Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Advertising ebid on ebay

Forum Newbie
    View snuggy198's Feedback (+648)
    All-About snuggy198
    View snuggy198's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hush77hush View Post
    have been reading this thread on the dark side for a couple of days i don't think that advertising on feebay will be need as most of the people on this thread are driving people here.
    http://forums.ebay.co.uk/thread.jspa...=1251055831804

oh yes....there is great unease

I think it must be just the ebid word that the autobots pick up. I hung this banner on my blog over there for a week and it never got removed. I finally felt a little guilty about it and removed it. We would not like to see their banners over here.

Quote Originally Posted by knitandpurl View Post
    You can always email all your old buyers let them know where you have gone, emails are available on your paypal receipts. If you are still selling on the dark side you can always add a flyer to your parcel offering a discount if they shop with you on ebid, because after all it is peanuts to list on this site so you can afford to drop prices slightly. Other than that word of mouth.
    I still have over 40,000 email addresses of customers that have paid me by paypal all in one folder.
    They were good enough to purchase from me, therefore I wouldnt think of spamming them now.

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lyterain View Post
    I know this is probably a no-no but is there a way to tell eBay users about ebid via eBay without breaking any of eBay's rules.
    I was thinking of perhaps when I leave feedback to mention something like "hope to see you on ebid" etc. I want to make sure that if I mention ebid on eBay it's done in a legal way so eBay have no grounds to delete it.

Other than that what are some good ways of promoting this fab website everywhere else? I want to encourage sellers because I feel really guilty about purchasing things on eBay but I only do so because no one is selling the items I need on here yet. And buyers go where the sellers are.

So let me know your ideas.

Thanks x
    Apparently you can discuss the pros & cons of various sites on the thread in the link below.

http://forums.ebay.co.uk/thread.jspa...61177&start=40

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    I still have over 40,000 email addresses of customers that have paid me by paypal all in one folder.
    They were good enough to purchase from me, therefore I wouldnt think of spamming them now.
    Good for you, you beat me by lots, I only have maybe 4000 or 5000. I did pick out the good active ones, emailed/postcarded them and did get some over. If we all do that, it will add a lot of buyers to ebid and get sellers over too since lots of people are both.

For my notice, I wrote of a sassy little ad that I printed on card stock in postcard size. Said, in part, " deltadelta48 has left ebay (just in time, went to ebid.net)." "Join me and thousands of other ebay refugees at ebid.net where online shopping and auctions are fun again!" I gave a little blurb about no listing fees, no unfair feedback practices, ebid's history, etc. Addressing buyers I said "Buyers --ebid has happy sellers and buyers. lower prices, free to join, all your ebay favorite sellers are here too. Join the happy group today, even the forums are fun"

Also listed my website (had to get a plug for me of course) and my ebid stores. mentioned my monthly sales, discounts, etc. I either emailed it OR mailed it as a postcard. This is the second batch of these I sent out, and they are handy to give to people at auctions etc Had several hundred printed on colored stock cards, for like $10 at Office Max (they even made the cuts too).

Good to have something bigger to hand out if someone asks. Went into Radio Shack today for a telephone plug and the clerk's sister-in-law runs a Bed and Breakfast and is in market for vintage linens. Bingo! I got a card right here.

All of this helps us, and helps ebid too.

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

The problem with mentioning ebid on the ebay forums and on your ads etc is that ebay are quite likely to close your account,they may or may not give you a warning first.
    Its not so much their bots that find it but complaints from other ebayers,either your competition or the band of die hard "ebay is fantastic" flag wavers and the few ebay employees who pretend to be ordinary members as they study the site and forums etc.
    Its OK to have an occasional pop,(I do when I'm bored) but far more useful long term is to try listing more stuff on here.That is the only thing that will ultimately make ebid a success,sending out emails and slagging the site off might help the individual pick up a few sales or make him feel better but it doesn't really hurt ebay.Only losing sales and then customers will,and for that to happen a viable alternative has to offer as much or better still more variety at comparable or better still,lower prices.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    Its OK to have an occasional pop,(I do when I'm bored) but far more useful long term is to try listing more stuff on here.That is the only thing that will ultimately make ebid a success,sending out emails and slagging the site off might help the individual pick up a few sales or make him feel better but it doesn't really hurt ebay.Only losing sales and then customers will,and for that to happen a viable alternative has to offer as much or better still more variety at comparable or better still,lower prices.
    You're absolutely right. In any area where I can list a better selection than is available on feebay I get sales, no problem. You do have to wait a while though until people discover where you are. If you have past customers that you can contact you can accelarate the process significantly.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think it is time we stopped behaving like naughty schoolchildren when promoting ebid.. it's unprofessional. I inform my buyers on other sites that I sell here but that is all.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    I think it is time we stopped behaving like naughty schoolchildren when promoting ebid.. it's unprofessional. I inform my buyers on other sites that I sell here but that is all.
    Couldn't agree more! Well said.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Where do you usually behave like a naughty school child then?

Of course....you are totally right....

I admit to getting involved in silliness on the feebay boards when I first started trading on the alternative sites...but I quickly grew out of that sort of behaviour

Thread Information