eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Everything you need to know about the NSPCC and my challenge.

Training update:

I've had a tough week this week, I picked up a stomach bug on Monday which affected me all week. And I've had to do an extra 25 hours at work this week too which obviously limited my training time.

But, I managed to get a 10 mile walk in and I still did the 8 mile round trip walks to my second job. I am going to take it easy this weekend though because all the extra work and the stomach bug have left me feeling tired and a bit shaky and I don't want to make myself feel worse with only a fortnight left to the walk. I may sneak a short walk, 6 miles or so, sometime over the weekend though.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Mention eBid if you add me on FaceBook or Twitter so I know where you are from.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Poor Yorkie! Just make sure that you got rid of the bug properly. We all have a tendency to ignore these 'little' things and go back to our routine before the body is ready. And we will pay for it at some point in our lives.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I love the idea of a six mile walk being short.

Mind you, Eddie Izzard's running a marathon a day at the moment!

Get well soon, anyroadup mate.

Quote Originally Posted by meebo1 View Post
    Poor Yorkie! Just make sure that you got rid of the bug properly. We all have a tendency to ignore these 'little' things and go back to our routine before the body is ready. And we will pay for it at some point in our lives.
    It's just a stomach bug that is doing the rounds around here, it leaves you feeling weak and shaky. Doing 25 hours overtime didn't help much either. I'm terrible when it comes to doctors, it has been over ten years since I last went to mine, I can't even remember his name. I get my inhalers on repeat prescription and only visit the asthma clinic when I get a letter telling me off for not going to see the nurse. lol

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I love the idea of a six mile walk being short.

Mind you, Eddie Izzard's running a marathon a day at the moment!

Get well soon, anyroadup mate.
    It's strange how quickly your mindset changes when you're training. A couple of months ago a six mile walk would have been a day out for me, now I'd be annoyed with myself if it took me a couple of hours. The walk to my second job and back seems like nothing to me now whereas before it was a major walk. I definitely get a buzz when a walk goes to plan, I was dead chuffed with the 18 mile walk last Saturday when I did it under 6 hours and beat my target time by just over an hour. It's just a shame that I don't have enough free time to train how I want to, but I'm doing okay as I am and I can even feel how much fitter I am now too.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Oo! I got an anonymous sponsor, thank you if you're reading this.

Dunno if you're from eBid or not?, but I have a link to this thread on my sponsorship page so even if you're not an eBider you could still be read this.

Not long to go now, getting a bit nervous. lol
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Thank you CrazyJay, a very generous sponsor Jerry.

Training is still going well, I'm hitting all the targets that I set myself. When setting a target I keep it realistic but difficult, that way I can monitor my fitness level. So far so good.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Only two weeks left for the challenge walk!

Whoa!, seems to be coming around chuffin fast now.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

View pearlygirl555's Feedback (+203)
    All-About pearlygirl555
    View pearlygirl555's Listings
    Forum Posts

Look how much you've already accomplished in terms of getting yourself in better shape---you'll be able to go another decade without seeing the doctors now

When you went to see the big hill, did it aggravate your fear of heights? Or did I misunderstand you, and you haven't been up there yet?
    "You're a guest of nature.....so behave!"

Quote Originally Posted by pearlygirl555 View Post
    Look how much you've already accomplished in terms of getting yourself in better shape---you'll be able to go another decade without seeing the doctors now

When you went to see the big hill, did it aggravate your fear of heights? Or did I misunderstand you, and you haven't been up there yet?
    I thought that I was quite fit before but the training has definitely made a difference, I have a lot more energy nowadays too.

I only saw it from a few miles away because I went to Peckham where the walk starts to make sure that I knew the way and that I knew where the meeting point was on the day.

When I saw the big hill (chuffin massive mountain!) it did concern me a bit. But I'll conquer my fear on the day, somehow. I'm not going to let my silly fear beat me on something like this, it's too important to me.
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

View pearlygirl555's Feedback (+203)
    All-About pearlygirl555
    View pearlygirl555's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm sure that being in the company of other hikers, having the strong motivation that you do, and perhaps being a wee bit winded will take some of the immediacy out of the chuffin massive mountain

I also have fear of heights and it seems to become more pronounced as I get older. But I have no problem with high elevations, by which I mean mountains of 10,000 feet or more. I think when you get started up the mountain you will find that it has a different "feel" to it, even looking down where you came from, or out into the scenic view. It is just what the ground has done, and you've come along for the ride. You will be just fine
    "You're a guest of nature.....so behave!"

Thread Information