Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

Unhappy We need to know what the problem is

I've just got this email:

Hi Vonz,

eBid has a set of rules that should be adhered to when listing auctions. It has come to our attention that you may have listed an auction that was not in accordance with these rules.

Offence : Auctions MUST be placed in a relevant category.

Relevant auction(s) have been removed.

Your account has not been placed on Hold but repeating the infringement will result in your account being reviewed.

To view the eBid Posting Rules please visit our Helpdesk > Selling FAQ.

Best Wishes
    eBid Support Team

Now to the best of my knowledge, I have NEVER put an auction in the wrong category (but ok, i'm open to mistakes like everyone else )

How on earth am I supposed to put something right If I don't know what has been "removed"??

Is it possible to have any "offending" auctions moved to a seperate folder? We already have "sold", "unsold"......could we have "corrections" as well please?

Well, whatever it / they was/were.........they'll stay unlisted.....I don't have time to play Miss Marple

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Agreed...the email notifies should either list the auction(s) i.d.'s so you can correct the problem, or as you have suggested, have a folder in My eBid where they are placed.

Gosh - that email is rather strongly worded - I can understand that being sent to someone who is really taking the Michael with loads of wrongly placed auctions - but seems a bit strong for an occasional error. Especially if you aren't told which one was wrong - with over 900 listings I would be hard pressed to know which one had been closed without a clue or two!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Better information when listings were ended was one of the things that got lots of backing on the "what changes do you want" type poll a while ago. I really did think that the situation had been improved a little, since for a while it seemed that the ended listings were being put in closed rather than just removed.

It's looking like it was a false dawn! I'm all for them making a good job of policing the site and getting the listings right... but they've got to do a better job of keeping the seller informed!

While you don't have a clue: the one they seem to feel most strongly about is adult items, so if you had anything that could even slightly be considered adult, take a look and see if that's still there.

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

Agreed,badly worded e-mail.Refugees from the other side will feel they're still there getting e-mails like that.

I agree Yvonne. Not only should you be told what the item was but it would be helpful to have some indication as to which category it should have been placed in.

Some sellers might list things in a category which they think is appropriate whereas there could be a much better alternative to use.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    I agree Yvonne. Not only should you be told what the item was but it would be helpful to have some indication as to which category it should have been placed in.

Some sellers might list things in a category which they think is appropriate whereas there could be a much better alternative to use.
    That might require more human intervention than is justified. If you say to somebody an item is in the wrong place, and you tell them which item and put it into their closed folder, it should be easy enough for them to take a look themselves - and the message can be a standard one that pulls in automatic information with little human activity required. On the rare occasions when the seller can't see the solution, then they can ask. To get ebid to put a suggestion of where it should go into every message would waste valuable resources I think.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    That might require more human intervention than is justified. If you say to somebody an item is in the wrong place, and you tell them which item and put it into their closed folder, it should be easy enough for them to take a look themselves - and the message can be a standard one that pulls in automatic information with little human activity required. On the rare occasions when the seller can't see the solution, then they can ask. To get ebid to put a suggestion of where it should go into every message would waste valuable resources I think.

Only so much time I guess. The automatic system takes care of the accidential doubles, a person has to do the rest when there is a complaint. Easier to send generic email, delete it, than put listing in special folder to save it, send personalized email, etc.

But seems to me we used to get a title of what they pulled up until a few months ago. Maybe all the wrong ones have overwhelmed the group and the generic email has just been implemented?

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I'd do it for a little fee my rates are very reasonable !

Chester - Le - Street, Durham, United Kingdom
    View Armstrongs's Feedback (+1436)
    All-About Armstrongs
    View Armstrongs's Listings
    Forum Posts

I suspect the offending auction may have been one of my re-posts

But only because a sub category has been added after the original posting so, hey presto...it's in the wrong category!

With categories & sub-categories being added left, right & centre......it's gonna happen to more and more folks.

Again, i'm only guessing........so I stand by my request for a "corrections" folder!

As to the feasibility of this, I don't know....I don't do technical, but.... i've got a Masters degree in common sense

Yvonne x

Look here for Crafty Bits

Find the Beamish Bazaar here!

I'M A YDC SUPPORTER!
    Find eBid's monthly charity auctions HERE on the 24th!

Thread Information