eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Everything you need to know about the NSPCC and my challenge.

View Rednosty's Feedback (+998)
    All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Careful you don't trip then

Vintage Mechanical and Quartz Watches
    and collectables

Click on the link to enter my store

Why not visit my New Store. Where you will find almost anything

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Rednostys-All-Sorts-Store

All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Have you put any thought into this venture (he says!!)

and collectables

Quote Originally Posted by Rednosty View Post
    Have you put any thought into this venture (he says!!)

course he has red...hes thought about stayin bed that morning and sayin ........nahhhhhhhhhhhh forget it lol.....

Forum Master
    View poppa501's Feedback (+642)
    All-About poppa501
    View poppa501's Listings
    Forum Posts

Frank--YOU ARE THE MAN!! With your attitude and preperation, I know you will make it for sure. And if for some bizzare reason you don't--That's OK too 'cause you're giving it a better shot than the rest of us couch potatos!

Thanks from all of us on the KT and a big thanks from the kids. You deserve it!

Love ya guy!
    Poppa

Forum Saint
    View FairMaiden's Feedback (+600)
    All-About FairMaiden
    View FairMaiden's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by poppa501 View Post
    Frank--YOU ARE THE MAN!! With your attitude and preperation, I know you will make it for sure. And if for some bizzare reason you don't--That's OK too 'cause you're giving it a better shot than the rest of us couch potatos!

Thanks from all of us on the KT and a big thanks from the kids. You deserve it!

Love ya guy!
    Poppa

Ditto what Poppa says

I know Im probably a bit slow in asking but how can we sponsor you?????

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by poppa501 View Post
    Frank--YOU ARE THE MAN!! With your attitude and preperation, I know you will make it for sure. And if for some bizzare reason you don't--That's OK too 'cause you're giving it a better shot than the rest of us couch potatos! Poppa
    Another seconding of that! Well put. Sounds like you're really serious about making preparations and your walks to work are great. I think you will be caught up in the enthusiasm and encouragement of all the other hikers. The thing i would worry most about is blisters on your feet so hope you have broken-in, perfectly fitting shoes and socks that do their job. Will there be a "sag wagon" driving alongside the walkers, carrying supplies so you don't have to?

Forum Saint
    View FairMaiden's Feedback (+600)
    All-About FairMaiden
    View FairMaiden's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sag wagon, lol. I had visions of a truck riding besides the walkers with sticks to hold their bellies etc up

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

HAHA that was something l like my first vision of it too. Or i thought people would be walking along with their upper bodies draped on something like a flatbed hay wagon, barely able to move their feet along.

Cheers Poppa, that's very kind of you. I'll be giving it my best shot that's for sure. The main part that worries me is the climb to the top of Ingleborough Massif because I have an acute fear of heights, I go dizzy and almost pass out. I once got stuck on a ledge just 20 feet off the ground, I was stuck there for half an hour until I got annoyed with myself and jumped off instead of climbing down. lol. I know the fear is stupid but I can't control it, it's definitely my main phobia. But I'll close my eyes and run if I have to, I'll get to the top and own again somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by FairMaiden View Post
    Ditto what Poppa says

I know Im probably a bit slow in asking but how can we sponsor you?????
    Cheers lass.

lol, my sponsorship page is at www.JustGiving.com/FCarr (HINT: See my sig). I've added instructions to the OP too now.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasAda View Post
    Another seconding of that! Well put. Sounds like you're really serious about making preparations and your walks to work are great. I think you will be caught up in the enthusiasm and encouragement of all the other hikers. The thing i would worry most about is blisters on your feet so hope you have broken-in, perfectly fitting shoes and socks that do their job. Will there be a "sag wagon" driving alongside the walkers, carrying supplies so you don't have to?
    Thank you.

I don't know anyone else who is doing the challenge so I've not talked to any other walkers, but I have talked to a couple of folk who have done part of the walk and they said it's a tough one, part of it is actually a scramble rather than a walk (you need to use your hands as well as your feet to get up).

Yeah I've learnt all about the blisters and have taken all precautions against them. Obviously you can't guarentee that you won't get blisters no matter how much you prepare, but you can lessen the chances of getting them.

lol, no there's no sag wagon, you can't get one over a lot of the terrain. But there are water supplies, fruit, and sandwiches, at the checkpoints. Although in the information that they sent me they said that I should make sure that I take plenty of water and food with ne incase their supplies have run out by the time I hit the checkpoints, apparently they only have limited supplies. They also said that I should take a supply of high energy drinks and banana's to lift my energy levels when I need to.

Quote Originally Posted by FairMaiden View Post
    Sag wagon, lol. I had visions of a truck riding besides the walkers with sticks to hold their bellies etc up
    lol, when I read it I got a mental image of a Zimmer frame with wheels on and beer bellies resting on them...and women with droopy boobs sprang to mind too. lol
    Yorkie

My FaceBook page.
    My Twitter page.
    My YouTube channel.

Mention eBid if you add me on FaceBook or Twitter so I know where you are from.

All-About Rednosty
    View Rednosty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Your supposed to say Thank you (Eric)

and collectables

Thread Information