Page 10 of 72 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Thread: Breast Cancer Care Pink Fridays

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

You have something pink to list - put a note on it and sit it on the computer

I hope when everyone is ready to list the first "pink" auction in October, ya'll will spell it all out in black & white so I will know where & how to list my stuff. Right now all I have is some pink buttons, but will look around for something else.

Is this going to be a "group" auction like ydc? Will it be once a month..every week or what. Forgive me if I missed reading something in the posts. And who is the money sent to...I mean which agency..office..etc. Will it be sent in one lump sum?

Sorry for all the questions...

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    You have something pink to list - put a note on it and sit it on the computer
    Yes, thank you Meebo - I have lots of pink that Ive come across that obviously avoided YDC for this occasion - I just really must remember that October comes after September!

Andy had to remind me its my birthday v. soon, how terrible is that!

View smiffy49er's Feedback (+570)
    All-About smiffy49er
    View smiffy49er's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful2 View Post
    I hope when everyone is ready to list the first "pink" auction in October, ya'll will spell it all out in black & white so I will know where & how to list my stuff. Right now all I have is some pink buttons, but will look around for something else.

Is this going to be a "group" auction like ydc? Will it be once a month..every week or what. Forgive me if I missed reading something in the posts. And who is the money sent to...I mean which agency..office..etc. Will it be sent in one lump sum?

Sorry for all the questions...
    It is actually going to be every Friday in October. The auctions run from Friday- Sunday. The money is for Breast Cancer Care.
    There is still some fine detail to sort out but it will be similar to YDC except it has a pink theme...which can be very loosely interpreted Just putting a pink ribbon on something makes it pink

Go on click you know you want to

http://www.justgiving.com/Charyn-Smith

Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right, and the other is a husband.

Quote Originally Posted by smiffy49er View Post
    It is actually going to be every Friday in October. The auctions run from Friday- Sunday. The money is for Breast Cancer Care.
    There is still some fine detail to sort out but it will be similar to YDC except it has a pink theme...which can be very loosely interpreted Just putting a pink ribbon on something makes it pink
    So the auctions will only be running for the month of October. I will watch for futher infomation. Thanks for replying...

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful2 View Post
    So the auctions will only be running for the month of October. I will watch for futher infomation. Thanks for replying...

Sandy - From what I can understand the plan is to have auctions running from the Friday to the Sunday each weekend through October - October is Breast Cancer Awareness month in the UK, and this year we are having a Pink Friday promotion to encourage people to 'think pink' - or in our case - 'list pink'. There are 5 weekends in october, so we'll have 5 opportunities to take part, although the last one co-incides with the YDC, which should be good as a lot of people will be browsing the charity section.

There is no hard set of rules, but rough guidelines to the listings - listing start at around 99p, with buy it now if you want to add it. Listings running for 3 or 4 days, but make sure you include the Friday / weekend.

If you check the earlier part of the thread, it has everything as it was discussed / arranged.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

All-About smiffy49er
    Forum Posts

I may be able to let you know a bit more when the fundraising pack arrives from BCC.

We can arrange it anyway we want to as long as they get their money I don't think we need any hard and fast rules.
    It's FUN people, with some charity fundraising along the way

Marriage is a relationship in which one person is always right, and the other is a husband.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have got some majorly great pink things to list. Something that folks around here were hankering after just recently...

All-About smiffy49er
    Forum Posts

That sounds exciting but I expect you are keeping it secret (insert grimacing face)

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smiffy49er View Post
    That sounds exciting but I expect you are keeping it secret (insert grimacing face)
    Yep!

Thread Information