eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Gazza ...major flaws in this 'feedback request' system...

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Reasons why this is a bad idea for sellers are obvious, and I'm afraid ebid don't appear to be too interested. Perhaps what we need is a bit of a brain-storm on why it's a bad idea for *the site*.

Damaging to the site's friendly image is a good place to start, thanks.
    We know nagged buyers have left, which is bad for ebid over all.

What else?

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View maroy41's Feedback (+1089)
    All-About maroy41
    View maroy41's Listings
    Forum Posts

The feedback option should be up to the sellers, the buyers are their customers, and satisfied customers return, that means more fees for ebid's coffers.
    Great books reasonable prices please click on the logo below and browse around I have quite a selection for you to choose from.

Some great Dvd's --->
    Here

View Barrattess's Feedback (+2717)
    All-About Barrattess
    View Barrattess's Listings
    Forum Posts

...you know Kimbo...we really should not have to justify why we do not want this addition. Ebid is a venue...as *bay was before it until it started adding all the rules and regs that peeps have come to know and love...and LEAVE behind by the way!
    Some may say well when you join Ebid...you agree to their 'terms and conditions' ...accepted...but when I signed on the dotted line...this was not in place at the time...it is an addition..in my case un unwelcome addition.
    Yes, I appreciate some peeps may well want this 'option' (I use the word lightly as I do not see it as such)...and they ..like myself..should be GIVEN the option...but like Minx said...I see the customers as mine...maybe that is what should be decided upon...are the buying customers Ebids...or the sellers...put another way...no sellers...no buyers....no Ebid....
    I may be missing the point somewhere along the line...I do not come into the forums everyday...so please feel free to enlighten me....but surely it is up to me/us...as buyers...to ask for feedback if we want it.

Barrattess

Have a click...You know you want to...

Forum Lurker
    Only One, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View Annes_Nostalgia's Feedback (+388)
    All-About Annes_Nostalgia
    View Annes_Nostalgia's Listings
    Forum Posts

Before the days of the Internet and eMail we had Junk Mail - and how we all moaned about that.

As I see it : The site makes it living by having buyers buy from sellers. Both groups need to be comfortable and happy on the site or they will leave - there are plenty others out there.

Sellers need to prove their credibility to Buyers, so we all accept that they do need feedback, but in my experience more buyers leave feedback than don't. Going after the ones who don't leave feedback can only be equated to Junk Mail - irritating and buyers will not be happy.

Most Sellers are happy to accept buyers with 0 feedback. And the same applies to Buyers - they accept that sellers have to start somewhere.

Do Sellers with, say, 1000+ feedback feel that they are making more sales because of the high score? When we only had 5 or 15 or 40 we still got buyers otherwise we would never get to the 1000+.

It seems that it is the managerial team of eBid who need everyone to leave feedback? Why? to prove that we are all happy with eBid? We are, else we wouldn't be here, but this seems to be changing for some over this feedback issue.

Lets just be allowed to 'get on with the job' that we are here for - to buy and sell in a friendly and trusting environment and not rock our lovely boat.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Barrattess View Post
    ...you know Kimbo...we really should not have to justify why we do not want this addition...

Barrattess
    Maybe not. But just asking hasn't worked, so let's try convincing them instead.

All-About maroy41
    View maroy41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Maybe not. But just asking hasn't worked, so let's try convincing them instead.
    I would have thought that if buyers are leaving due to what they class as 'feedback harassment,' that should be convincing enough.
    Great books reasonable prices please click on the logo below and browse around I have quite a selection for you to choose from.

Some great Dvd's --->
    Here

View Barrattess's Feedback (+2717)
    All-About Barrattess
    View Barrattess's Listings
    Forum Posts

...I'm sorry...but I really do not want to let this slip into oblivion...
    ...it has occured to me that Ebid would have spent their time better sending buyers an email telling them HOW to leave feedback. I have had this request from quite a few first time buyers who do not know their way around Ebid and find it quite daunting...which it can be...to be begin with...but with just a few simple 'pointers' ...are able to leave feedback.
    ...I suspect that a lot of 'missing feedback' is indeed because new peeps do not KNOW how to leave it.
    ...Either way, I am still 100% against this ..as I see it..'Forced Feedback Required'....

Have a click...You know you want to...

All-About maroy41
    View maroy41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Barrattess View Post
    ...I'm sorry...but I really do not want to let this slip into oblivion...
    ...it has occured to me that Ebid would have spent their time better sending buyers an email telling them HOW to leave feedback. I have had this request from quite a few first time buyers who do not know their way around Ebid and find it quite daunting...which it can be...to be begin with...but with just a few simple 'pointers' ...are able to leave feedback.
    ...I suspect that a lot of 'missing feedback' is indeed because new peeps do not KNOW how to leave it.
    ...Either way, I am still 100% against this ..as I see it..'Forced Feedback Required'....
    A good idea, and I suspect you may be right.

Some great Dvd's --->
    Here

All-About maroy41
    View maroy41's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am not trying to be a annoying, but this is an issue that needs to be resolved, it should be up to the sellers to ask for feedback if that's their choice, but if the boyz insist on doing it their way then they have to look from the buyers point of view, how would they like to receive those annoying mails for feedback, it is not compulsory, either from the buyer or seller, it should be left up to the individual, the old way was best, leaving the request for feedback up to the buyer/seller. Please.

Some great Dvd's --->
    Here

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have to agree.

Feedback is an optional feature and should be left to the seller/buyer to ask for it if they want. eBid sending auto reminders is annoying and giving the wrong impression.

I sell/buy - receive/pay - ship/receive - smooth transaction - done.
    I achieved what I want, that is the main purpose for me on eBid.

I never ask for feedback and I always leave feedback promptly. But if I receive it, then it's a bonus and testament of my transaction.

Let me decide the feedback situation, not eBid.

Thank you

x

Thread Information