Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Advertising ebid on ebay

Forum Lurker
    View bidnwin's Feedback (+16)
    All-About bidnwin
    View bidnwin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Its no secret feebay is planning a major change of venue soon industry gossips say. Some say the Sept 22 date is the start, others point as proof to all the new rules that support big business at expense of small i.e. allow sharing of pictures, who wants my doily pictures? but sharing electronics pictures are something else. i.e. push for free shipping, emphasis on instant shipping (a single buyer obviously can't mail out 50 packages overnight), etc.

Recently feebay signed General Motors on (California only) to sell new cars directly to public. GM even ships to your location cheap. Meanwhile my city is filled with empty lots/dealerships because GM gave them a week to cleanup & get out. Some were open 30 years! Lots of people out of work and GM is making money on line.

Massive amount of suspensions over last year also show something is up. And in last 5 years, feebay auctions have dropped from 100 million a DAY to 23 million (powersellersunite.com) a day. Yet the stock is still making money and stockholders are satisfied? Mmmmmm. 75% drop and no one blinks?????

I say feebay has become an arrogant company that thinks any of its brilliant ideas will go far and never fail. But the bigger they are the harder they fall, I think they miscalculated on this one. When they can not guarantee the buyers will stay, they got no super selling venue. They got nothing. Will all these big companies, GM, etc stay there when no one decides to shop there?

So that is what I was talking about. Who knows what will happen, and why, but something is going on, and the good part is we are gaining many many great buyers and sellers in the process!!!
    I believe Long term the likes of GM simply will not survive here in the UK in particular and I don't suppose it is any different in the US without a shop front, so as to speak.

And in last 5 years, feebay auctions have dropped from 100 million a DAY to 23 million
    This I simply did not realise albeit I use PSU regularly.

I Most Definitely would Not under Any circumstances buy the likes of a car on line unless they had a reputable dealership I could go to so I agree with what you say, how long will they last and similarly with ebay remains to be seen, they have shot us sellers in both feet big style without any consideration for us whatsoever they simply deserve all that is coming to them.

I agree 100% with a lot of what you say and have learnt a bit from it as well. Thank's for that.

Forum Lurker
    All-About bidnwin
    View bidnwin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default A Little Helping Hand

Quote Originally Posted by ainttalkin View Post
    Agreed. Let eBid grow based upon its own merits.
    Yes I agree but a little helping hand will not go amiss, we should do all we can to encourage buyers or a lot of the sellers here most simply will not stay as has happened from several posts, there simply are not the volume of buyers here as yet.

Forum Lurker
    All-About bidnwin
    View bidnwin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Limping on both feet through feebays total contempt for its long term sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Links on eby "about me" pages to external web sites are permitted, and I've seen nothing to suggest that this particular site is an exception to that.

Links on ebid "about me" pages are not permitted to *ecommerce* sites, which eby would be.

So what's being discussed just here is not against any rules that I'm aware of. I am a vocal opponent to trashing eby and to the sort of guerilla tactics that some indulge in. This particular suggestion does not seem to of that type.

If it turns out that eby specifically forbids links to here from *any* part of the site (as ebid does back the other way) then that's different - but that's what the OP is trying to find out.

Promoting your various selling outlets in a polite and positive way, within the rules of each site in question, is not a bad thing.

On eby I could, if I wished to, list items with ebid in the title - I've done so in the past when experimenting with vouchers, for example - and the listing ran perfectly without any objection. Here I could not do the equivalent, because ebid consider that to be promoting the competition, so the word eby does not appear in my listings, despite the fact that I do sell items that could be used by sellers there.

Cross-promoting is not a bad thing, as long as it's kept within the site's rules. It is *not* the same as the bashing and bitching that I've objected to many, many times in the past.
    I think a lot of the
    bashing and bitching
    that you refer to is solely down to eba*s display of total contempt shown to its sellers with its raft of ridiculous and ill thought through policies that it has introduced since Demented Donahoe took over the reins.

Forum Lurker
    All-About bidnwin
    View bidnwin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default intent on self destruct, like big time

Originally Posted by deltadelta48
    Some say the Sept 22 date is the start, others point as proof to all the new rules that support big business at expense of small i.e. allow sharing of pictures, who wants my doily pictures? but sharing electronics pictures are something else.
    Originally Posted by deltadelta48
    I say feebay has become an arrogant company that thinks any of its brilliant ideas will go far and never fail. But the bigger they are the harder they fall, I think they miscalculated on this one. When they can not guarantee the buyers will stay, they got no super selling venue. They got nothing.
    E*ay will have a difficult job sharing my pictures with anyone as they, are All are overwritten with my ID'd watermark, let 'em try.
    It will be interesting to watch what happens after that date, hopefully Donahoe will be swallowed up by a deep hole that opens up beneath him never to re-appear again. What an arrogant piece of work he is, obviously intent on self destruct, like big time.
    Last edited by bidnwin; 20th September 2009 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Links on eby "about me" pages to external web sites are permitted, and I've seen nothing to suggest that this particular site is an exception to that.

Links on ebid "about me" pages are not permitted to *ecommerce* sites, which eby would be.

So what's being discussed just here is not against any rules that I'm aware of. I am a vocal opponent to trashing eby and to the sort of guerilla tactics that some indulge in. This particular suggestion does not seem to of that type.

If it turns out that eby specifically forbids links to here from *any* part of the site (as ebid does back the other way) then that's different - but that's what the OP is trying to find out.

Promoting your various selling outlets in a polite and positive way, within the rules of each site in question, is not a bad thing.

On eby I could, if I wished to, list items with ebid in the title - I've done so in the past when experimenting with vouchers, for example - and the listing ran perfectly without any objection. Here I could not do the equivalent, because ebid consider that to be promoting the competition, so the word eby does not appear in my listings, despite the fact that I do sell items that could be used by sellers there.

Cross-promoting is not a bad thing, as long as it's kept within the site's rules. It is *not* the same as the bashing and bitching that I've objected to many, many times in the past.
    Exactly. It's not, nor should it be, about rubbing anybody's nose in anything. The fact is more people know about that site than this one. My sales show that. Buyers cannot come here and buy if they don't know about it. There's nothing more to it.

Forum Newbie
    Bolton, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
    All-About jembystrading
    View jembystrading's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello, I am new to ebid having searched for a suitable alternative to the blood sucking Ebay. I am like so many disillusioned by their new buyer protection policies and increased fees. So here I am. I am making my first forum contribution by replying with a suggestion re advertising ebid on ebay.

Some time ago I used to make my own T Shirts with slogans on them for friends etc. Well what if you put an ebid slogan, logo or reference on the tshirt (or in fact anything, doesn't have to stop at a tshirt!) and sell the item on ebay !!! lol what can they do about that?

just a thought, i'm game. and i firmly believe marketing is not all about throwing piles of money around, i'm a serious guerilla fan !

Anyone game?

Regards

Barry

Default promoting ebid on eb@y

Hi Barry

Welcome aboard.

I like your idea and i think a few people have sold their free eBid shirts on eb@y in the past.

I myself have also been running a direct link to eBid from my eb@y auctions and have been doing so without a hitch for a 2 months. I have also been contacting previous customers and letting them know about eBid.

However as has been discussed in the past whats the point of directing people to this site if it does not have what they are looking for. This is why i have been putting my energy into listing as many diverse auctions as i can on here (about 500 so far which also would have set me back £200 alone on feebay at 40p per listing). Auctions on buy it now will also get extra exposure on the Google shopping site.

So get those listings up and running then maybe think about informing previous buyers etc about this site.

Sales are currently much slower here put it's picking up all the time with over 2.8 million auctions listed (compared to about half the number last year) plus month on month around 20,000 to 30,000 extra people are visiting this site.

Good luck with you future auctions and if you ever need any help with your future auctions then the forums are the best place to ask to questions.

Ric

Forum Newbie
    View shoppings4u's Feedback (+1)
    All-About shoppings4u
    View shoppings4u's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default This is funny kinda. But wish this was possible!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lyterain View Post
    I know this is probably a no-no but is there a way to tell eBay users about ebid via eBay without breaking any of eBay's rules.
    I was thinking of perhaps when I leave feedback to mention something like "hope to see you on ebid" etc. I want to make sure that if I mention ebid on eBay it's done in a legal way so eBay have no grounds to delete it.

Other than that what are some good ways of promoting this fab website everywhere else? I want to encourage sellers because I feel really guilty about purchasing things on eBay but I only do so because no one is selling the items I need on here yet. And buyers go where the sellers are.

So let me know your ideas.

Thanks x
    If this was possible Ebay wouldn't be who they were. They devote probably 75% of their time just making sure no violations are happening that would loose them money. I'll be honest I sell there also because I only have 1 order via Ebid but if I could get Ebid up and running the way I need it to, I would transfer almost everything over. For so many reasons. I know that if I do a google search, I show up with some of my items and I really like that. Somehow Ebid just has to be known better I guess. But anyway back to the subject I'd think twice about posting anything on Ebay other then Ebay related talk because they will find it.

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've also just joined eBid from the dark side and I've been mentioning this fact (plus the reasons) on the dark forums. So far one message has been removed for an infringement (I couldn't be bothered to find out which one) but the others are still out there urging others to take the plunge.

Welcome to eBid, quite a few of us are ex Bayers having seen the light some years ago. You may find a read of this thread helpful in getting started. http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=100959
    Just shout if you need a hand, plenty of friendly helpful folk here.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Thread Information