My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Dutch auction "feature"

Default Dutch auction "feature"

I've seen the light!! I NOW know why there are complaints/comments about Dutch auctions!! It needs a bit of a tweek to work better.

Had 4 items, exactly alike, sold 2 and noticed someone else was interested so went to check the listing for remaining 2. Not there!! After something sells at Dutch auction, apparently the listing disappears, it does not keep the "shop open" to sell remaining items! And I had to manually put a new listing in with remaining items. Did not want to use the REPOST option in the sold listing as I thought it would undo the sale?

Now I think a quick fix would be to have the dutch auction listing go into UNSOLDS if there were some items left, so we would just have to manually relist? But as it stands now, after the sale there is NO copy left to relist and you have to start from scratch. A nightmare if I had 25 popular identical items to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    I've seen the light!! I NOW know why there are complaints/comments about Dutch auctions!! It needs a bit of a tweek to work better.

Had 4 items, exactly alike, sold 2 and noticed someone else was interested so went to check the listing for remaining 2. Not there!! After something sells at Dutch auction, apparently the listing disappears, it does not keep the "shop open" to sell remaining items! And I had to manually put a new listing in with remaining items. Did not want to use the REPOST option in the sold listing as I thought it would undo the sale?

Now I think a quick fix would be to have the dutch auction listing go into UNSOLDS if there were some items left, so we would just have to manually relist? But as it stands now, after the sale there is NO copy left to relist and you have to start from scratch. A nightmare if I had 25 popular identical items to sell.
    They go into the sold items and you can relist them from there. That's what I do with mine, I just change the amount left and repost.
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Now I think a quick fix would be to...
    They've been broken for ... how many years?

This brings a whole new meaning to the word 'quick'.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

Thread Information