Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Advertising ebid on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by VintageClothing View Post
    Hi, just joined here after selling on as it has been put 'The Dark Side' for over 7 years, enough is enough. I am now emailing all my old buyers a simple, thank you for your purchase please vist me at Ebid kind of thing, fast friendly and to the point, there is no reason to go on about fees and how 'tjhey' really dont want us, so I leave that out. I also try and find every thread to do with ebid and click it, if I can leave commenets or messages I do, if I can tick a star rating I do, it takes no time at all and it must somewhere help get the site more recognition. I am new and it is early days but so far , easy layout fast and friendly replies to emails and support from everyone I have had contact with, OK so I need sales, of course but I have a feeling they will come, I truly belive that in time we will all look back and wonder just why we put up with the 'dark side' so long, and I for one will cheer good riddance, so if I might suggest email everyone, short sweet and to the point, it isnt in my opinion spam. Join discussions and promote what is actually US, any and every website or blog, twitter myspace facebook any accounts you have add a link, talk about US ebid and lets get going.
    Read past forums for selling tips.

You will get buyers from google searches, your past feebay customers, present ebid customers, and your own marketing (link from your website, passing out flyers in feebay packages, passing our flyers at fairs/store/shop/to friends). Concentrate on all of these and you will have sales.

i.e. do not use run until sold. Your items do not rise in list of items. Use 7 day auctions. This gets present ebid buyers to see your items.

i.e. use buy it now AND ten automatic relists so your items appear on google searches within a few hours. This gets new people in from google.

i.e. drop all feebay methods of marketing/listing your items. Ten items get lost on google searches, 200 get seen by many more peopel. The more you list, the more you sell.

These three are probably the most important things you have to do to get sales here. If you do not get sales in 2-3 weeks, come back and let us look at your listings and suggest tweeks to start your sales moving.

Quote Originally Posted by lovearchery View Post
    Hi i just got started on ebid. Started looking for new site because of ebays new higher fees starting april 1st. I have already sent emails out to my buyers and i put flyers in all items i sale. What do you think about starting a sale on ebay with best offer and sending all your best offers over to ebid.
    Not sure what you mean by that.

What you can do is make sure your items get listed on google searches, by using buy it now option and ten automatic relists. ebid send listings to google within an hour or so.

Also make sure you have many many listings, pack your stores full. This gets you lots of attention on google which gets you lots of sales. List like you did on feebay (10 or 20 or 30 items), and you will have few sales here. List 200 items and you will generate daily sales. That is how alternative sites work.

If you do not have sales with 2-3 weeks, come back and let us look at your listings and suggest some changes.

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post

Also make sure you have many many listings, pack your stores full. This gets you lots of attention on google which gets you lots of sales. List like you did on feebay (10 or 20 or 30 items), and you will have few sales here. List 200 items and you will generate daily sales. That is how alternative sites work.
    So you suggest it is best to bump up the listings on here, by all means I will give it a try.

Looks like I will be busy tonight.

Thread Information