Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: An Opportunity.....

View klj's Feedback (+3320)
    All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think eBid is ideally suited for booksellers, primarily due to the shops. If you find a bookseller you like, it is so easy to get into their shop and use their subcategories to find your favourites. Especially those sellers using signed, first editions, or other 'special' features to group their books. Excellent for collectors.
    I would also like to see more of the new books sellers though, as I always have a reading list of new books I'm looking for!

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    The more booksellers, the better! I'd love to see ebid become the first place people look for a hard-to-find book.
    Actually, you might be on to something there.

Remember a small provincial town on the Welsh border, called Hay-on-Wye ?

It was dying a slow death until someone had the brainwave of making it what was effectively the World's biggest bookshop. Now the crowds flock in, there's literature festivals, the whole lot. And visitors, although primarily there for the books, also buy other stuff.

Think of ebid as Hay-on-Wye. Maybe if a decision was made [at the highest level, I mean] to advertise the books aspect, with a view of targeting book BUYERS everywhere [book sellers will find there way here anyway - as I did - because we NEED to find new markets. Most buyers wont bother to search around beyond *bay, without a push].

So turn eBid into the books capital of the internet and make every effort to drag in book buyers, who are also people who will buy other stuff that they might otherwise have got on other sites.

Just an idea.

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrobertsandbooks View Post
    All I want is to make aliving but all I seem to be doing is not making enough to pay everyone else's fees,rates etc.

Don't you just hate that feeling that yer walking around and theres lots of greedy B******S got their grubby hands in yer pockets - swarming round like fat blowflies!

I love a good whinge me

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BookZoneOnline View Post

I love a good whinge me
    Understandable, coming from Hartlepool.

PS: Any good books about monkeys ?

Forum Saint
    All-About Pink_Panther
    Forum Posts

I am staying with Eby as long as I can so that I can capture customer email addys from paypal notifications. I then send em the following email:

BOOK-ZONE- ONLINE
    IS MOVING TO EBID!
    Dear, customer,
    Due to recent policy changes at ebay (compulsary free post option) I feel that I will no longer be able to offer the same level of service to my customers as I have in the past.
    It is for this reason I have begun to move my stock over to ebid. It is a move many sellers of media products are making.
    Please feel free to look in on my new store on ebid. You will be very welcome & you will find even better bargains as I don't have anywhere near the same overheads as I do with ebay.

You may also want to have a look at the Ebid site itself!
    As a seller plus account holder I can (& do) have five online stores for FREE! & my seller fees are nil! for life!
    You can check it all out by clicking the link below.

Best Regards Don
    I put the link in manually at the moment.

I'll still carry on sending emails after sept 1st as I sell other stuff there - I need the bookbuyers - and I do have repeat buyers! (DRAG EM OVER IF I HAVE TO!)

Forum Saint
    All-About Pink_Panther
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsheadbooks View Post
    Understandable, coming from Hartlepool.

PS: Any good books about monkeys ?

Tut tut! Shouldn't make assumptions! I aint from Hartlepool!

An I dont whinge about 'Nothing' Gotta have a reason to get on me high horse and start blazing away wiv me sixgun!
    Oh an the Monkey thing! - Theres a cheeky one on this thread lol
    Last edited by BookZoneOnline; 7th August 2009 at 07:25 PM. Reason: spelling

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by wizbooks View Post
    I do that all the time but have only had one buyer come across (that I know of) although another one was going to check it out.

Only one!! That is great. If each new seller brought "only one" we would have thousands of new buyers. Not bad at all. Keep asking them, and offer them a discount or a sale if they come over.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BookZoneOnline View Post
    I am staying with Eby as long as I can so that I can capture customer email addys from paypal notifications. I then send em the following email:

BOOK-ZONE- ONLINE
    IS MOVING TO EBID!

Dear, customer,
    Due to recent policy changes at ebay (compulsary free post option) I feel that I will no longer be able to offer the same level of service to my customers as I have in the past.
    It is for this reason I have begun to move my stock over to ebid. It is a move many sellers of media products are making.
    Please feel free to look in on my new store on ebid. You will be very welcome & you will find even better bargains as I don't have anywhere near the same overheads as I do with ebay.

You may also want to have a look at the Ebid site itself!
    As a seller plus account holder I can (& do) have five online stores for FREE! & my seller fees are nil! for life!
    You can check it all out by clicking the link below.

Best Regards Don
    I put the link in manually at the moment.

I'll still carry on sending emails after sept 1st as I sell other stuff there - I need the bookbuyers - and I do have repeat buyers! (DRAG EM OVER IF I HAVE TO!)

Excellent!! Very sharp and to the point. Make sure to put ebid.net on everything, I accidently told people to go to ebid.com, which does not exist, so be specific about that part.

I love my repeat buyers too. I give free shipping on second items so get many people buying two or more. Every month I run a sale that discounts 2nd items 25% and 3rd, 4th etc 30% and give shipping discount so get lots of people buying more items.

Welcome to ebid you will like it here. If you have any questions, just ask and we would be glad to help.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsheadbooks View Post
    Actually, you might be on to something there.

Remember a small provincial town on the Welsh border, called Hay-on-Wye ?

It was dying a slow death until someone had the brainwave of making it what was effectively the World's biggest bookshop. Now the crowds flock in, there's literature festivals, the whole lot. And visitors, although primarily there for the books, also buy other stuff.

Think of ebid as Hay-on-Wye. Maybe if a decision was made [at the highest level, I mean] to advertise the books aspect, with a view of targeting book BUYERS everywhere [book sellers will find there way here anyway - as I did - because we NEED to find new markets. Most buyers wont bother to search around beyond *bay, without a push].

So turn eBid into the books capital of the internet and make every effort to drag in book buyers, who are also people who will buy other stuff that they might otherwise have got on other sites.

Just an idea.
    Love that idea. I always grab the vintage cookbooks and advertising cookbooks when buying my vintage linens. Have tons of them that I have not put on yet, but will shortly. Amazon does offer books, but it is soooo impersonal and does not encourage sellers to add details or better descriptions so it is not as fun to shop there. I think if we gave better customer service, provided a huge variety of books and make it fun to shop your idea would be a go.

Find a need and fill it.

Forum Saint
    All-About Pink_Panther
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Excellent!! Very sharp and to the point. Make sure to put ebid.net on everything, I accidently told people to go to ebid.com, which does not exist, so be specific about that part.

I love my repeat buyers too. I give free shipping on second items so get many people buying two or more. Every month I run a sale that discounts 2nd items 25% and 3rd, 4th etc 30% and give shipping discount so get lots of people buying more items.

Welcome to ebid you will like it here. If you have any questions, just ask and we would be glad to help.

Your help n advice would be appreciated!
    As you probably know I havn't been on this site very long.

(Steep learning curve - Don't know wether to tell the forum or Huston that I have a problem)

Thing is; I just googled my store name and got hits right on the top of page 1

I know - exact match will do that. but even with an inexact match I got onto page three! (just like topless models in one of our papers, call em page 3 girls)

There is on the forum a thread where you can promote yerself? So with the right keywords and content I could make it interesting enough for Googlers to click my URL? YES?

Thread Information