Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Would you like a "total of totals" thread?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 85.71%
  • No

0 0%
  • Don't care

1 14.29%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: YDC Totals of totals

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well said that man
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

Yorkie,

You have made a few good points there, and I am sorry if you feel I was deliberately stepping on peoples toes, that was not my intention at all. In fact that never crossed my mind.

I understand that running YDC can be time consuming, but I am guessing from your post that this suggestion would then be up to babs to keep up to date.
    This was not my intention either.

This suggestion was simply to get others views purely on a positive note for YDC'ers and eBid. The idea came to me after reading an announcement elsewhere when they stated that they had raised xxx for charity in the last 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies2 View Post
    Yorkie,

You have made a few good points there, and I am sorry if you feel I was deliberately stepping on peoples toes, that was not my intention at all. In fact that never crossed my mind.

I understand that running YDC can be time consuming, but I am guessing from your post that this suggestion would then be up to babs to keep up to date.

This suggestion was simply to get others views purely on a positive note for YDC'ers and eBid. The idea came to me after reading an announcement elsewhere when they stated that they had raised xxx for charity in the last 10 years.

In all fairness I myself think that it would be a great idea in that we can all see how much has been raised at a glance in all the YDC's. Admitted I have the squidoo lens which does do the same job, the amounts raised are 'lost' in amongst the blurb for the appropriate month.

It would not be a problem for me to do a tally thread - when I was doing the research for the lens, in joint agreement with Shezz back in January, I also did a tally sheet going back to 2005 / 6, so it would just a case of copy pasting the totals into a third area.

I have also added onto the tally sheet the amounts that the christmas quilt squares have raised before they even get made into a quilt and gets auctioned in Dec.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies2 View Post
    Yorkie,

Ayup lass,

I never for a minute thought that you were deliberately stepping on anyones toes lass. I just felt that I should raise the points that I did because I didn't want to see Babs snowed under with idea's about the YDC before the lass has had chance to find her feet.

Some of the other points I raised were just to make folk realise that there can be a lot more to running the YDC other than simply posting announcements and okaying auctions, some folk new to the YDC may not realise that.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Mention eBid if you add me on FaceBook or Twitter so I know where you are from.

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yorkiesauctions View Post
    I think the idea is a good one.

But...

I don't want to be a moaning minnie or killjoy but I think that anything to do with the YDC should be discussed with Babs via PM before being posted on the forum for the rest of us to pass comment on.

Running the YDC can at times be very time consuming and hectic and in my opinion the person running the YDC should be consulted before changes or improvements are put to members through the forums. Only the person running the YDC knows how much time they have to put into running it, nobody else knows what is going on in their personal life and is demanding their time.

Also I know that people mean well but if they have a YDC related idea they shouldn't really just set their idea into action without checking, by PM, with the person who is running the YDC first. It is much better to have just one person overseeing all YDC projects and keeping things organised and as simple as possible. If too many people are running their own YDC related project things can become messy and confusing to newcomers and also open the doors for scammers to take advantage of the YDC.

When I first started the YDC over on the other side we did have a problem with some folk using the YDC to line their own pocket by deceiving buyers into thinking that they were bidding on a charity auction when in reality they weren't. That is why I introduced the expected value limit, to stop scammers using the YDC to list higher priced items and conning buyers. So it is better that the person running the YDC runs, and has the final say, on all YDC related projects. It also makes it easier for people taking part in the YDC because they then know that whatever that one person says is what goes, they won't be getting conflicting advise from other people.

I hope you don't mind me giving my opinion on this, I just thought that I'd make folk aware of how time consuming and complicated it can be running the YDC and how easy it can be to over complicate it and put people off joining in or how easy it is to open the doors to scammers if everyone is allowed to run their own YDC related projects.

Sorry but I so agree with everything that Frank says, I am with babs all the way and appreciate everything she is doing and has done for the YDC I will always be there if she needs me at all,

I am so upset that the YDC has been taken out of the KT, but can understand why, IMO it was getting out of hand with all these threads being started by different people, while it was in the kt people would become aware of it, but how many will actually look here

As i have always said, you only needed a thread to annouce the YDC The pimp thread, (i would lock the annoucment thread so it dropped when i put the pimp thread up) then the tally thread, this was tolerable to others

btw i'm not having a go at anyone
    Last edited by shezz; 13th August 2009 at 10:45 AM.
    Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

Quote Originally Posted by shezz View Post
    I am so upset that the YDC has been taken out of the KT, but can understand why, IMO it was getting out of hand with all these threads being started by different people, while it was in the kt people would become aware of it, but how many will actually look here
    Yeah I was disappointed when I saw that the YDC had been taken out of the KT, but I'm sure we'll find ways to "mention" it in the KT during YDC weeks.

You only have to look at the viewing figures in this section to see that it only gets a fraction of the viewers that the KT gets.

In the beginning Gazza and Mark gave us permission to promote and discuss the YDC in the KT and allowed us to pimp our YDC auctions in the KT (rather than in the proper forum) as long as we kept it to one thread at a time on the first page, I think we abused that slightly. lol. It probably didn't help with me harping on about my challenge walk in the KT either, I should have known better than that really. But I am excited about the walk and really want to raise the maximum amount that I can for the NSPCC because it is something that I feel is very important, so I let my enthusiasm(sp?) run away with me.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

No running, just walk

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    No running, just walk
    lol, I don't think there is much danger of that lass, unless I run back to the start when I see the mountain. lol
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Thread Information