Thread: Advertising ebid on ebay

Forum Newbie
    Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lyterain's Feedback (+2)
    All-About lyterain
    View lyterain's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Advertising ebid on ebay

I know this is probably a no-no but is there a way to tell eBay users about ebid via eBay without breaking any of eBay's rules.
    I was thinking of perhaps when I leave feedback to mention something like "hope to see you on ebid" etc. I want to make sure that if I mention ebid on eBay it's done in a legal way so eBay have no grounds to delete it.

Other than that what are some good ways of promoting this fab website everywhere else? I want to encourage sellers because I feel really guilty about purchasing things on eBay but I only do so because no one is selling the items I need on here yet. And buyers go where the sellers are.

So let me know your ideas.

Thanks x

View knitandpurl's Feedback (+58)
    All-About knitandpurl
    View knitandpurl's Listings
    Forum Posts

You can always email all your old buyers let them know where you have gone, emails are available on your paypal receipts. If you are still selling on the dark side you can always add a flyer to your parcel offering a discount if they shop with you on ebid, because after all it is peanuts to list on this site so you can afford to drop prices slightly. Other than that word of mouth.

Forum Newbie
    All-About lyterain
    View lyterain's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by knitandpurl View Post
    You can always email all your old buyers let them know where you have gone, emails are available on your paypal receipts. If you are still selling on the dark side you can always add a flyer to your parcel offering a discount if they shop with you on ebid, because after all it is peanuts to list on this site so you can afford to drop prices slightly. Other than that word of mouth.
    I like that selling on the dark side lol. Would it be okay to contact my old buyers from email addresses on paypal, I won't get into trouble for that will I?

View knitandpurl's Feedback (+58)
    All-About knitandpurl
    View knitandpurl's Listings
    Forum Posts

I sent out an email to everyone just to let them know I had moved and if they were happy with their purchases they would be able to find me here. Only sent 1 email and didn't have a problem.

Its a good way to let them know!

If you put "eBid" in feebay feedback, you are liable to get it removed as advertising if someone reports it.
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

have been reading this thread on the dark side for a couple of days i don't think that advertising on feebay will be need as most of the people on this thread are driving people here.
    http://forums.ebay.co.uk/thread.jspa...=1251055831804
    Check out my shop for all your fav comic books
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/HUSHS-COMIC-BOOK-WORLD

Hush is barnching out check it out
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Hushs-Trading-Card-Shack

Check out my about me for some stuff about me.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/hush77hush/all-about-me/
    or why not join my social group on the fourm pages.
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/group.php?groupid=30

Why not follow me on Twitter.
    http://twitter.com/#!/hush77hush

Quote Originally Posted by hush77hush View Post
    have been reading this thread on the dark side for a couple of days i don't think that advertising on feebay will be need as most of the people on this thread are driving people here.
    http://forums.ebay.co.uk/thread.jspa...=1251055831804
    Agree. And like many of us, I simply looked up "ebay altenatives" on the web and found that ebid was #2 and growing. What more can you ask? Many others advertise like crazy but have very few auctions (per powersellersunite.com) so why bother?

And boy does that thread bring back memories! Trying to question their policies or try to get someone to understand their new policy caused problems!

Bottom line is they did not care and are working to eliminate smaller sellers in favor of super big sellers. Those big companies can hardly wait to get on the famous feebay and sell their stuff, eliminating stores, workers, and overhead! GM signed on and now others will follow. The only ones that are going to be surprised are the smaller sellers who are denying that any change is coming!
    Last edited by deltadelta48; 23rd August 2009 at 09:33 PM.

View frollick's Feedback (+3156)
    All-About frollick
    View frollick's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am still a member on the dark side,but recently have jumped in here with both feet, as the volume of sales is greater there still,I have been writing on the receipt provided in the package, please visit ebid.net and see me there,also have told many of my fellow friends about this site, I know of one who has been following progress here so far,but it will take time,I would say after sept. 22 when there new "buyer protection policy kicks in, this site will have to notice an increase in traffic,just my thoughts

Forum Newbie
    All-About lyterain
    View lyterain's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Bottom line is they did not care and are working to eliminate smaller sellers in favor of super big sellers. Those big companies can hardly wait to get on the famous feebay and sell their stuff, eliminating stores, workers, and overhead! GM signed on and now others will follow. The only ones that are going to be surprised are the smaller sellers who are denying that any change is coming!
    Ebay have seem to gone down in all ways not only pushing small sellers out, favouring buyers over sellers when they should remain impartial and fair (i.e. getting rid of negative feedback and the sort of buyers they are breeding because of that) and the awful customer service.

You're right frollick. It's quiet now but I have a feeling things will start to pick up, it may take a month or so but hey I can wait it's not like it costs me anything to repost my listings!

Quote Originally Posted by lyterain View Post
    I know this is probably a no-no but is there a way to tell eBay users about ebid via eBay without breaking any of eBay's rules.
    I was thinking of perhaps when I leave feedback to mention something like "hope to see you on ebid" etc. I want to make sure that if I mention ebid on eBay it's done in a legal way so eBay have no grounds to delete it.

Other than that what are some good ways of promoting this fab website everywhere else? I want to encourage sellers because I feel really guilty about purchasing things on eBay but I only do so because no one is selling the items I need on here yet. And buyers go where the sellers are.

So let me know your ideas.

Thanks x
    Get yourself a Flickr account The sign up process is through Yahoo.

When it is set up, sign into Flickr.

Put in the keyword "ebay" - this will bring up images of stuff people have bought on or are selling on ebay, the author's of the photos are ebay users in other words.

Leave relevant, non-spammy comments in the comments box beneath their images, letting them know about ebid.net.

There are 101 other ways you can use flickr to promote ebid - we actually have some ebid.net groups over there, you might like to join.

You can also help ebid/flickr members to promote each others efforts which hikes up the Flickr popularity of ebid.

If you do join Flickr make sure you

• join the relevant groups
    • regularly comment on fellow ebidders' images

The most active ebid members on flickr seem to be:

me
    Madelaine
    derene 8187
    kevindockerill (kedo)

Sorry if I have missed anyone one out, but these are the ones who seem to stand out and use Flickr to go the extra mile to promote us.

ebid groups on Flickr
    Found on Ebid
    Look What I Bought On eBid.net
    ebid.net
    Look what I sold on ebid

There are other groups you will come across as well
    Last edited by booksforsale; 25th August 2009 at 12:10 AM.
    http://im1.ebidst.com/upload_banner/booksforsale_61768.jpg

Booksforsale For Vintage Homewares and New & Secondhand Books

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

Thread Information