eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Lets help each other out

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've tried using the wanteds from both the seller and buyer point of view, and found them useless for both, I'm afraid. I much prefer to do the wanted thing in here; it's far more effective.

Forum Saint
    View FairMaiden's Feedback (+600)
    All-About FairMaiden
    View FairMaiden's Listings
    Forum Posts

[quote=JudesNiceThings;1019378]I was looking for Victorian souvenir china - I have a large collection - but there is no such category - in fact there isn't really an antiques category for china or glass, as far as I can see.

Jude, I have two Cornish souvenier items and a souvenier lustre boot in my Antiques and Collectables store And I am open to offers

Quote Originally Posted by Cocksparrer View Post
    Wow psychic lol havent told you what eddings books I have. Anyhow I do have some alan dean foster books probally about 4 or 5 id have to have a look.
    We have a personal collection of books which must be coming upto around 2000.
    If I like an author I buy all their books which is how I know I have all the Eddings. I keep an eye on their websites and fantasticfiction as well, so I have an idea of when a new novel is coming out.
    Hadn't realised that David Eddings had died earlier this month, so there won't be anymore of his to buy.
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I've tried using the wanteds from both the seller and buyer point of view, and found them useless for both, I'm afraid. I much prefer to do the wanted thing in here; it's far more effective.

I've used the wanted ads and had about half a dozen wanteds in there at one time and not one reply. I do also browse the wanteds from time to time to see if I can 'fill a hole' so to speak, and have replied to some. The only time when a success can be claimed was when the poster of the wanted ad was a forum member.

I've had quite a few sales from responding to members starting 'does anybody have?' threads and by chatting in here and a wanted something comes up in conversation.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Forum Saint
    All-About FairMaiden
    Forum Posts

[quote=wizbooks;1019620]If I like an author I buy all their books which is how I know I have all the Eddings. ]

Ive started to do that. Discovered I like Neil Cross and Lesley Glaister

Quote Originally Posted by pearlygirl555 View Post
    I used to have a bunch of wooden beads like that, I'll keep an eye out as I go through my storage trailers.

A thread like this might not be the worst thing we could do every month or so. A person's projects change and it would be handy to have these little requests together in one area that is not the Wanted board. I search through that by category but where I would place something is not necessarily where the wanter has placed it.
    That would be great.
    They used to be easy to get in the 70s when macramé was fashionable, which is what I need them for.
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wizbooks View Post
    I'm always looking for science fiction and fantasy books.

I only have a few, but what I have I've listed in case there's anything to your taste.

View pearlygirl555's Feedback (+203)
    All-About pearlygirl555
    View pearlygirl555's Listings
    Forum Posts

I started a thread like this a few months back but got hardly any response

I'm sure it was nothing personal

As the weather is so oppressive here and this is a slow time of year for us, I'm able to poke around the computer more. Things will pick up again in my real world and I'll go back to missing more of the virtual one.

That was why I thought it might be a good idea to have this sort of thread pop up every once in a while
    "You're a guest of nature.....so behave!"

Forum Saint
    All-About FairMaiden
    Forum Posts

[quote=pearlygirl555;1019785]I started a thread like this a few months back but got hardly any response

I'm sure it was nothing personal

As the weather is so oppressive here and this is a slow time of year for us, I'm able to poke around the computer more. Things will pick up again in my real world and I'll go back to missing more of the virtual one.

I keep TRYING to leave the computer but every time I attempt something its so tiring cos of the heat - think Im going to be posting constantly for the next week you lucky, lucky people

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

i am looking for a Perthshire glass vase...its a pressie for someone..anyone got any lying around ?

Thread Information