My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Listing of Karin Slaughter Books

Default Listing of Karin Slaughter Books

I'm about to list some Karin Slaughter Books, both paper back and hard back books. So just to get an idea of what I should put in my description I decided to have a look on eBid, 4 books listed for Blindsighted and in the item description I see nothing to do with the book just how they accept payment and what type of book it is. Now surely if these sellers wanted to sell their books they would do a more better looking description instead of just saying 'general fiction' or 'we accept payment by paypal' what do you think?
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

I quite agree with you.

When buying a book - I like to see some sort of summary of the story or content of the book - whether its a scan / pic of the contents or chapters, a pic / scan of the dustjacket cover giving a story outline or the sellers actual typing of the story outline.

A description giving the book title, author and sellers terms & conditions to me is useless. The author and title I can see from myself from their photo. Another thing I'm not keen on are what is referred to as stock photos. I prefer photos of the actual item I'd be buying

Hope this helps
    Babz

Sewing Room Creations - for hand crafted gift ideas & doll accessories.

This has been discussed before. There is nothing worse than browsing the book auctions, finding an interesting title only to find no info about it in the item description section.
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

View klj's Feedback (+3320)
    All-About klj
    View klj's Listings
    Forum Posts

It has been discussed before, but for anyone who has missed it, there are several booksellers here who bulk transferred their listings from other sites and the only bits that would 'easily' bulk move were the title and one bit (like author or softcover) - which would end up in the description. Hence the large number of book listings with no info. Most of those sellers are happy to answer any questions about their books and are trying to update the listings as they get the time.... (but are probably really waiting for our bulk lister to get done ).

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View gyronny's Feedback (+1772)
    All-About gyronny
    View gyronny's Listings
    Forum Posts

I list the essential information for collectors, Publisher, which edition, hardback or paperback, condition of wrap and book, is wrap clipped etc? Sometimes I give a brief synopsis of the plot.
    I have been interested in a number of other books, but there isn't enough info available, and my questions have been ignored, so no sale!
    Have a browse in my store
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Gyronny-Books

Thread Information