eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ebay Deserter Here

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamyGiftBaskets View Post
    Welcome to Ebid! This is an amazing site without the high costs... Ebidder all the way!
    Hi Judy & welcome to eBid,
    I would suggest that you edit your auctions and place them all on 7-10-14 day auctions with x 10 relists so that they move up in the search engine. The way they are now 'run until sold' they will always stay at the bottom of the pile and no one will see them, especially if you look to your left and see the USA closing auctions in progress.

Let me add my welcome too....hope you have a long and very profitable stay...

The advice given by jeweleffects is something all new sellers need to learn. It is only instinctual for new sellers to gravitate toward run-until-sold listings, but they are the recipe for disaster, especially if you're trying to make a profitable existence here. A countdown auction or fixed-price listing that starts immediately and has a long countdown time (up to 90 days) is still preferable to making perpetual listings for the reason that many buyers just don't see your listings when they are languishing at the bottom of the heap.

Contrary to rumours, newbies are encouraged to post questions of any kind! If you're feeling stuck or have a problem, don't hesitate to post your query at this forum.

Regarding eBay, there's no doubt many changes of late have been tailored to sellers of new merchandise. As long as eBay doesn't take my advice to split itself into two smaller companies, one for new stuff and one for used stuff 'n' collectables, it will continue to lose ground to eBid. Thanks for joining eBid. Show buyers that you're a winner!
    ================

The biggest truths are always left unsaid.

The biggest lies are repeated endlessly.

Forum Lurker
    View oaktreesports's Feedback (+151)
    All-About oaktreesports
    View oaktreesports's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Another ebay deserter-or should I say refugee

Those fees over there and their new policies are really ridiculous for smaller sellers. I've been here 2 months and Ebid is a nice change.
    I notice that Ebid has been fixing listing problems that were giving me trouble. Recently they fixed the UPS calculator.
    Now if I can just sell something!

First thing is to make sure your link works, check your URL I also see you only ship to the US so you are limiting yourself there.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Hi! I'm glad your here!
    I have new listings! Check them out!

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
    Fed up with paying to sell?

Quote Originally Posted by oaktreesports View Post
    Those fees over there and their new policies are really ridiculous for smaller sellers. I've been here 2 months and Ebid is a nice change.
    I notice that Ebid has been fixing listing problems that were giving me trouble. Recently they fixed the UPS calculator.
    Welcome to eBid! We really are neighbors. I've noticed quite a few new members from the West Coast, but you're actually in the San Diego basin.

We're also GreedBay refugees, for the same reason as you. Sales are slower here, but slowly picking up as eBid grows and more people find out about it. If you're willing to wait it out, this is the place to be.

When you run into problems, don't be afraid to come to the forums and ask for help. The people here are incredibly friendly and helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by oaktreesports View Post
    The link that should be on your signature banner is:

http://us.ebid.net/stores/Oaktreesports-Survival-Gear

Hope this helps and welcome to ebid.

Default Greedebay--UGH

Hi I am on greedebay as well but I have now set up on ebid and will be listing on here.I have too much on greedebay to abandon it yet but I will be looking closely at that idea.I am still learning my way round ebid but it looks good to me.
    Melanie
    mrobertsandbooks
    Last edited by mrobertsandbooks; 3rd August 2009 at 05:42 PM. Reason: forgot title

Thread Information