My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Listings are on the rise!!!

I completely agree delta. For example there were no thundercats figures or DC Super Powers on here until i listed a couple and i will be listing more in the future. It's a diverse range of items that will make people want to keep visiting this site. A diverse range of items will also crop up on the google search engines and potentially draw people in.

There are 2 other succesful eb*y alternative sites but they are mainly aimed at the U.S whilst ebid is going global (for example the addition of eBid-italy recently). I have been using those 2 other sites to advertise eBid and draw new customers here.

Keep those listings coming.

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    Well only listing only one item is not appealing to a wide market so I suggest you list more, that way you are more likely to make some sales. If you don't make the effort to list something it will never sell because it isn't there, I know that's stating the obvious, but you do need to list items to at least have a chance of selling. I'd buy your canvases but your high postage cost makes it too expensive I'm afraid.
    Exactly. In this new venue you need to make an effort or you will not sell. That means:

1. have stuff to sell. Lots of stuff. Nice variety, nice prices, nice selection.
    2. Look at your postage. Just charge what it costs to ship, do not double or triple it. Take time to know postal rates, various options and use best one for the items. Give buyers a good shipping price, and they will buy.
    3. Tell us who you are. Fill out bio page, add a photo, put a little personal stuff in listing too (i.e. where do you get your items?).
    4. contact all your past customers, tell them you moved.
    5. advertise your ebid stores and ebid on your website
    6. do other advertising to get business (mailings, hand out flyers and info cards.

If you list and then do not get a nibble in a week or so, ask for help and someone will give you more suggestions. Many people seem to decide just to do nothing. This means you will sell very little here.

My sales are good now, two weekends ago I picked up almost 40 sales, and have had another 15 since then. People are stocking up for the upcoming holidays. If you want to get in on this, get your items in order, add gift items etc.

Not many book sales!
    http://us.four.ebid.net/stores/Second-Street-Books
    eBid Store Owner osceolabul [7]
    A Variety of Used Books

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by waynemanor1953 View Post
    Great idea Delta. We should ask everyone to spread this message across all the forums.
    And I don't know if we can go about it in an organized way. Gosh, I have boxes and boxes of stuff here to list, and could easily concentrate on this or that one. I am sure we all could look thru our stuff and list what ebid has less of. But who knows what people want?

Guess the best we can do is the scatter approach, list a dozen of this, a dozen of that, a bunch of unusual one of a kind things, and hope that the google net reels in the people looking for our unusual items.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by osceolabul View Post
    Not many book sales!

True, I think the weight puts lots of buyers off, especially international buyers. Has to be a VERY special book to tempt someone to pay $25+ in shipping costs (if it does not squeeze into a flat rate envelope). Nice in US to have Media Mail, but it does not extend to our overseas sale (and am not sure the our UK friends have discounts for mailing books within UK from Royal Mail which might also mean fewer book sales there).

Knowing this, I usually will only buy books by the case if I get a good deal and if selling just a few from the lot will pay for all of the books. i.e. I bought 3 cases of doll collector books, sold about 3, which essentially covered what I paid for them. Now the rest can sit in my ebid stores, and any other sales will be gravy.

I have noticed that my smaller "books" do sell well here and overseas. These are the vintage advertising books handed out free in 1920s 1930s etc, with recipes for baking with Gold Metal flour, etc. They are soft cover, do not weight much, and I sell those in US and inter'l very well. So weight does matter.

Holding a sale helps, I bite the bullet and offer free shipping on second items plus 25% off 2nd item and 30% all others on all of my items. Works well, I have run the same sale under different names since January, so while I have to pay a little of the postage, I sell more items (and note, if they buy just one item, they get no discount).

Hopefully if we enlarge our book selection we can be known as the place to get a huge variety of books. We have talked about this before.

LOL

Don't know where any of us are going to find over 30 million items to list.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubysafira View Post
    LOL

Don't know where any of us are going to find over 30 million items to list.
    Oh, they are faking their numbers again, it was only 20 million for months and now it jumped up to 30? Sure!

I figure as they fall in numbers and we rise, we will meet and match them somewhere in middle. We did add this last 500,000 right quick, wasn't it 6 weeks or so?

Opps, I stand corrected, feebay has 34,000,000 as of today according to powersellersunite.com. Says it is down something like 250,000 and represents a negative growth. Looks odd that the numbers are jumping around like that. In past feebay has included store inventory, excluded store inventory which affects numbers. Why a big jump now, yet shows negative growth?
    Last edited by deltadelta48; 26th October 2009 at 05:43 AM.

Forum Newbie
    All-About Bebe_at_home
    View Bebe_at_home's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well, I'm another refugee from ebay and I've only been on this site for 5 days, but I have to say I already feel part of the ebid "family". I had a bit of a problem with how to launch my store, posted a plea for help on the forum and got a reply within a few minutes. That just does not happen on ebay! I'm now doing as suggested in this thread and am contacting my previous customers to tell them about ebid - I had a feedback rating of over 1100 so it's going to take a while!

Quote Originally Posted by Bebe_at_home View Post
    Well, I'm another refugee from ebay and I've only been on this site for 5 days, but I have to say I already feel part of the ebid "family". I had a bit of a problem with how to launch my store, posted a plea for help on the forum and got a reply within a few minutes. That just does not happen on ebay! I'm now doing as suggested in this thread and am contacting my previous customers to tell them about ebid - I had a feedback rating of over 1100 so it's going to take a while!

Hi Bebe, it will come, I have been here just over a year and my sales are starting to get to what they were on the other side. Have finally stopped listing over there.

I print a packing slip to post with some of my other items that may be of interest to the buyer, several are now regular buyers on here.

As you say we are a pretty friendly bunch over here. Take a look at the Kitchen Table for lots of advice on all kinds of subjects and just general chit chat.

Finally welcome to eBid and good luck with your shop.

Cheers Mel

Thread Information