Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Import Cd's opinions

Default Import Cd's opinions

Just come across some import CD's

So I googled them as you do and found that some are higher than normal price wise, others are what you would expect to pay.

Now with some I have the original labels on the case, I also have the original till receipt dating some 13+ years ago

Now can/does the till receipt increase the value even more or not?
    Am I right in putting the word import in the title?

So many are imported as countries seem to trade them back and forth and many of us are interested in world/international music so we buy unusual things. Not sure it is important or not.

I do not sell CDs but vintage linens and other vintage things. The price paid is usually a good laugh but it does not effect what it is worth now. Many so called collector's plates sold for $75 new and now are worth $2 at auction. No one wants them as too many were made. Some increased in value, but it is an individual thing, not across the board.

Research is needed. Get ballpark price via ebid or a music site. Find as many as you can on each CD, prices, dates, how the title reads, and note they range from $1 to $10. Note any description about them, maybe if this particular CD was made in London in 1995, it is worth more than the one from New York 1999. That is what you need. You can use this info in your description but make sure you are talking about the exact same item.

If I see prices in a range when researching, I usually will price a bit under the half way mark. ie. most sell for $9.99 but some to $14.99, I might price it at $10.99 or $11.99 in order to sell it fast. IF you only paid $1 for it, yippee, then you might be able to list at $6.99 and still make a bit, it will sell faster. Or price the rare ones higher they may sit a while, and price the ho-hum stuff really low to clean it out fast. You will make the price of what you paid for the whole lot if you hold out for a higher price on the good ones.

Do your research well, and it will answer all of your questions as there is a lot of CDs out there.

With anything, I like to give as much info as possible. I would include what I look for when I buy a CD. Maybe a little blurb about the group, where it was recorded, who published it and where, what year, and what songs are on the disk. I would also list if it looks mint or has scratches on the case, marks on the papers, etc. People don't like surprises and want to know what kind of shape it is in.

good luck

Thread Information