eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Gazza ...major flaws in this 'feedback request' system...

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just because this site is not perfect (neither is anywhere else) doesn't mean I'm going to bail out and move elsewhere. Far from it, I'm staying the course and watch eBid evolve.

Many discussions and polls have been created to request enhancements or to find out member's opinions. And many times, management did not step in seeming to not care, and many times we were surprised with requested updates by them without warning.

eBid do listen and are watching our discussions. Just because they don't always make an appearance on any given thread doesn't mean they don't care.

x

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post
    Not negative.. just opinions voiced.
    I totally agree but.... threads with far less nagativity towards ebid have been pulled before now.... so I am just surprised (and happy) that his one hasn't been (yet)

terry, as a seller+ I, like a few others, keep the listings we already have listed here, but we do not list new stock. It costs us nothing and from time to time we do sell here. until such times as I have the time to move my stock to another site (which in my case could well be years away) I have no intention of leaving.

as for legal items. I am afraid that comes down to ebid being a UK registered company, and therefore bound by UK laws. What might be legal to sell in the USA might not be legal in the UK. I've had it the other way around... things that are legal to sell in the UK have been removed from USA sites I have traded on due to them being illegal to sell in the USA, even though I wasn't selling them to US buyers

on the whole I agree with you jewel but in this case with so many against the feedback request system maybe "someone" from management should comment.... especially as ebid are losing buyers because of it....

I honestly think this is a misconceived idea on the part of ebid... the bottom line is feedback is voluntary and with the email requests that are sent out it makes it looks like on this site it is compulsory

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Yet here we have the feedback reminder issue that people feel affects their businesses and they also get a lack of response.
    That is only noticeable here because we are so used to admin being generally very accomodating to complaints and suggestions and open to discussion on how the site develops. So on the odd occasions when they do dig their heels in and turn a deaf ear to the users it sticks out like a sore thumb. You wouldn't get a thread like this on feebay because nobody expects them to listen to the users.

I admit that some of the topics on which they appear intransigent seem odd ones which would appear, on the surface, as though it really shouldn't matter to them. This being one and the old 'flashing R' being examples.

At the end of the day the site is 'their ball' and they have to run it as they see best fit for its continued growth - even if we don't always agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    At the end of the day the site is 'their ball' and they have to run it as they see best fit for its continued growth - even if we don't always agree with that.

but in this case they are not getting as much growth as they want because buyers (and possabily some sellers) are leaving because of the "request" sent out by ebid... so instead of growing at x% they are only growing at x-y%, whereas if they did away with the "request" they would grow at the full 100%....

and although it hasn't happened (to my knowlage) yet, one day someone will get a negative feedback because of it..... will ebid then remove the said feedback or like the whole feedback request debarcle just turn their back and walk away from it

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    That is only noticeable here because we are so used to admin being generally very accomodating to complaints and suggestions and open to discussion on how the site develops. So on the odd occasions when they do dig their heels in and turn a deaf ear to the users it sticks out like a sore thumb. You wouldn't get a thread like this on feebay because nobody expects them to listen to the users.
    Very true, and a timely reminder, thank you.

But I still think they're wrong about this, and still intend to say so when the mood strikes me.

View Barrattess's Feedback (+2717)
    All-About Barrattess
    View Barrattess's Listings
    Forum Posts

..yes indeed Kimbo..me too!
    ...for the record...I, like Jan, have no intentions of leaving Ebid... and I hope it was never implied.

Have a click...You know you want to...

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

This matter was discussed many months ago, the outcome was that we reduced the number of emails to a single one sent quite a while after the sale and that the wording of the email was differed greatly from the normal feedback reminders that are sent out on demand by our sellers to ensure there was no confusion as to the source of the email.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    This matter was discussed many months ago, the outcome was that we reduced the number of emails to a single one sent quite a while after the sale and that the wording of the email was differed greatly from the normal feedback reminders that are sent out on demand by our sellers to ensure there was no confusion as to the source of the email.

Gazza
    Please can you post the text of the automatic message, since there is so much confusion about what it says? Thanks.

Thread Information