Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Deserter Here

Quote Originally Posted by frollick View Post
    Hello! I certainly do appreciate your input,as you know,I am new here actually,and I am trying to find my way,so do you feel I should drop the auction foramt,and just list buy it now? I do have a reserve,which of course is much lower than the buy it now price I do have on my listings, would appreciate your thoughts, and thanks for your time!

Then why not make the reserve the starting price and keep the buy it now also, especially if the reserve price is the least amount you will accept for that item?

View frollick's Feedback (+3156)
    All-About frollick
    View frollick's Listings
    Forum Posts

I got it! all part of the learning process , I have to shake the old style of doing things with out a doubt,so I will reserve as my absolute lowest,and the BIN as what I would really like to realize, I do always strive to keep my prices down, I do appreciate your input and time!

No trouble at all Frollick. I've had to tweek my listings here too because there are people who still enjoy the bidding and those who just dive in and buy it for the set price listed. This way you get the best of both and leave the choice to the potential buyer. Ah, bidding wars ...I remember them well. LOL But there aren't too many that will happen here..at least for now.

All-About frollick
    View frollick's Listings
    Forum Posts

I really think i'm going to like it here! well, I certainly do feel more relaxed here than over there, is that a common feeling? the only stress, if you can call it that, is in the learning process, now off to tinker with any shipping issues,I have a feeling I have some to learn there too! thanks a bunch!

Another important part of quitting selling on the darkside, is also to stop buying there as well, if they aren't interested in small sellers why should we support them as small buyers!

Frollick you may find this thread helpful as you start on here as well http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showpost.ph...postcount=6223
    Just shout if you need help.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

I got it! all part of the learning process , I have to shake the old style of doing things with out a doubt,so I will reserve as my absolute lowest,and the BIN as what I would really like to realize, I do always strive to keep my prices down, I do appreciate your input and time!
    Not much bidding on this site, as others have mentioned. I think it will help your sales if you don't have reserves [per se] and do as others have suggested: list with the absolute lowest price you will accept for item and then do a BIN with what you would really like. Most people won't bother to bid to see what your reserve is.

As for run after first bid, I think that moves your items down in the search on ebid. Why not run for 7-10 days with auto repost for 10 times? That way your items will be at the start of a search as they end their first 7-day run, etc. Just a thought.

And, welcome to ebid.

All-About frollick
    View frollick's Listings
    Forum Posts

i'm getting the hang of it, I just posted two new listings, as to what you all have stated too me prior, I set the bid price too the lowest possible price I can accept,and the BIN at a price I would like, also since I signed for life time,I learned I can add additonal pictures up to 5 free, well, again, thank you all, your help and input is truly a nice touch!

I see you already have a bid on one of your items too! Way to go!

Yes it's very relaxed here. I'm so happy I joined!

All-About frollick
    View frollick's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have been to the forums on the dark side,much talk about the upcoming change to the buyer protection policy, and the stated statement as to how to close your account if you are in disagreement, I firmly believe ,where collectible sellers go, the collectible buyers will eventual follow,it is a matter of time,in any event, I am here,and I like it! I do have a bid don't I ?

I have been to the forums on the dark side,much talk about the upcoming change to the buyer protection policy, and the stated statement as to how to close your account if you are in disagreement, I firmly believe ,where collectible sellers go, the collectible buyers will eventual follow,it is a matter of time,in any event, I am here,and I like it! I do have a bid don't I ?

I do hope so. I haven't been here all that long but have seen quite a few that come over from fleabay and expect it to be just like it is over there as far as the sheer number of buyers. So they hang out for a few weeks or a few months, without doing anything really except listing their items and then become angry that their perfectly perfect items aren't selling. It takes more than that to make a sale here or at any of the other auction alternatives simply because they aren't fleabay. Fine tune your auctions, keep shipping within line of what the shipping carriers charge, plug your auctions in the 'plug your auction' thread once a day and spread the word.

And yes...you do have a bid.

Thread Information