Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Advertising ebid on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by knitandpurl View Post
    You can always email all your old buyers let them know where you have gone, emails are available on your paypal receipts. If you are still selling on the dark side you can always add a flyer to your parcel offering a discount if they shop with you on ebid, because after all it is peanuts to list on this site so you can afford to drop prices slightly. Other than that word of mouth.
    Yes, exactly. Put lots of time into alerting all these old customers you are leaving feebay and joined ebid by email (PP has emails). Put together a perky little invitation with your store addresses and something about ebid on it to mail. Add pumpkin pictures or something so it does not look like spam. This is direct marketing to a target audience and is VERY effective.

Print some of the invites out as cards, and pass around to friends and strangers when selling on line up. Give to sellers who are disappointed and looking for alternative. This is direct marketing to a target audience and is VERY effective.

Quote Originally Posted by lyterain View Post
    I know this is probably a no-no but is there a way to tell eBay users about ebid via eBay without breaking any of eBay's rules.
    I was thinking of perhaps when I leave feedback to mention something like "hope to see you on ebid" etc. I want to make sure that if I mention ebid on eBay it's done in a legal way so eBay have no grounds to delete it.

Other than that what are some good ways of promoting this fab website everywhere else? I want to encourage sellers because I feel really guilty about purchasing things on eBay but I only do so because no one is selling the items I need on here yet. And buyers go where the sellers are.

So let me know your ideas.

Thanks x
    Many of us have many many items to sell and just have not put them on because we think there is no interest. If you see a hole in our inventory, tell us about it via the forums. I guarantee someone has something to list that you have been buying elsewhere.

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm currently 'selling' my eBid t-shirt on eb&y and receiving questions regarding the logo - which one of you is dingdongbell? lol

Quote Originally Posted by olivia8143 View Post
    I'm currently 'selling' my eBid t-shirt on eb&y and receiving questions regarding the logo - which one of you is dingdongbell? lol
    Dingdongbell sounds a funny name.
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Just sold 1 item over there, and now its ready to go I've put in an eBid Business card and an eBid tote shopping bag with a registration link for the buyer to buy over here.
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    ... I've put in an eBid Business card and an eBid tote shopping bag ...
    All wrapped up with eBid tape!

Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    Old eBid tape Yes. Just need some new eBid Tape now.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET

Forum Newbie
    View Epey1311's Feedback (+7636)
    All-About Epey1311
    View Epey1311's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Advertising Ebid

I am fairly new here too, and sales are slow, but I am very hopeful of doing more and more business on this site.

I still sell a little on Ebay and each time a record gets shipped out, I enclose a "You can also find me on Ebid" flyer with my user name and the Ebid UK website.

I also emailed all my ebay customers too urging them to join Ebid as I cannot offer them the same bargains on Ebay anymore because of the fees (especially the fees for the unsold items).

I think this site will go from strength to strength.

Happy Ebidding to all.

Epey1311

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebedouin View Post
    Old eBid tape Yes. Just need some new eBid Tape now.
    "You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em."

I'm still putting "Thankyou. All auctions moving soon to EBID.NET where it's FREE to list" on all of my feebay feedback.

Been doing that for well over 6 months now and have not had any feedback removed.

Ric

Thread Information