eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Gazza ...major flaws in this 'feedback request' system...

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's *because* of the wording that they get that impression, which is why the wording *is* significant. If the wording made it clear that the seller had no choice and the message was sent by ebid not them, that would be better than the current situation, though still not as good as not sending them.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

...I really do not see what the wording of the email has to do with it...which is why I did bother to copy and paste....
    ...the receiver of the email is under the impression that the seller/buyer has requested feedback...when in fact this is not the case...unless as Kirstrich quite rightly pointed out...you frequent these forums....
    It's *because* of the wording that they get that impression, which is why the wording *is* significant. If the wording made it clear that the seller had no choice and the message was sent by ebid not them, that would be better than the current situation, though still not as good as not sending them.
    Both comments mean the same thing to me, just worded differently. You are both correct

x

View Barrattess's Feedback (+2717)
    All-About Barrattess
    View Barrattess's Listings
    Forum Posts

...yes...I see your point Kimbo...
    ..... Ebid have indeed worded it in a way that makes it look as if the email required/request is from the seller/buyer....
    ...again, this is not acceptable....

Have a click...You know you want to...

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by canuckbid View Post
    My 2 cents worth. I really do not see any problem with asking for feedback. Another way for ebid to confirm the seller received their item.
    Until there's a dispute, what's it got to do with ebid? They're just the venue.

Another tool for weeding out good sellers from bad sellers.
    It would be nice to think so, but I can't see it achieving that really.

Anytime you join a site, get a new email account or anything simliar you receive a request to confirm it. They do not even involve a person's money.
    That happens *once* on sign-up, not every time you use the site.

I think some people are way too worked up over this one. It's not like it says you will be barred from the site or anything if you do not leave feedback. Geesh

Again only my opinion on it.
    I can't claim to feel worked-up - it annoys me that they are interfering in a way that might alienate my customers, when I work so hard at providing a good buying experience, but I don't think I'm going to blow a gasket. But because I think it's wrong, I'm going to continue to say so until I give up hope of anything being done. That's not temper, it's perserverence.

Let me think... I know that you pride yourself on going for low prices and providing the best possible deal you can. Now suppose ebid started suggesting that you add a $5 service charge to every purchase. It's not compulsory but they send a bill out to your customers asking them to pay an extra five dollars. And they say it's from you. How do you feel about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Barrattess View Post
    ...yes...I see your point Kimbo...
    ..... Ebid have indeed worded it in a way that makes it look as if the email required/request is from the seller/buyer....
    ...again, this is not acceptable....
    Has management responded to this controversy?
    I have to say finding it has ruined my day. A major, major reason for my wanting to see the last of eBay is their sick feedback system. Now I find there's a feedback-related problem here too. : /

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by canuckbid View Post
    Maybe go explain yourself in the other thread I just responded on.
    You only get a request when you make a transaction I would think. Not everytime you use the site here. Where did this 5 dollar deal come from? Now you are adding stuff that is not even there. Annoyed. You bet I am with the latest so called "free offer" of yours. Someone has to blow the whistle. There is others that do the same "free offer"

So this is what the other thing is all about? I disagreed with you here, so the uppity woman needs slapping back into her place?

Now we know, thanks.

I find it interesting that Gazza said he was frustrated at Tiscali and the lack of response to the DNS issue which is no doubt affecting eBid's business. Yet here we have the feedback reminder issue that people feel affects their businesses and they also get a lack of response.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

as this thread is so negative towards ebid I am surprised it wasn't pulled days ago

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Not negative.. just opinions voiced.

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

To call opposing views negative implies that the current system is absolutely correct

The opposing views see it otherwise

This, banning the listing legal items, other unanswered change requests by concerned sellers and G&M's general 'we know best' attitude have me and others ready to bail from this site

Maybe they don't feel they need sellers because they have banner ads for revenue
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

Thread Information