My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Lets Get Noticed More

Ken brought up an interesting idea about all of us striving to list a greater variety of things to attract new people. We should all start digging thru our boxes and bringing up some interesting things that we do not usualy sell!

we could have a break from the norm listing campain or who could list the weirdest thing campain.
    i remember once someone selling there last sprout form the x-mas dinner on the dark side and then there was the contents of a hoover bag.
    I could gen some advertising " come and look at what this guy is selling on eBid....."
    Check out my shop for all your fav comic books
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/HUSHS-COMIC-BOOK-WORLD

Hush is barnching out check it out
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Hushs-Trading-Card-Shack

Check out my about me for some stuff about me.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/hush77hush/all-about-me/
    or why not join my social group on the fourm pages.
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/group.php?groupid=30

Why not follow me on Twitter.
    http://twitter.com/#!/hush77hush

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

We did a "list something weird" thing not long ago. It was fun seeing what we'd listed, but the range wasn't that whacky, and I felt it fizzled a bit. But we just did it for fun here, rather getting serious about it as a marketing ploy.

It isn't the weird and wacky that eBid needs but a wider variety of good products at sensible prices as well. We have a seller who joined in January with cameras at prices higher than Jessops, no feedback, no information on About Me page or in his listings of which there are over 1600. It is that sort of thing that is no use to eBid at all.
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

We have a seller who joined in January with cameras at prices higher than Jessops, no feedback, no information on About Me page or in his listings of which there are over 1600. It is that sort of thing that is no use to eBid at all.

Chancer!

You're right Ken, those give a wrong impression of eBid
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Forum Diehard
    View baconsdozen's Feedback (+711)
    All-About baconsdozen
    View baconsdozen's Listings
    Forum Posts

How about having a look for stuff that you want?. I have to admit i seldom look at ebid to buy (shame on me I know) but if we are honest how many of us make it the automatic choice to look at first?.
    I think the other problem are all the run till solds and far too high priced items that mean pages stay the same for weeks at a time,it hardly makes for the ''active and vibrant' look does it?.
    kens point re the cameras is a good one,that sort of thing just encourages people to stay away.
    Last edited by baconsdozen; 11th June 2009 at 09:19 AM.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I always look first, but I'd not say it's "automatic" yet, it's a conscious effort. To me it's a simple case of "put your money..." However, I don't buy here if I can get a significantly better deal elsewhere.

ditto, Kimbo

Check out our bargain craft supplies, including embroidery and cross-stitch

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've sometime bought here (and always look here first) when I know I could have got a better deal buying elsewhere. As long as I don't feel the seller is out to rip me off on price (not everyone can buy in at the same price) then I will pay slightly more to buy here. The logic (if I have any) is that supporting other eBid users eventually supports me.

Forum Newbie
    View knights1066's Feedback (+1156)
    All-About knights1066
    View knights1066's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by baconsdozen View Post
    How about having a look for stuff that you want?. I have to admit i seldom look at ebid to buy (shame on me I know) but if we are honest how many of us make it the automatic choice to look at first?.
    I think the other problem are all the run till solds and far too high priced items that mean pages stay the same for weeks at a time,it hardly makes for the ''active and vibrant' look does it?.
    kens point re the cameras is a good one,that sort of thing just encourages people to stay away.
    I think this is an all too common way of stereotyping. Witches being made of wood and all that. People who are in business need to be competitive to survive, especially at the moment, but not all sellers on auction sites are in business and there will always be those that profiteer. On the other hand there are "the customers." Those who want things at car boot prices and consider anything that costs more than a pound to be expensive because they're too mean to pay a reasonable price and want things as cheap as possible, if not cheaper. I think market forces will decide a sellers fate and it shouldn't deter potential buyers from browsing because they've seen a couple of items at inflated prices. We're not all made of wood!!

Thread Information