eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Another Happy eBidder

View pearlygirl555's Feedback (+203)
    All-About pearlygirl555
    View pearlygirl555's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Another Happy eBidder

Hi guys!

Just wanted to say "thank you" for researching the disputed store name (miscellania) and letting me know I could go ahead with opening it. I understand from the support ticket that someone had to actually research whether that name had been used or not. Well, it is taken now, and I have already added some listings there.
    "You're a guest of nature.....so behave!"

Good for you!

I had to change the name of one of my older stores, because someone new decided they wanted it for a username!
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Thanks heavens for that - someone with good happy news.

Glad they managed to sort it for you and that you've got listings in place already. All you need now are buyers
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

All-About pearlygirl555
    Forum Posts

When I came here almost 10 months ago, there was another USA member whose user name was the same thing my store name had been elsewhere. It worked out okay though, since we have concentrated on putting our regular store inventory here, so I was able to use "Elements of Rejuvenation" for the store.

The new one will have all the random stuff that we'd like to sell, but which we don't want to have in with our store inventory. I wanted to call it "miscellania" and was flabbergasted when it came up as "taken." But the night I tried to upload the logo, I was in Firefox as per usual and the logo would not load. I ended up canceling the store and then trying to reopen it in IE, the logo would load but the store name was taken. I suspected that I had just met myself coming and going, but when the system was updated, the name was still taken. Support had to check both the active and non-active stores to see whether or not "miscellania" was really spoken for, which took some time. Now I can list all this stuff that is perched on my desk and get the photos off my desktop, we just got a big shipment of regular inventory in so I will be shifting from one variety of chaos to another

View TexasAda's Feedback (+635)
    All-About TexasAda
    View TexasAda's Listings
    Forum Posts

What are chinks? I'm thinking something similar to chaps? Possibly you could include a photo of you wearing or using them?

All-About pearlygirl555
    Forum Posts

Why don't I send them to you, and we can get a photograph of you wearing and using them?

As we both seem to be camera shy, I can send them out to wyocowgirl and she can be the babe, the chinks are native to her home state so that arrangement strikes me as "no more'n right." I'm showing off a little Iowa vernacular there, recently added to my collection I actually have some full chaps that she could model too, also from Wyoming.....

I don't know why they call them "chinks" and I hope it has nothing to do with a racial slur, but they are indeed a half-chap sort of thing. I mainly rode English hunter-jumpers, and what we call half-chaps cover the lower leg. The chinks give coverage to the upper leg, but the lovely long fringe hangs down across the top of the calf when mounted. When walking, the fringe is a nightmare The whole garment is really, since chinks aren't fitted as English chaps are.

I can hardly wait for an ebid crossword puzzle with all these interesting words and phrases that we are learning from each other!

Never heard of chinks, but in Wisconsin we got just the Harley Davidson factory and lots of cows. Learn something new everyday.

All-About pearlygirl555
    Forum Posts

We could add "Schlitz" and "Pabst" to the crossword puzzle too, since those are exotic names in other parts of the world

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Crossword puzzle?? I have missed something again?

All-About pearlygirl555
    Forum Posts

No Meebo, you are witnessing the germination of an idea that Delta has just shared with us

Thread Information