Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Deserter Here

View frollick's Feedback (+3156)
    All-About frollick
    View frollick's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have been tweeking my listings, but I can not remove the reserve,so I just adjust the bid price in relation to reserve,but my new listings will reflect what I have been taught here by you wonderful people. I do not have high expectations,but I do have the belief that the more the other side initiates there new seller hostile policies, the more this site will benefit,it is only logical, so patience is a virtue, I will take your advice,and will plug my listings in "plug your auctions" daily, thanks a bunch! now to keep an eye on my bidder ,LOL

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by frollick View Post
    Hello! I certainly do appreciate your input,as you know,I am new here actually,and I am trying to find my way,so do you feel I should drop the auction foramt,and just list buy it now? I do have a reserve,which of course is much lower than the buy it now price I do have on my listings, would appreciate your thoughts, and thanks for your time!
    Hi, I agree with Ruby, most of the time your item goes for first bid amount or if close to that price, the buy it now. So might as well put an acceptable starting bid on your stuff in first place.

If you leave the low first bid, buyers might just NOT bid at all, and may wait until you put a higher starting price or BIN on it (quite a change from feebay)! I have seen that happen.

No bidding wars here as Ruby says If two people are bidding on one of my linens, I have seen one drop out and starting bidding on a similiar item instead!

Some of those little tweeks that have to be made when switching from feebay to ebid!

Forum Lurker
    Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
    View theclotheshop's Feedback (+1)
    All-About theclotheshop
    View theclotheshop's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    I think that moves your items down in the search on ebid. Why not run for 7-10 days with auto repost for 10 times? That way your items will be at the start of a search as they end their first 7-day run, etc.
    Noted

Hey frolick,

I know how you`re feeling right now, coming over to such a different auction format is a little overwelming and these guys are great with help as you know.

My mate came around lastnight and after telling him that I was now on here he checked it out, he ran a few searches and then moaned saying that there isn`t much on here compared to Feebay and prefers the Feebay look.

He`s a pain anyway and I`m thinking of sacking his as a friend lol

View frollick's Feedback (+3156)
    All-About frollick
    View frollick's Listings
    Forum Posts

the help on the forums are a great help,and everyone really strives to help you along, a very warm welcome, and I do appreciate that! it is a big change ,here compared to the other,but I feel the future is much more brighter here,and it will take time,but I intend on listing here regardless, especially after the other side initiates there new policy of sept. 22, there has ot be a noticeable improvement in traffic, I have made a point to visit daily, the forums on the other side, and there is a revolt going on, keep an aye and ear in that direction. thank you for your reply!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by theclotheshop View Post
    Noted

Hey frolick,

I know how you`re feeling right now, coming over to such a different auction format is a little overwelming and these guys are great with help as you know.

My mate came around lastnight and after telling him that I was now on here he checked it out, he ran a few searches and then moaned saying that there isn`t much on here compared to Feebay and prefers the Feebay look.

He`s a pain anyway and I`m thinking of sacking his as a friend lol
    Ah friends, can't do with them,can't do without them! Save him,he will come around as a buyer and maybe a seller too!

Some categories are stuffed here (jewelry, electronics, music) and some have fewer items, depending on what you are looking for. Totals world wide I think are 5 million, more than any other competitive site. check out powersellersunite.com for daily totals and growth rates of each auction site. Very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Totals world wide I think are 5 million, more than any other competitive site. check out powersellersunite.com for daily totals and growth rates of each auction site. Very interesting.

The number that site shows doesn't move at all. Unless I should sign up as a member perhaps? I check it all the time and see all the other sites are updated but not ours. Don't know why that is.

Forum Lurker
    Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
    View theclotheshop's Feedback (+1)
    All-About theclotheshop
    View theclotheshop's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hey Delta interesting site and read, I`ve just read this:

Starting on August 31st, eBay is going to institute a new policy where photos you upload to any listing are put into a "catalog" of online images that any eBay user can then use for their own listings. The default setting for this is opt-in, which is a problem if you, like me, consider your photographs your property and want to control how they are used and by whom. A copyright notice is posted with a link to your user profile, but no additional information is given, and the link is quite small.

Since the default setting is opt-in, and eBay has not sent messages out about this, a lot of people are going to be caught flat-footed by this new policy.

Again, the default for this setting is YES, you have opted in. Meaning "Yes, I will allow eBay to make my photos available for anyone to use."

If you do not want eBay to make the photos you upload to all of your future auctions available to other users in a sort of catalog process, you need to go change your settings now, before August 31st. If you opt out after then, any photos you upload between the 31st and when you opt out will still be eligible for inclusion in their "catalog."

So if you don`t turn this off in your setting any photo will be placed in this cat for all to use. IMHO it`s not a clever move by Feebay. I much prefer how eBid Gallery works.

I had a look and couldn't see anything anywhere on this.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Starting on August 31st, eBay is going to institute a new policy where photos you upload to any listing are put into a "catalog" of online images that any eBay user can then use for their own listings. The default setting for this is opt-in, which is a problem if you, like me, consider your photographs your property and want to control how they are used and by whom. A copyright notice is posted with a link to your user profile, but no additional information is given, and the link is quite small.

Since the default setting is opt-in, and eBay has not sent messages out about this, a lot of people are going to be caught flat-footed by this new policy.

Again, the default for this setting is YES, you have opted in. Meaning "Yes, I will allow eBay to make my photos available for anyone to use."

If you do not want eBay to make the photos you upload to all of your future auctions available to other users in a sort of catalog process, you need to go change your settings now, before August 31st. If you opt out after then, any photos you upload between the 31st and when you opt out will still be eligible for inclusion in their "catalog."

So if you don`t turn this off in your setting any photo will be placed in this cat for all to use. IMHO it`s not a clever move by Feebay. I much prefer how eBid Gallery works.
    Thanks for the heads up on this new policy on the dark side. Indeed it's true. I just logged into my account over there, and sure enough under site preferences which is under my account, my preferences, 6th item down, is: Share your Photos - Consider photos I upload in the listing process for inclusion in the eBay product catalog and other product offerings.

So if you don't want to share your photos, you need to change this setting under your preferences over there.

Geez-o-pete, the inmates really are running the asylum. And here I thought it was just a quorum of mad scientists.
    Thanks for this. I had no idea.

Thread Information