eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Winners of the YDC 68 & special announcement

View pearlygirl555's Feedback (+203)
    All-About pearlygirl555
    View pearlygirl555's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BabsnRay View Post
    I'm sure Conan & Lady will do their utmost to climb onto my lap and continue to help me with my typing / listing as they do now.
    Sounds like you'll get along swimmingly
    "You're a guest of nature.....so behave!"

Quote Originally Posted by pearlygirl555 View Post
    Sounds like you'll get along swimmingly

The way they type they're good at making my spelling mistakes look as if they were done deliberately
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Shezz, I hope you'll still have time to bid!!
    And Hallo! to the new boss: babs (never mind ray)

Forum Lurker
    Only One, Dumfries and Galloway, United Kingdom
    View Annes_Nostalgia's Feedback (+388)
    All-About Annes_Nostalgia
    View Annes_Nostalgia's Listings
    Forum Posts

At the risk of appearing really out-of-touch [stupid] . . . please explain the format of the YDC auctions. Although I have been a member for a while, and I did enter last month, but was really not quite sure of how to go about it. I have looked through quite a few threads but don't have a clear picture of it all.I see there is a post "The next YDC is for.." but last time there was a number [68] and I am not sure if this month is automatically "69"? Is there a routine around sending the money raised by me to ... who?I would love to continue participating - it is a wonderful idea. Please point me in the right direction someone!!!!!

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Annes_Nostalgia View Post
    At the risk of appearing really out-of-touch [stupid] . . . please explain the format of the YDC auctions. Although I have been a member for a while, and I did enter last month, but was really not quite sure of how to go about it. I have looked through quite a few threads but don't have a clear picture of it all.I see there is a post "The next YDC is for.." but last time there was a number [68] and I am not sure if this month is automatically "69"? Is there a routine around sending the money raised by me to ... who?I would love to continue participating - it is a wonderful idea. Please point me in the right direction someone!!!!!

The number is just a continuous number that shows how long the ydc has been running it started off on 1 and is now at 69,

70 months, wow nearly 6 years
    Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View maroy41's Feedback (+1089)
    All-About maroy41
    View maroy41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Aw Shezz, you've done a great job, hope you will still be around tho'.
    Boss Babs, you will do the YDC as fine as you do everything else.
    Great books reasonable prices please click on the logo below and browse around I have quite a selection for you to choose from.

Some great Dvd's --->
    Here

View shezz's Feedback (+360)
    All-About shezz
    View shezz's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanksyou all

I will still be around and will be on hand for babs is she ever needs me,

Thankyou
    Life is serious but taking it too seriously robs you of
    happiness, fun and productivity

Thanks to shezz for all your hard work and your help with my first YDC auctions.

Now we look forward to a new (and equally successful) era with Boss Babs....

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

[creaky, quavery voice]

Ah, I remember back in the old days when I was a sprout here, Shezz was so kind and helpful to me. She gave fast, clear help when help was needed, and this enabled my small contributions to YDC campaigns so the ripples continue...

...Thank you both, Shezz and Babs for doing the heavy lifting in eBid's generous YDC process. It would seem the monthly YDC moneys are a large percentage of total eBid sales proceeds, compared to all other online selling venues, and certainly because of the kind help of forum stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Annes_Nostalgia View Post

The number changes every month - so next month (Aug) will be 69, Sept 70, Oct 71 etc. The only gap is December where there isn't a YDC, although this year there is a special auction where the christmas quilt will be auctioned for charity. This thread has all the info. http://meetup.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=118709

Take a peek at this lens that I've written - http://www.squidoo.com/ebid-charity-auctions
    it gives the background, rules and an overview of what happens. If you have any more queries, please don't hesitate to drop me a line.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Thread Information