Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've just listed some books

Default I've just listed some books

Can someone tell me what they think, would they sell with the pictures, description and prices etc.
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

On the ones I've looked at you don't give the condition of the book. It would also be a good idea to put the authors name in the title.
    The ones that have no pre filled info don't state if they are paperback or hardback. I won't comment on your prices or postage costs.
    I never use the pre filled info section myself. If you want you can check out how I lay my listings out and the information I add.
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I second all of that. But I will comment on price... they look rather high without bothering to check particular titles. Those books all look like they'd be readily available on Amz in the 1p to £1 range - sorry. Worth doing your homework on prices before listing, if you have time.

The prices are less than the printed price which I paid. ex: if it shows £6.99 I'll charge £3.35 + recorded delivery of £2.50 which also includes packaging.

The 2 books at £9,99 were paid for at £17.99 plus postage at £3.50 recorded this is due to weight.

I'm due to list a richard laymon book for £3 which on Amazon is going for £5.49
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

You asked for comments. You don't have to agree with them.

Also is a Richard Laymon book a collectors item since he passed away in 2001?
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    The prices are less than the printed price which I paid. ex: if it shows £6.99 I'll charge £3.35 + recorded delivery of £2.50 which also includes packaging.

The 2 books at £9,99 were paid for at £17.99 plus postage at £3.50 recorded this is due to weight.

I'm due to list a richard laymon book for £3 which on Amazon is going for £5.49
    I'm an avid reader and have a wish list on amazon which stands at 105 titles at the moment. That is the list for books I've not read but want. I also have another one for books I have read but don't own or that need replacing in my collection.
    As funds allow I will hunt around and find the cheapest price I can for the books on my lists. If it is just a replacement then there is no way I would pay your prices. If it was a must have book then I might but it would depend on the condition.

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    Also is a Richard Laymon book a collectors item since he passed away in 2001?
    If it was a signed, first edition hardback you could call it a collectors' item. A mass market paperback, of which there are plenty available from a penny plus 2.75 postage, sorry no. If it was that easy, we'd all be rich.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    If it was a signed, first edition hardback you could call it a collectors' item. A mass market paperback, of which there are plenty available from a penny plus 2.75 postage, sorry no. If it was that easy, we'd all be rich.
    That's the thing with books, availability of title = price charged.
    There was a couple of books I was looking for that came under the heading of hard to find and so were over the top price wise on amazon, bookfinder etc. I did manage to find them for a lot less in the end but it took me a good few years to do so.

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

Quote Originally Posted by wizbooks View Post
    That's the thing with books, availability of title = price charged.
    There was a couple of books I was looking for that came under the heading of hard to find and so were over the top price wise on amazon, bookfinder etc. I did manage to find them for a lot less in the end but it took me a good few years to do so.

I've got a load of books that I'm trying to clear out - some fiction some fact - differing topics and authors.

Depending on what you're after, I may (and itis a slim may mind) be able to help. Not all are being listed as I also do bootsales, and to be honest, I don't really want the hastle of listing them all - but if there is anything specific I'd be more than happy to list for you, and for you buy at more or less bootsale prices and we'll be doing each other a favour - you'll have the books you want and I'd have got rid of a few more.
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

Thread Information