Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Combined invoice problem

Forum Newbie
    View judykudz's Feedback (+7872)
    All-About judykudz
    View judykudz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Combined invoice problem

I just completed my first multiple item order. Instead of trying to prepare an invoice with combined shipping, I wrote directly to the buyer and asked him how he wanted the items sent. When I got his reply, I just sent him a Paypal invoice. It was the easiest way to do it, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by marschenegger View Post
    Hello.
    A buyer in the U.S. bid on and won 5 cheap items from me recently. The total for just the items is $5.61. I sent the buyer a combined invoice. The shipping was $2 x 5 = $10.00, but I added an $8 discount since combined shipping does not cost extra. I made sure to receive a copy of the invoice that eBid sent to the buyer. Right at the top of the invoice, it states this:

eBid Invoice from marschenegger
    The total for this invoice is CA$5.61.

This is incorrect. It should say something like "The total cost of your purchases is CA$5.61 (not including shipping)". The reason it does this is that the buyer must select the shipping option for each item to complete the invoice. I always give at least two shipping options, even on international orders. Had I offered only one option, that option would be chosen automatically and the invoice would give the total including shipping. So the buyer sent me a money order in the amount of $5.61 US, probably because he saw the statement above and did not bother to look at the rest of the invoice. I will not cash this money order because I need $7.61 Cdn, and the exchange rate does not make up for the $2 shortfall. I have already sent the buyer an e-mail explaining this, though I don't expect this will do much good. The buyer sent me the wrong currency (I list everything in Canadian dollars), so I'm assuming he'll be less than understanding that the invoice he received is totally misleading through no fault of my own (unless offering more than one shipping option is a cause for assessing fault).

The invoicing system needs to be fixed for combining several items. The current system is silly for making the buyer pick the shipping option for each item. If the items are combined, they will be traveling together, so there's no need to require more than one decision. There should also be flexibility in allowing the seller to change the cost of the shipping service when combining items. Forcing the seller to add a discount after the individual charges are added up is silly. I hate to say this, but eBay does the combined invoice properly, and their system should be emulated. Those of you opposed to everything eBay will probably howl at this suggestion, but eBay does not own the copyright to the logistics behind their checkout system. They happen to do it right in spite of who they are. With their system, the quagmire in which I find myself would never occur. If eBid's invoicing system is not fixed soon, I might have to circumvent it and contact buyers outside of eBid... and that's a disaster waiting to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by judykudz View Post
    I just completed my first multiple item order. Instead of trying to prepare an invoice with combined shipping, I wrote directly to the buyer and asked him how he wanted the items sent. When I got his reply, I just sent him a Paypal invoice. It was the easiest way to do it, I think.
    Yes, ebid's invoicing system is not the easiest thing to do. Confusing for the seller and the buyer.

I Give Up!! I can not find a way to set combined shipping for buyers who make multiple purchases other than in Section One, the box for number of items. If I put 2 in that box, then in Section Two it gives me the option to specify the amount for combined shipping. However, since I make doll clothes, I do not have more than ONE of each dress so I do not put more than ONE for the number of items in Section One when listing. I sent an invoice and had to give a 50% discount on shipping because the customer bought two dresses and the system was charging two times the shipping I had set. I hope all this makes sense... and that someone can help me to find COMBINED Shipping.

Thanks,
    Pamela

Quote Originally Posted by PamelasDesigns View Post
    I Give Up!! I can not find a way to set combined shipping for buyers who make multiple purchases other than in Section One, the box for number of items. If I put 2 in that box, then in Section Two it gives me the option to specify the amount for combined shipping. However, since I make doll clothes, I do not have more than ONE of each dress so I do not put more than ONE for the number of items in Section One when listing. I sent an invoice and had to give a 50% discount on shipping because the customer bought two dresses and the system was charging two times the shipping I had set. I hope all this makes sense... and that someone can help me to find COMBINED Shipping.

Thanks,
    Pamela

If you have paypal, invoice them through it. It's much easier. Ebid's invoicing system is less than desirable and so far no improvements have been made to it though users have asked.

They should just make discounts a larger bolder Font, and the grand total the same. Say the invoice is in 10 inch font put the discount in red and make the font 20, and the "Grand Total" in big bold 24 inch font.

Example:
    item 1 $5
    item 2 $10
    Shipping $20(way to much)
    Shipping Discount $10

Grand total: $25

Making the discount and grand total easier to see would probably lessen buyers confusion looking at the invoice.

Thread Information