Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Deserter Here

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome to eBid...All the best in your new venture here!

Forum Lurker
    View oaktreesports's Feedback (+151)
    All-About oaktreesports
    View oaktreesports's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default No one answers my aal messages or auction questions

I have purchased items from three sellers on Ebid and only 1 was a good seller. Two sellers have not even answered my aal and email questions. I have filed a paypal claim on the first. The second has a feedback of 788 and I'm hoping they will complete the transaction. I'd also like to buy from another store but they don't answer my shipping question.

So what's with these sellers? I check my email and my ebid page daily. I like ebid, but if other buyers have these problems it's not good for my sales.

This is a problem that we have been discussing in another thread, about absentee sellers and the bad impression that it gives of the site. There are however plenty of good sellers on here. Always a good idea to check and see when a seller last logged on.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    This is a problem that we have been discussing in another thread, about absentee sellers and the bad impression that it gives of the site. There are however plenty of good sellers on here. Always a good idea to check and see when a seller last logged on.
    Ken,

Can a buyer tell when every seller has logged on or just seller + sellers?

Forum Lurker
    View oaktreesports's Feedback (+151)
    All-About oaktreesports
    View oaktreesports's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kengillam View Post
    I found on the store site when the seller was there. Is there any place to look if they don't have a store?

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    Ken,

Can a buyer tell when every seller has logged on or just seller + sellers?
    Quote Originally Posted by oaktreesports View Post
    I found on the store site when the seller was there. Is there any place to look if they don't have a store?
    Not really. The best thing to do is to check their feedback. That will give some indication of when they were last active.
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

Quote Originally Posted by rethreads View Post
    I appreciate your advice on auction length, since I've been debating that, and in fact, have listed several different kinds: auctions, limited fixed price, etc. I did list one "till sold" because I think (hope) people are still wandering in here from elsewhere and might not see the shorter term listings.
    The RTS listings get less hits per unit time because they appear at the bottom of search listings. People will see them, eventually. Only the sellers with stores really need the RTS format. I don't have a store, so there's no reason for me to keep any listings active in perpetuity. All my fixed-price listings have countdown timers and this allows my listings to rotate to the top of searches. Of course, I'm listing in very non-competitive categories, so I would probably make sales no matter how I list. But as a seller in categories where few sellers have active items, I feel a stronger obligation to give buyers good service because I could be helping to bring more activity to these categories in the future. The success of any site depends on whether buyers feel safe making a purchase and whether it is worth their time just making the effort. I have sold to many new buyers over the past 14 months. Many are one-time buyers, but some come back. A few chose expensive secure shipping options for their relatively inexpensive purchases at first, likely the result of being unsure if they would receive anything at all. Their subsequent purchases included cheaper shipping with their payments, so I assume they feel some trust has been established, and they will be more likely to continue buying on eBid in the future.

A couple of my more unique items have brought a great deal of interest to eBid, I am pleased to report. These particular items cannot even be found on that alternative auction site (the one with all the fees and dumb rules). Some of the attention I have received has been unflattering if downright negative, but there's truth to the saying that all publicity is good publicity.
    ================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by marschenegger View Post
    The RTS listings get less hits per unit time because they appear at the bottom of search listings. People will see them, eventually. Only the sellers with stores really need the RTS format. I don't have a store, so there's no reason for me to keep any listings active in perpetuity. All my fixed-price listings have countdown timers and this allows my listings to rotate to the top of searches. Of course, I'm listing in very non-competitive categories, so I would probably make sales no matter how I list. But as a seller in categories where few sellers have active items, I feel a stronger obligation to give buyers good service because I could be helping to bring more activity to these categories in the future. The success of any site depends on whether buyers feel safe making a purchase and whether it is worth their time just making the effort. I have sold to many new buyers over the past 14 months. Many are one-time buyers, but some come back. A few chose expensive secure shipping options for their relatively inexpensive purchases at first, likely the result of being unsure if they would receive anything at all. Their subsequent purchases included cheaper shipping with their payments, so I assume they feel some trust has been established, and they will be more likely to continue buying on eBid in the future.

A couple of my more unique items have brought a great deal of interest to eBid, I am pleased to report. These particular items cannot even be found on that alternative auction site (the one with all the fees and dumb rules). Some of the attention I have received has been unflattering if downright negative, but there's truth to the saying that all publicity is good publicity.
    Agree. The rules for listing order on feebay were so complicated that I don't think staff could figure them out. Here it is fair, if you chose featured, you are pasted right to the top, if you chose gallery and a dated auction, you progress up the list until your auction expires, and if you chose RTS, you never leave the bottom! If you do this, you also never get listed on the goggle searches where most of us get a lot of our buyers! Why cut off any avenue of sales!

Also agree, that many of us came from feebay's very crowded categories to find that we are sometimes one of the very few to list that particular item in that particular area, which is wonderful (i.e. I have the only antique linen store). You do get more attention. That won't last but it is nice while it does.

I believe that if a seller has smaller, lighter, inexpensive items (under $20) they will benefit from advertising sales on 2nd items, reduced shipping etc, to get people buying more. If it is a collectable, chances are the seller will also sell to that person numerous times. Does not work for car tires, but works for vases or whatever.

Forum Lurker
    Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
    View theclotheshop's Feedback (+1)
    All-About theclotheshop
    View theclotheshop's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile WOW! What a difference this site is

Hi,

Well I knew about eBid for many years but didn`t think it was a very busy place and when one is so used to using another site like Feebay you tent to stay with it.

Enough is enough, and after running many searches and researching for another action site, eBid was the one.

I signed up here with no problems but had to contact support regarding logging into the forums as I just couldn`t log in at all, I used 5 log in attempts and had to wait 15 mins, but your support was great and after following what was said I was logged in.

It`s very weird seeing people with signatures that advertise their sites/stores and the openness of the threads is very refreshing.

I have many products to move so I guess I need to run a test first and see how things go, but like many here I am sick and tired of Feebay and their Hitler Mentality.

Right time to go and check out eBids options and get to work on an advertisment.

Dean

Froncysyllte Llangollen, Wrexham, United Kingdom
    View tjsprinting's Feedback (+433)
    All-About tjsprinting
    View tjsprinting's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi and welcome to this friendly site, You will find lots of useful tips on various threads to help promote your wares and assist you in the arduous task of listing loads of items. Looking forward to seeing some items appear in the shop.

Made to measure internal and external softwood doors and gates.
    Visit our ebid store to see a wide range of ledge and brace, cottage, stable and garage doors along with a selection of single and paired gates. Just click on the banner above

Thread Information