eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Deserter Here

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    Doesnt show any of that on mine.
    Are you saying that it doesn't show that on your e*bay site?

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    I had a look and couldn't see anything anywhere on this.
    Ken, Here is the link re: photos on e*bay.

http://pages.ebay.com/sell/July2009U...index.html#2-5

This is from the US site. Don't know if this change is going worldwide, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Forum Lurker
    View oaktreesports's Feedback (+151)
    All-About oaktreesports
    View oaktreesports's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theclotheshop View Post
    Hey Delta interesting site and read, I`ve just read this:

Starting on August 31st, eBay is going to institute a new policy where photos you upload to any listing are put into a "catalog" of online images that any eBay user can then use for their own listings. The default setting for this is opt-in, which is a problem if you, like me, consider your photographs your property and want to control how they are used and by whom. A copyright notice is posted with a link to your user profile, but no additional information is given, and the link is quite small.

Since the default setting is opt-in, and eBay has not sent messages out about this, a lot of people are going to be caught flat-footed by this new policy.

Again, the default for this setting is YES, you have opted in. Meaning "Yes, I will allow eBay to make my photos available for anyone to use."

If you do not want eBay to make the photos you upload to all of your future auctions available to other users in a sort of catalog process, you need to go change your settings now, before August 31st. If you opt out after then, any photos you upload between the 31st and when you opt out will still be eligible for inclusion in their "catalog."

So if you don`t turn this off in your setting any photo will be placed in this cat for all to use. IMHO it`s not a clever move by Feebay. I much prefer how eBid Gallery works.
    Wow! So what will those Geniuses over there do next. I just logged in and changed my yes to a no. If I could sell knives here I wouldn't be over there at all. Thanks for the warning.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Nothing on the UK site about it. Likely normal feebay tactics...try to sneak something in gradually and hope nobody notices, or get the US to accept it and then insist everyone else falls into line.

They must have the biographies off all the great dictators through history lining the shelves at feebay HQ to provide inspiration.

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning folks , i have had several looks at this on the other site and I cannot find anything about pictures being shared ????...but it would not be the first time I had got things wrong.......papa.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I couldn't either, it can't have hit the U.K. yet.

Quote Originally Posted by kedo View Post
    I couldn't either, it can't have hit the U.K. yet.
    Here is the link re: photos on e*bay.

http://pages.ebay.com/sell/July2009U...index.html#2-5

This is from the US site. Don't know if this change is going worldwide, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did eventually.

Default Phil

In the last few months I have closed my two selling accounts on EBay (one with over 3500 pos FBs) as the "improvements" in the last two years have totally ruined a once good site.

Have been listing for some time now on Ebid but have had no sales and few hits.

I wonder of anyone on this board has ever sold anything on Ebid ?

Some eight years ago about 10% of my sales were on Ebid and about 15% on Yahoo Auctions (greatly missed) rest were on EBay.

Will still list on Ebid as it is free. Mention Ebid on the EBay boards and everyone holds up their hands in horror, "oh, ebid, NEVER" . This is from people who have never tried it, yet the same folk are always moaning about EBay. Missplaced loyalty, i suspect.

Phil ex holybusabay.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by holybusebid View Post
    Have been listing for some time now on Ebid but have had no sales and few hits.

I wonder of anyone on this board has ever sold anything on Ebid ?
    For the benefit of doubters I'll try again. Look here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/sellingonebid/ or you can look at my feedback. The photostream (which is still very much under construction) is better though I think.

Will keep trying, maybe this site will takle off now. It deserves it as it is rather like Ebay before the "improvements"...Phil

Thread Information