eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Everything you need to know about the NSPCC and my challenge.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Peckham
    You are back in London again!! I think this hike is not in Yorkshire at all

Quote Originally Posted by pearlygirl555 View Post
    I'm sure that being in the company of other hikers, having the strong motivation that you do, and perhaps being a wee bit winded will take some of the immediacy out of the chuffin massive mountain

I also have fear of heights and it seems to become more pronounced as I get older. But I have no problem with high elevations, by which I mean mountains of 10,000 feet or more. I think when you get started up the mountain you will find that it has a different "feel" to it, even looking down where you came from, or out into the scenic view. It is just what the ground has done, and you've come along for the ride. You will be just fine
    The most annoying thing is that I know it's silly and irrational but I can't do anything about it, I've tried in the past. I even feel the panic if someone else is near the edge and I'm well away from the edge. It's hard to explain. I get dizzy and sweaty and my legs buckle, it's bloody stupid.

I took these two photos last summer...

I was a good 20 to 30 feet away from the edge, I used the zoom on the camera, but my heart was almost thumping it's way out of my chest and I was clammy and sweaty. I had to turn my back on the people climbing after I took the photo because I could feel the panic gradually building. Even looking at the photos make me feel apprehensive, how silly is that?!

Those photos were taken just up the road from here, the cliffs are only about 50 or 60ft high.

The two things that I have going for me are that I'm determined and I'm a stubborn git. lol. I'll think of something on the day and I'll get to the top and down again, but I bet I'm scared bloody stiff until the climb is behind me.

As they say in yorkshire, "It'll be reet, it'll all come out in the wash". Which basically means, stop worrying and just get on with it. lol
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Mention eBid if you add me on FaceBook or Twitter so I know where you are from.

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    Peckham
    You are back in London again!! I think this hike is not in Yorkshire at all
    You don't think that they're trying to trick me and it's really a 225 mile walk instead of a 25 mile walk do you?
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Forum Saint
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

wasn't it clapham you start? Not that far from Peckham

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    wasn't it clapham you start? Not that far from Peckham
    lol, yeah, I knew it had summat to do with London.

Must have had me gormless head on yesterday.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Forum Saint
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Mind you the scenerie isn't as nice

View pearlygirl555's Feedback (+203)
    All-About pearlygirl555
    View pearlygirl555's Listings
    Forum Posts

Those photos are great! I get the same response you do when I look at them, much less having been up there

When I was a kid we used to snow ski a lot, which of course meant going uphill via a chair lift. I didn't like when the lift ran over the big ponds (they made artificial snow, too dry in Southern California for real snow) but otherwise, it was okay.

Thirty years on, and I was at our state fair with my boss for a cattle show. We took the chair lift from one part of the fair to another, a very short ride, chairs not very far above ground, and I thought I was going to die! Sweating, heart pounding out of my chest, shaking.....Loren would say things like "just look down, we aren't that far up" and "oh, they cut a path through that tree for the lift, we're only about 30 feet up" and I was like, shut the **** up!!! Talk about kissing the ground when we got to the other end....whew!
    "You're a guest of nature.....so behave!"

I couldn't go on a chair lift to save my life! The combination of the height and the air under my feet would freak me out bigtime.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Forum Saint
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am the same. Can just abput cope with heights if there is a barrier up to my neck or if it's enclosed, though up till now I have resisted all 'temptations' to go on the London Eye. I like Terra Firma

I've just had a look at the 10 day weather forecast for the walk area and at the moment it says, Fog AM - Sunny PM, which isn't too bad as long as it's not too sunny. Apparently they have had a lot of rain this week and it's quite muddy there at the moment, let's hope some of that dries up before the walk.

For anyone who is not sure where Ingleborough is it's not far from Skipton.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Thread Information