My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Lets Get Noticed More

I rarely watch commercial TV anyway - same with radio - adverts irritate me to bits!

Having said that - I do have videos of 'compare the meekat', and 'Foxes 'biskwits'! LOL
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudesNiceThings View Post
    ...and 'Foxes 'biskwits'! LOL
    That's me that is. I'm known as Uncle Vinny to some members of my family.

So few commercials use humour nowadays. It used to be quite common and was truthfully said that the adverts were often better than the programs.

As someone else alluded to, they seem now to set out to irritate you. Presumably on the assumption that what annoys you sticks in your head. That may well be true but it also means, to me, that I would make a concious decision to avoid buying that product due to them irritating me in my own home.

I also thought it was now (and had been for a long time) illegal to make false claims for a product. Yet many adverts show you a product achieving results that they never achieve in real life.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    As someone else alluded to, they seem now to set out to irritate you. Presumably on the assumption that what annoys you sticks in your head. That may well be true but it also means, to me, that I would make a concious decision to avoid buying that product due to them irritating me in my own home.
    I believe the theory is that the irritation makes the name stick, but then you don't remember why it's stuck. It seems like a very fine line to me!

I watch all telly on the computer via the channels' websites, where adverts are minimal, and hit the speaker mute button when they come on. It's 90% BBC anyway, so my exposure to the Cillit Bangs of this world are blessedly few.

Forum Newbie
    View knights1066's Feedback (+1156)
    All-About knights1066
    View knights1066's Listings
    Forum Posts

Blimey. I thought I'd run this one up the flagpole and see if anyone saluted it. It seems like most of you have stuck two fingers up at it.
    OK then, suggestions please. How would you promote e Bid to attain an equivalent standing to that of e bay, without breaking the bank, using Meerkats or generally getting on everyone's t*ts?

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by knights1066 View Post
    Blimey. I thought I'd run this one up the flagpole and see if anyone saluted it. It seems like most of you have stuck two fingers up at it.
    OK then, suggestions please. How would you promote e Bid to attain an equivalent standing to that of e bay, without breaking the bank, using Meerkats or generally getting on everyone's t*ts?
    I think the subject's been done to death so many times here, it was a matter of descending into frivol, or bite.

I'd do exactly what's being done!

ie - internet targetting, and people doing their own publicity - both on and off-site

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

may I offer a suggestion?

If you time your auctions for (say) 10 days, with 10 relists, they will not languish at the bottom of the search lists.

'Run til sold' items do not move up the lists, so are the last items that people look at!

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

I remember when Taz run a TTV campaign and the sales improved for a while, when the adds finished it went quiet again, so i beleive they only have a limited effect unless you have a massive budget.
    My self i think adds are cheaper and more effective on popular web sites but this is only my opinion.
    But at the end of the day i find adds annoying and use the fast forward button.

Quote Originally Posted by knights1066 View Post
    As mentioned the TV thing has been done to death - yes it would be great to see ebid on the old phosphor dots, but it ain't gonna happen (yet??).

You are in amongst a very helpful bunch of peeps here and different ways of doing things, but I think I can stick my neck out and say we are all working hard to promote ebid in general.

I use Twitter and Flickr to spread the word

Twitter is more of an individual thing. Flickr is more of a group thing.

There are a number of ebid.net images, photostreams and groups on Flickr now. With Flickr it is not just a matter of dumping your images and text there in the hope that someone sees them and is drawn to ebid, you need to reach out to other people through use of keywords and blurb, making contacts and joining groups. That is the internet though now ~ self promotion is a fine balance between social networking and avoiding being seen as a spamster - one person's spam is another's useful info.

Here is some Flickr stuff you might find useful.

ebid.net
    Look what I sold on ebid
    Look What I Bought On eBid.net
    Should've bought it on ebid
    Found on Ebid
    ebid.net photographers

I also run a Flickr account called Happyebidders where I was adding images for those who don't have Flickr accounts, but, in general, I don't have the time to do it anymore - you are though better off having your own Flickr account - once you get the hang of Flickr, and realise how far out it can reach to others, you will see the point in it.

We get excellent VFM here - the downside is we need to do the legwork as far as advertising and promotion is concerned.

Don't forget good old word of mouth works wonders.

Good Luck
    http://im1.ebidst.com/upload_banner/booksforsale_61768.jpg

Booksforsale For Vintage Homewares and New & Secondhand Books

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

Remember folks, most advertising is not aimed at getting you to buy or use a product or service, it is primarily about establishing the name of the company in consumers' minds and KEEPING the name constantly current
    http://im1.ebidst.com/upload_banner/booksforsale_61768.jpg

Booksforsale For Vintage Homewares and New & Secondhand Books

Main Store - Click Here

Join ebid here

Thread Information