Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Deserter Here

Forum Newbie
    All-About lwcozene45
    View lwcozene45's Listings
    Forum Posts

i have been trying to upgrade to seller status but keep getting error mesg.
    (357) 3d and get no help from ebid, if that is the kind of tech. help i am going to get from them i may as well stay with e-bay.
    lwcozene45
    Last edited by lwcozene45; 5th August 2009 at 12:03 AM.

Read this part of another thread Iwcozene and do be so quick to throw the towel in. http://meetup.ebid.net/showthread.php?t=126850&page=2

Question

Quote Originally Posted by lwcozene45 View Post
    i have been trying to upgrade to seller status but keep getting error mesg.
    (357) 3d and get no help from ebid, if that is the kind of tech. help i am going to get from them i may as well stay with e-bay.
    lwcozene45
    I was having the same problem trying to upgrade to basic seller status. It would send me to the cc info screen, but would not validate my card. For no reason, I clicked on the Grand Poobah Seller+ Lifetime thingy and was instantly swept off to Paypal, where I was able to decline PP and choose my original cc instead. Dunno.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by oaktreesports View Post
    Those fees over there and their new policies are really ridiculous for smaller sellers. I've been here 2 months and Ebid is a nice change.
    I notice that Ebid has been fixing listing problems that were giving me trouble. Recently they fixed the UPS calculator.
    Now if I can just sell something!
    Checked out your auctions, very nice. Love the long and detailed descriptions too!! Potential buyers like details.

Welcome to ebid, and good luck selling here.

Quote Originally Posted by rethreads View Post
    I was having the same problem trying to upgrade to basic seller status. It would send me to the cc info screen, but would not validate my card. For no reason, I clicked on the Grand Poobah Seller+ Lifetime thingy and was instantly swept off to Paypal, where I was able to decline PP and choose my original cc instead. Dunno.

LOL Grand Poobah

Quote Originally Posted by marschenegger View Post
    The advice given by jeweleffects is something all new sellers need to learn. It is only instinctual for new sellers to gravitate toward run-until-sold listings, but they are the recipe for disaster, especially if you're trying to make a profitable existence here. A countdown auction or fixed-price listing that starts immediately and has a long countdown time (up to 90 days) is still preferable to making perpetual listings for the reason that many buyers just don't see your listings when they are languishing at the bottom of the heap.

Contrary to rumours, newbies are encouraged to post questions of any kind! If you're feeling stuck or have a problem, don't hesitate to post your query at this forum.

Regarding eBay, there's no doubt many changes of late have been tailored to sellers of new merchandise. As long as eBay doesn't take my advice to split itself into two smaller companies, one for new stuff and one for used stuff 'n' collectables, it will continue to lose ground to eBid. Thanks for joining eBid. Show buyers that you're a winner!

I appreciate your advice on auction length, since I've been debating that, and in fact, have listed several different kinds: auctions, limited fixed price, etc. I did list one "till sold" because I think (hope) people are still wandering in here from elsewhere and might not see the shorter term listings.

Quote Originally Posted by MYtreasures4U View Post
    I was on Ebay needless to say a short time and HORRIBLE results from fees being higher than profit frustrations to being excessively over-charged on single item listings that multiplied themselves and to resolve was ridiculous, and I didn't get anywhere. They didn't "see" the problems I mentioned, soooooo I found this site where I'm VERY IMPRESSED. I'm charged an initial startup and know every CENT that I'm being charged and what it is for UP FRONT, nothing hidden. Everything is at my fingertips! eBid.net gives 5 photos at no extra charges which is wonderful and perfect for typical listings to show angles of items. I love this site with all of its features and would recommend it to ANYONE that has gone through the frustrations of trying to sell on other sites. I'm needing to make money and believe I WILL HERE. GREAT SITE. I posted on my profile page the site link to bring in others to eBid!
    I'm pretty flabbergasted by those 5 free pics too! Except now I have to go back and take more. LOL

Forum Lurker
    View oaktreesports's Feedback (+151)
    All-About oaktreesports
    View oaktreesports's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    The link that should be on your signature banner is:

http://us.ebid.net/stores/Oaktreesports-Survival-Gear

Hope this helps and welcome to ebid.
    Thanks for the help. I've been busy on my stores and just haven't gotten to it yet! I put links below and have my fingers crossed.

"Visit my Ebid Stores"

Quote Originally Posted by oaktreesports View Post
    Thanks for the help. I've been busy on my stores and just haven't gotten to it yet! I put links below and have my fingers crossed.

Your link on your banner pic is still wrong. Run your cursor over the pic, you'll see you have one to many http in it.

Forum Newbie
    All-About DaveMeadows
    View DaveMeadows's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry Ebid Deserter

Unfortunately it would not surprise me. With the difficulty of interpreting sanity from insanity it would be reasonable to agree that most traders or purchasers on Ebay are just not reliable enougth in there own minds to enter an online trade agreement.

For example, arguing over a brown retail packaging as apposed to a red packaging is completely beyond myself.

I am now happy auctionering on Ebid, and have been a previous member to the second start up where my account went dorment from non-uses in about 2002.

Hopefully, the 5 minutes it takes to close an account on Ebay for policy misuse will only take about 2 on Ebid. I find it very interesting in how the Law has developed the Online Trading Agreements and will be working hard to making sure all agreements are followed.

The most recent forming of this Law is the initial Fraudulant Trade through purchase. This can be easily seen when you make a sale and completley turn coat on the buyer when a question is asked concerning a purchase.

Dave Meadows

Time Traverller

P.S

I am happy to this date to provide all my sales in the box standard brown wrapping paper as purchased from any Royail Mail Post Office. Ebid Guru!.
    Last edited by DaveMeadows; 8th August 2009 at 11:33 AM.

Thread Information