Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I've just listed some books

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    If it was a signed, first edition hardback you could call it a collectors' item. A mass market paperback, of which there are plenty available from a penny plus 2.75 postage, sorry no. If it was that easy, we'd all be rich.
    Ok was just wondering, cause I read somewhere if you have an item and the person who wrote it or painted it then it would be worth something if that person passed away.
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    Ok was just wondering, cause I read somewhere if you have an item and the person who wrote it or painted it then it would be worth something if that person passed away.

I have the same problem Craig - I have a few books listed that are signed by the author - but I think because a lot more authors sign their books signed copies are not so rare and therefore not so sought after. I think it also depends on how well known the author is and how well known the book is. As in if we had a JK Rowling book, because of the movies etc, we'd both be sitting pretty - but others are not so valuable.

I hope it helps.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I could sign you a couple of cookbooks each and jump under a bus, but I have to tell you neither of you would get rich.

(No, I'm not the author, I just wrote the foreword, but never let the facts get in the way of a good story)

Quote Originally Posted by BabsnRay View Post
    I've got a load of books that I'm trying to clear out - some fiction some fact - differing topics and authors.

Depending on what you're after, I may (and itis a slim may mind) be able to help. Not all are being listed as I also do bootsales, and to be honest, I don't really want the hastle of listing them all - but if there is anything specific I'd be more than happy to list for you, and for you buy at more or less bootsale prices and we'll be doing each other a favour - you'll have the books you want and I'd have got rid of a few more.
    Okay, as to authors the 4 that are at the top of my list are:

Alan Dean Foster - His Humanx Commonwealth and Pip & Flinx series

L E Modesitt - Ecolitan and Forever Hero series

Jack L. Chalker - Three Kings and Changewinds series

Piers Anthony - Incarnations of Immortality and ChroMagic series

As you can see I don't go for mainstream authors.
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I could sign you a couple of cookbooks each and jump under a bus, but I have to tell you neither of you would get rich.

(No, I'm not the author, I just wrote the foreword, but never let the facts get in the way of a good story)

I'll leave the getting rich to bit to other people - I'm happy trundling along just about able to find 2 pennies to rub together and being happy. I've yet to meet a person who is both rich and happy.
    Babz

Quote Originally Posted by wizbooks View Post
    Okay, as to authors the 4 that are at the top of my list are:

Alan Dean Foster - His Humanx Commonwealth and Pip & Flinx series

L E Modesitt - Ecolitan and Forever Hero series

Jack L. Chalker - Three Kings and Changewinds series

Piers Anthony - Incarnations of Immortality and ChroMagic series

As you can see I don't go for mainstream authors.

No worries - I'll have a look as I don't know who or what I've got there altogether. I've got so many books that I'd bought with the intention of reading when I retire - but now that I have retired - I've still got no hope of reading them.

I'll send you a PM when I've had a look to let you know what I've found, if any.
    Babz

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    You really need to research your books. Don't rely on amazon for the price. I tend to look on bookfinder if it is something unusual as they cover lots of different online book sellers.
    When I first started selling books I managed to pick up quite a few 1st edition Terry Pratchett's and was surprised how much they went for on the other side as
    at that time I had no idea on book values.

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

Quote Originally Posted by BabsnRay View Post
    No worries - I'll have a look as I don't know who or what I've got there altogether. I've got so many books that I'd bought with the intention of reading when I retire - but now that I have retired - I've still got no hope of reading them.

I'll send you a PM when I've had a look to let you know what I've found, if any.
    Thanks, I've added you into my contacts as otherwise you won't be able to PM me.

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

Quote Originally Posted by wizbooks View Post
    Thanks, I've added you into my contacts as otherwise you won't be able to PM me.

Ok thanks - I've done the same so you're easy to find.
    Babz

Thread Information