a shop.

I have been searching the FAQ but couldn't see the information i was looking for.

Thanks for any help anyone may be able to give.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

If I've understood your question correctly, you're asking if the seller plus five free photographs applies to shop listings? The five free are for any sort of listing, not just auctions. A secondary point: shop items here can be any format: you just include a shop name and category when you make your listing, it doesn't matter if it's auction or buy now.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

You will find the terms 'listing' and 'auction' tend to be used interchangeably. eBid itself is as guilty of this as anyone else. You really need to read the context in which the word is used to understand which is meant.

For example - from eBid's help pages:

Fixed Price means that there is only a BuyNow price for this auction, there are no bidding facilities available.
    How can you have an auction with only a Buy Now price and no bidding? Clearly here they meant and should have used 'listing'.

A very warm welcome to Ebid, Dark!!

Forum Newbie
    All-About DarkRealmFox
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    If I've understood your question correctly, you're asking if the seller plus five free photographs applies to shop listings? The five free are for any sort of listing, not just auctions. A secondary point: shop items here can be any format: you just include a shop name and category when you make your listing, it doesn't matter if it's auction or buy now.
    I guess i should rephrase the question.

I already have an online website which i'm paying around £400 a year for including server and SSL certificate costs. So if i opt to buy a seller + account on Ebid does the membership cost allow me to build a store and put the images of each product in or does it cost extra for images ?

I wasn't quite clear on that when reading the FAQ but i suspect images cost extra.

For example i make my store called DarkRealmFox just like my website and i put 300 products in the store. Can i put an image next to each or is it going to cost a lot of money to add images for each product ?

If it's going to cost additional money for images then how much per image per week or per month for images is it ?

Do products on this site sell without images and just descriptions ?

Can i link the Ebid store to my own site which will have the images or is that forbidden ?

Just a few questions for a newbie. I have had a private account on Ebay and looked at perhaps opening a store at their site but frankly i think their fees are a little high hence coming to Ebid.

Forum Newbie
    All-About DarkRealmFox
    Forum Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Rubysafira View Post
    A very warm welcome to Ebid, Dark!!
    Thanks your welcome is much appreciated

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRealmFox View Post
    For example i make my store called DarkRealmFox just like my website and i put 300 products in the store. Can i put an image next to each or is it going to cost a lot of money to add images for each product ?
    With a Seller+ account you can open up to 5 stores for no additional cost. Each listing can have up to 5 images attached for no cost. What you do not get for no cost is the thumbnail image in search results. To get that you need to create, at least, a Gallery style of listing which carries a 2% final value fee on successful sale.

With a Seller+ Lifetime account you can, as long as you only use the Free listing format, never pay any fees ever again. No listing fees, no selling fees and no store fees.

Have a read of this (and the page generally) and a lot of your questions will hopefully be answered: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/astral....icks.htm#a0004
    Last edited by astral276; 2nd September 2009 at 11:00 PM.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Can i link the Ebid store to my own site which will have the images or is that forbidden ?
    You cannot link to an e-commerce enabled site.

http://uk.ebid.net/help_selling.php#29 refers.

Forum Newbie
    All-About DarkRealmFox
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    With a Seller+ account you can open up to 5 stores for no additional cost. Each listing can have up to 5 images attached for no cost. What you do not get for no cost is the thumbnail image in search results. To get that you need to create, at least, a Gallery style of listing which carries a 2% final value fee on successful sale.

With a Seller+ Lifetime account you can, as long as you only use the Free listing format, never pay any fees ever again. No listing fees, no selling fees and no store fees.

Have a read of this (and the page generally) and a lot of your questions will hopefully be answered: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/astral....icks.htm#a0004
    Thank you.

It appears i can self host my images. Although not link to them from my zencart enabled store. Shame that as it means more work but at least being able to self host the images is good news.

I just hope the lifetime seller + account doesn't go back up to it's normal price at the end of the month. Hmmm there's a thought so maybe i should buy it now.

Thanks again though that guide of yours gave me a lot of valuable information.

Hmmm on further reading i see it says they do not allow links to third party sites which are E-Commerce. Slightly confusing since my site also has a movable type blog for movies and entertainment which is not E-Commerce. I can also upload images to a new directory off the E-Commerce section of my site and host my own images but the Ebid literature is unclear if just having an E-Commerce website bans me from linking to images off the actual E-Commerce site.

For example i host my own images in a different directory to the E-Commerce site. Is that allowed. Not sure after further reading.
    Last edited by DarkRealmFox; 3rd September 2009 at 06:49 AM.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

For example i host my own images in a different directory to the E-Commerce site. Is that allowed. Not sure after further reading.

Not sure. Best ask admin. They may be OK with you using the URLs of images as they are as long as clicking on an image does not actually take you to the e-commerce site - i.e. they are not active links.

Thread Information