My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Deserter Here

Hi Dean welcome to eBid grab yourself a read of this thread to help you get started.

http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showpost.ph...postcount=6223
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by theclotheshop View Post
    Hi,

Well I knew about eBid for many years but didn`t think it was a very busy place and when one is so used to using another site like Feebay you tent to stay with it.

Enough is enough, and after running many searches and researching for another action site, eBid was the one.

I signed up here with no problems but had to contact support regarding logging into the forums as I just couldn`t log in at all, I used 5 log in attempts and had to wait 15 mins, but your support was great and after following what was said I was logged in.

It`s very weird seeing people with signatures that advertise their sites/stores and the openness of the threads is very refreshing.

I have many products to move so I guess I need to run a test first and see how things go, but like many here I am sick and tired of Feebay and their Hitler Mentality.

Right time to go and check out eBids options and get to work on an advertisment.

Dean
    Hi Dean, and welcome to ebid! We know exactly what you mean! I bet you will see lots of familiar faces/signatures here as most of us are feebay refugees too! Come September, with promises of more changes to feebay, I suspect we will be plenty more.

Check out the past forums for tips on starting your selling faster.

Tell all your old customers where you moved and you will get those first sales super fast.

If you have any questions, just ask, someone is always on line to help you out.

Forum Lurker
    Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
    View theclotheshop's Feedback (+1)
    All-About theclotheshop
    View theclotheshop's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thanks Border for your kind comments, I`m working on the shop right now... starting over is hard going but is a good time to sort out the clutter.

Hey Ken thanks for the welcome and the link, as soon as my shop is set up I will check out the links, before placing my ads, I`m adding clothing categories at the moment which is very time consuming.

Thanks Delta, I`m sure with the latest and as you say upcoming changes many more will be joining us here. I have given thousands of pounds to Feebay in fees and it really did annoy. I will be checking out all rules and costs and so on straight after I have set my store. One thing at a time Grasshopper lol

I`ll be back

Dean

View frollick's Feedback (+3156)
    All-About frollick
    View frollick's Listings
    Forum Posts

well, I finally jumped in ebid this time with both feet first,still a member on the dark side, as I do need sales,but I have been informing all buyers over there about ebid.net, I include this in with there receipt of purchase,as any mention of this site or others is strictly forbidden. they are rolling out there new "buyer protection policy" and it is incredibly hostile to small sellers ,and according to what is being said on there forums,many are planning on jumping ship before the policy kicks in,I know at that time I will be forced to be more specific on what I list as to the high risk of selling,in any event! I ceratinly have work to do here,and I will be consitently adding items up for sale,though I havent had a sale,and very few lookers so far.

Hi Frollick,
    Why is there such a huge difference between your starting bid and the buy it now price? There are few bidding wars on this site and I'd hate to see you only get .25 cents for a few of the items I looked at.

Just looked again and realized you have a reserve in place. As I said, no bidding wars here so that only leaves the 'buy it now' feature as a good choice.
    Last edited by Rubysafira; 24th August 2009 at 06:42 PM.

All-About frollick
    View frollick's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello! I certainly do appreciate your input,as you know,I am new here actually,and I am trying to find my way,so do you feel I should drop the auction foramt,and just list buy it now? I do have a reserve,which of course is much lower than the buy it now price I do have on my listings, would appreciate your thoughts, and thanks for your time!

Hi and Welcome:

Because bidding wars are virtually non-existent here I started my auctions at the bottom dollar I was willing to take and the BIN at what I hope to get.

My reserve price is my opening bid and I have a note at the top of the page that states that. Sometimes eBid hiccups and won't let me post an auction without a reserve price so that is my way around it.

I really like the function that doesn't start the auction until the first bid, I don't know if I'm shooting myself in the foot with Google on that one. But I like the idea of it.
    I have new listings! Check them out!

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
    Fed up with paying to sell?

All-About frollick
    View frollick's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello! well it certainly is different, have to readjust,but I think I will like it this way,so I got it now! and am very appreciative for your time and wisdom, thank you!

All-About frollick
    View frollick's Listings
    Forum Posts

forgot to add, I have been reading often on the forums,that always keep Google in mind when you do a listing,if I choose the option as you mentioned,start the auction at first bid,wouldn't I lose out on any google searches if my listing was not active?

Quote Originally Posted by frollick View Post
    forgot to add, I have been reading often on the forums,that always keep Google in mind when you do a listing,if I choose the option as you mentioned,start the auction at first bid,wouldn't I lose out on any google searches if my listing was not active?

I have done a Google search of my few items and they do come up but with the BIN price.
    I have new listings! Check them out!

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
    Fed up with paying to sell?

Thread Information