eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Gazza ...major flaws in this 'feedback request' system...

Unfortunately from ebids point of view I have "lost" 4 customers (that I know of) due to them being asked to leave feedback (in one case before the item arrived) they found it insulting to be asked to do so. therefore where as it may make ebid "look" busy it is actually having the reverse effect and ebid are losing customers... even the Bay dont do that

Fortunately for me they joined another site I am on and buy from me there.... where they are not hassled to leave feedback.

Luckily it is ebids loss not mine...
    Last edited by somersethedge; 3rd August 2009 at 09:07 PM.

View KIRSTRICH's Feedback (+63)
    All-About KIRSTRICH
    View KIRSTRICH's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree with all the above

I have a newbie buyer who joined just to purchase from me. He hasn't left feedback yet and may decide not to - as is his right.

He bought 6 items so I'm guessing he will get 6 'reminders' and may well decide to leave me 6 negs for the hassle he's had

I thought about contacting him to let him know about the reminders, but then he might think I'm hounding him for the feedback so there I am with the possibility of 6 negs again...

View Barrattess's Feedback (+2717)
    All-About Barrattess
    View Barrattess's Listings
    Forum Posts

...Hi all..
    ....thanks for your comments....actually Hazel...now that you mention it...the email this morning did not say request...it said...FEEDBACK REQUIRED! ...

...mmmm

...not a happy bunny!

Have a click...You know you want to...

Quote Originally Posted by JudesNiceThings View Post
    I agree with all the above - if I'm that desperate for feedback, then surely I can ask for it myself?
    Anyway - I didn't think it was compulsory - if not, then why are admin 'interfering' with it?
    I meant feedback wasn't compulsory - not requests! LOL
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

First off.... I do NOT believe in Feedback.... but be it as it may, Feedback is a VITAL part of Public Online Auctions.
    Feebay started it and users have ruined it.
    Me? I would blackball anyone who does not leave me feedback after.. if needed I request it.
    I do NOT need business from folk who do not care, period.

View banrigh's Feedback (+2949)
    All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree with everyone..feedback is nice and I leave it as soon as I ship out and as soon as I receive an item. Making it required is another thing and although I have had no complaints I wish I could opt out of it altogether.
    eBid could get around this and send out emails to new customers in the way of a survey and mentioning feedback..not demanding it.
    For the few that might actually fill out a survey, it would give them some actual feedback on the site from a different perspective.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View lofty100e's Feedback (+74)
    All-About lofty100e
    View lofty100e's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree this idea is totally crazy to me and very counterproductive, it should be the seller's perogative to chase up feedback if and when they choose to.
    To view my listings: click here: www.loftys-stores.com

To join eBid click this link: http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/253503

View maroy41's Feedback (+1089)
    All-About maroy41
    View maroy41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Maybe if we keep bumping this thread, the boyz will take notice to everybody's experience's with unhappy buyers and their reactions to these automatic reminders since this was introduced.
    Great books reasonable prices please click on the logo below and browse around I have quite a selection for you to choose from.

Some great Dvd's --->
    Here

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

I understand that its important for new sellers to build theirs and that some sellers see it as an important part of their business.

Personally I don't worry too much about feedback. That's because I have reached a good number thats enough to show potential buyers that I am reliable and honest...and as I am not a business its nice to recieve but not the end of the world if I don't.

I sometimes send a feedback reminder myself after a while if it looks like the auction is going to fall off the end of the feedback page...otherwise I don't hassle a buyer.

What I object to is the fact that eBid have decided to email my buyers, without my permission about something I consider optional and a gesture of goodwill on the part of the buyer
    I hate the idea that my buyers are recieving emails about feedback that look like they are from me...

Can I add, as a seller I leave feedback for my buyers as soon as they have paid ( or as soon after as I can manage), something I also consider as optional and a gesture of goodwill on my part.

View maroy41's Feedback (+1089)
    All-About maroy41
    View maroy41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stitchysyl View Post
    I understand that its important for new sellers to build theirs and that some sellers see it as an important part of their business.

Personally I don't worry too much about feedback. That's because I have reached a good number thats enough to show potential buyers that I am reliable and honest...and as I am not a business its nice to recieve but not the end of the world if I don't.

I sometimes send a feedback reminder myself after a while if it looks like the auction is going to fall off the end of the feedback page...otherwise I don't hassle a buyer.

What I object to is the fact that eBid have decided to email my buyers, without my permission about something I consider optional and a gesture of goodwill on the part of the buyer
    I hate the idea that my buyers are recieving emails about feedback that look like they are from me...

Can I add, as a seller I leave feedback for my buyers as soon as they have paid ( or as soon after as I can manage), something I also consider as optional and a gesture of goodwill on my part.
    My sentiments exactly, I do wish the boyz would reconsider, this automatic request could be damaging to ebid's friendly image in the long run......or maybe less than that.
    Great books reasonable prices please click on the logo below and browse around I have quite a selection for you to choose from.

Some great Dvd's --->
    Here

Thread Information