My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Thimbles a packing question

Default Thimbles a packing question

Anyone advise the best way to pack thimbles for the Royal Mail?

Is it just a simple case of wrapping in loads of bubble wrap and puting in a small box, & then in a small packing bag or is there a better way?

Thanks in advance. Hopefully they are a little small images now

Also has this style of thimble got a certain thimble name?

Style 1 where there are dimples on it
    Name:  IMGP4413.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  82.1 KB

Style 2 where the side is sticking out
    Name:  IMGP4459.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  88.1 KB

Style 3 where it's not the usual white colour
    Name:  IMGP4480.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  17.1 KB
    Last edited by raindropsies2; 15th June 2009 at 01:57 PM.

View 11thEagle's Feedback (+73)
    All-About 11thEagle
    View 11thEagle's Listings
    Forum Posts

Either that or Void fill/ shredded paper you might find will give a bit more protection
    Martin

Here to save my Wife having to go back to work so she can continue to do a fantastic job bring up my kids

www.retailperceptions.co.uk

We call those advertising thimbles in US. Advertises a place or product. Often are new and issued by various companies like Franklin Mint for collections, or sold as souvenirs.

I will offer mailing info from US side. If there is any chance the envelope could be smooshed flat, I would add a hard box (even a metal mint container, which is free and very sturdy). Plus tissue or bubble wrap inside and outside of the box. Tape the envelope vertically and horizontally so that if the corner should rip, the box will still stay inside.

Also, for very light items like this, espec if you are not boxing them, you don't want someone to assume the envelope is empty, so pad it out with a bit of cardboard too. It adds weight but that is what you want. Don't know how many vintage hankies I mailed out and lost before I realized that if it appears to be an empty envelope it may get discarded or ripped in half in the mailing machines. For small items I plastic bag, wrap in cardboard and put into envelope. Have not lost one since.

Hope this helps,.

Glasgow, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View ejean9's Feedback (+946)
    All-About ejean9
    View ejean9's Listings
    Forum Posts

dont know if it helps Sarah..but i once recieved a thimble in bubble wrap then placed in part of a toilet roll tube..then it was bubble wrapped over that..quite sturdy it was...

View banrigh's Feedback (+2949)
    All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

Toilet roll tube is a good idea if you don't have a box. Avoid just bubble wrap and envelope combo. 2 & 3 are Souvenir Thimbles. 1..not sure since I can't see anything but the top.

We've shipped miniatures that were this small. In addition to the danger of shipping damage, there's the chance the buyer may not find them easily and drop them while pulling out the packaging.

We put them in a small plastic bag, put that inside a paper envelope (although the metal tins from mints and the toilet paper rolls are ideas I'll remember), then pack that inside the shipping box wrapped in shredded newspaper or bubble wrap. Our postal service has a minimum size requirement, so we bought the smallest boxes that are permitted.

I don't think I'd ever ship them in an envelope, there's a good chance they would get crushed by the post office machinery.

Thread Information