eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Gazza ...major flaws in this 'feedback request' system...

Quote Originally Posted by Barrattess View Post
    Nope…sorry folks…changed my mind…a woman’s prerogative don’t ya know…

Ok….it has been suggested that we ‘let this one lie’…why?
    It is a simple request and it has a simple answer…make ‘feedback required’ an option. As stated in my opening letter, it would serve us all better if this was a service that you could ‘opt into’ instead of leaving it to chance that your buyer, be it a first time buyer or a regular, has ticked all the right boxes and is not going to be hassled (my opinion only ;-) into leaving good, bad or indifferent feedback.
    Other people have made the same suggestion so it seems a popular compromise.

As was also pointed out, if you have regular buyers who buy more than one item at a time and maybe delay paying for items till the end/beginning of the month, it is a little annoying, to say the least, to then have to apologise for the buyer receiving this ‘request’ before they have even received their items.
    It has been said that most people would not have a problem being asked for feedback via email but then there are cases recorded here where that is clearly not true. Personally, it is of little importance to me whether the other recipient minds or not…I do! I mind that my name is on those emails requesting feedback.
    May I respectfully request that if this is to stay…then can you at least not use my name on your auto emails…

Thanks again for your time.
    According to Gazza back in March your name would not be on the reminder.
    http://meetup.ebid.net/showpost.php?...8&postcount=35

I've not yet had a problem with it so have no idea what one is like. Saying that I have had new buyers ask for immediate feedback once they had paid. As these are also new sellers I assume they wanted to get their feedback up quickly to use some of the features of the site that are not available to zero feedback sellers.
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by somersethedge View Post
    ...so I get 3 emails, one after another, from ebid "requesting" feedback... one for each sale...
    Any chance of seeing one of these chasers? You can surely spare one if you have three.

I suspect that many putting forward views here do not know exactly what it is they expressing views on. That includes me as I have never seen one of the chaser emails.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Any chance of seeing one of these chasers? You can surely spare one if you have three.

I suspect that many putting forward views here do not know exactly what it is they expressing views on. That includes me as I have never seen one of the chaser emails.
    Today I've bought something from Somers and we've agreed not to swap feedback until we get chased, so we can see for sure what the latest version is (since ebid haven't replied to my request for the text yet). When I have news, I'll post it. In theory this should take 30 days, in practice, we'll see!

As usual... I seem to be lagging behind everyone and had not noticed this change to the feedback system. I was not aware an automatic request was sent.... I'm not too keen on that idea at all.

Whilst it's nice to receive feedback and in the past if I was any missing I would send a request, but only the one, and then after about 2 weeks of a sale and if there was no repsonse I would respect the buyers wish not to leave feedback and not ask again.

I tend to look on feedback, as much as anything, that I know that the item had been safely delivered... it's nice if a buyer says more but I am happy just to know a parcel has reached its destination.

Sue

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Today I've bought something from Somers and we've agreed not to swap feedback until we get chased,

well it's one way to get a sale

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Just because this site is not perfect (neither is anywhere else) doesn't mean I'm going to bail out and move elsewhere. Far from it, I'm staying the course and watch eBid evolve.

Many discussions and polls have been created to request enhancements or to find out member's opinions. And many times, management did not step in seeming to not care, and many times we were surprised with requested updates by them without warning.

eBid do listen and are watching our discussions. Just because they don't always make an appearance on any given thread doesn't mean they don't care.

x
    I agree. We are not little children who need every temper tantrum calmed, but sellers who are protecting their own businesses AND participating in ebid's growth. Some people forget this and when they do not get their way (always something that only improves THEIR business) they get angry and threaten to leave.

Someone has to keep an eye on the prize and sellers who think of themselves first are not the best people to be giving advice on changing ebid.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Three axioms that may be apposite to this thread...

• Learn to pick your battles.
    • He who fights and runs away lives to fight another day.
    • Softly, softly catchee monkey.

...or not.

Of course we could always warn newbie buyers if and when we receive one, that if they do not wish to be badger with certain emails, that it would be wise for them to edit their email as a standard helpful proceedure.
    It could be listed as helpful hints and tips after welcoming them to Ebid and thanking them for their custom. I think that would be a nice gesture to new customers who do not know their way around the site.
    PLJ

Store open again
    For Portraits in Pastels, Watercolour and Graphite Pencil.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Sweet-Smel...cess-Art-Store
    For beautiful hand made Greeting Cards
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Little-Card-Shop
    For Collectors Dolls
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Little-Doll-Shop
    Quality Secondhand Books
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Little-Book-Shop
    Fine Jewellery and Costume Jewellery
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/The-Little-Jewellery-Shop

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

The REQUIRED sounds rather bad
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

thanks for that terry....

so dispite what we have been told it does make it look like it came from the seller... if this is one that was sent from ebid themselves.... can you comfirm that it is an ebid generated email and not from the seller

Thread Information