eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Lets Get Noticed More

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Where did he say *all* people would stay away? He says over-priced items encourage people to stay away. I believe that's a perfectly valid point, since it makes no attempt to quantify how many.

Forum Newbie
    View knights1066's Feedback (+1156)
    All-About knights1066
    View knights1066's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Where did he say *all* people would stay away? He says over-priced items encourage people to stay away. I believe that's a perfectly valid point, since it makes no attempt to quantify how many.
    Sorry Kimbo, wasn't intending to be harsh or overcritical. The inference was that people would be put off by items being sold at inflated prices. I basically agree with what was said, my point was intended to be more general in so fact as people should not tar us all with the same brush and be put off because of a few rogue traders. Of course he has a valid point, my response was not directed at him.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

No worries, thanks for the explanation.

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

I just looked to try and buy a decent watch,I couldn't see one by a reputable maker that I couldn't buy cheaper elsewhere.Thats the sort of thing that chokes people off.
    I'm not tarring everyone with the same brush,I have had some good bargains on this site,but finding them amongst the overpriced stuff is sometimes hard.
    Having said that,Greedbay with its mountains of Hong Kong junk and a hopeless search system is a hell of a lot worse!.
    One thing I have noticed is that on the greedbay forums any criticism especially by a seller is jumped on by a band of flag wavers,here, discussion is usually far more polite and as a result far more helpfull.
    Last edited by baconsdozen; 11th June 2009 at 03:43 PM.

Forum Newbie
    All-About knights1066
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    I just looked to try and buy a decent watch,I couldn't see one by a reputable maker that I couldn't buy cheaper elsewhere.Thats the sort of thing that chokes people off.
    I'm not tarring everyone with the same brush,I have had some good bargains on this site,but finding them amongst the overpriced stuff is sometimes hard.
    Having said that,Greedbay with its mountains of Hong Kong junk and a hopeless search system is a hell of a lot worse!.
    One thing I have noticed is that on the greedbay forums any criticism especially by a seller is jumped on by a band of flag wavers,here, discussion is usually far more polite and as a result far more helpfull.
    I take your point entirely, and agree with what you're saying. As I said to Kimbo, my reply earlier was not directed at you personally but at the target group as a whole.
    As an example: If you were shopping in a town with an indoor market with say 10 stalls and 6 of those stall holders were selling goods at inflated prices but 4 were selling interesting, but not what you wanted at the time, goods. Would you walk out and say.."I'm not going in there again it's too expensive" or would you say.."A lot of things in there are expensive, but it might be worth popping in now and again because there are some good things I might want to buy in the future."
    Market forces should determine the fate of these rip off merchants. The only draw back is if these people have bought a lifetime+ membership and listed lots of run until solds which are going nowhere except to linger in our midst forever!!

Kind Regards - Knights1066

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

If your hypothetical market had ten stalls, all selling good, affordable stuff, I'd be in there every day. If less than half the stalls were any good, I'd pop in when I was passing, or had nothing better to do.

Forum Newbie
    All-About knights1066
    Forum Posts

If your hypothetical market had ten stalls, all selling good, affordable stuff, I'd be in there every day. If less than half the stalls were any good, I'd pop in when I was passing, or had nothing better to do.
    Yes but at least you would pop in now and again and when you do you find some of the rogues have gone bust and shipped out only to be replace by better and more affordable stalls selling good stuff. If you never went back you wouldn't know would you?!

Regards - Knights1066

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't think this is getting anywhere, we're just agreeing with each other.

Forum Newbie
    All-About knights1066
    Forum Posts

I don't think this is getting anywhere, we're just agreeing with each other.
    I suppose we are..bottom line...because we both want the same result. I can't see how you can run an open and free auction site without having a few undesireables about. More regulation would make this place like eBay and we dont't want that do we!!

The End

Forum Newbie
    All-About knights1066
    Forum Posts

Smile Doing my bit

Have been reading about the ebid affiliate programme. I think I will join and help spread the word as best I can. This site deserves more than it's getting from the public, let's drive it forward!

Thread Information