eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Gazza ...major flaws in this 'feedback request' system...

"...Not that it makes any difference" well not until people vote with their feet that is
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    "...Not that it makes any difference" well not until people vote with their feet that is
    You're suggesting that we leave over this? Isn't that a bit extreme? If you just meant that buyers won't return, that's not the difference I was referring to. My point is that *our* consensus does not appear to affect ebid's decision.

No not suggetsing leaving, but both buyers and sellers may do so if issues are not addressed. This is evidenced by those leaving Greedbay, they are large enough that they presume they can ignore it. Ebid needs to retain everyone and cannot afford losses.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning folks...I must admit I have never had a request for F/B from eBid....I am waitng ( hoping ) for one just about 4 weeks....so as said no idea about these emails.......but I think it would be better if the seller or buyer sent the REQUEST..not eBid..........papa.

View Barrattess's Feedback (+2717)
    All-About Barrattess
    View Barrattess's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Really? I've followed the whole thread, and just read back through the last two pages as a reminder, and I don't get any such "consensus". I think *some* people think it's fine, a few of us think the wording's better than we feared but still are anti, and most people just want to be able to opt-out of having them sent. Not that it makes any difference.

.....'morning Kimbo, mmm...I didn't mean the subject as a whole as I still think that requesting feedback is purely at the sellers/buyers discretion ...but it would appear that the wording is not as offensive to most as it is to me.
    As stated before, it is a request for feedback..on my behalf.

Have a click...You know you want to...

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default me and my big mouth..they have done it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by papagran40 View Post
    Morning folks...I must admit I have never had a request for F/B from eBid....I am waitng ( hoping ) for one just about 4 weeks....so as said no idea about these emails.......but I think it would be better if the seller or buyer sent the REQUEST..not eBid..........papa.
    =================================================

well it has happened.....they have sent me a reminder....it is , as has been said , quite polite...BUT IT IS WRONG ...the feed back is something between the buyer and the seller ....not between eBid ...so , sorry eBid .... but if it aint broke , dont fix it ....papa.

I disagree, to a certain extent.

I don't mind ONE feedback reminder being sent a month after the transaction, IF it is clear that the reminder is being sent automatically by Ebid and not the seller, and if it is clear that no further reminder will be sent.

I get automatic reminders when I buy from "the big river" and another auction site and I don't take offence (at least, I always assumed they were automatic). Occasionally it was about an item I had ordered and not yet received (because of some delay, notified or otherwise) so it served as a reminder to me to contact the seller again and let them know that I was about to leave feedback so they'd better get their act together!

There have been musings on other threads here about how long a buyer should wait to leave neg feedback for a seller when an item isn't received (especially if seller not responding to queries). I would have thought waiting until the automatic reminder would be good, so long as it was within the PayPal/Ebid time limit for disputes. There could be a link to Ebid Support in the automatic reminder, with instructions on how to proceed if there has been a problem.

Check out our bargain craft supplies, including embroidery and cross-stitch

I almost skipped this thread, confident it would have been fixed by now. Gobsmacked to see it isn't.

"I don't mind ONE feedback reminder being sent a month..."

Yes, that, if it was carefully worded and clearly came from an automated system and showed options for buyer and for seller to opt out, yes that would be just about acceptable. Anything less is an outrage.

I do hope people will continue pestering about this.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yeah the guy didn't pay and deserves a neg or three

But can you at the very least change it to " FEEDBACK REQUESTED"?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

Thread Information