My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extra postage boxes please & word correction

For heavy items I use parcel2Go, I've found it much cheaper and faster than parcel force and fully trackable.
    I recently sent a very heavy set of books to the USA, the cheapest via parcel force was £79 without tracking and taking upto 28 days. Parcel2Go cost £57 fully trackable and they arrived there in 2 days.
    I also use them when I send heavy UK parcels for the same reason.
    If it was a one off item I probably wouldn't ship abroad due to the costs involved.
    Please Visit my Book Store:

Affordable books Books

Family Members:
    Gothicina

My Children:
    Honehe
    Niffnaff
    Tozcentral

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies2 View Post
    Well I am shocked.

8000+ postings, I have never ever been accused of being self centred
    It's a bit like getting an unjustified neg out of the blue. It really hurts for a moment, but then you have to remind yourself of all the positives.
    Click for bargain auctions!

Dropbox for 2GB of offsite storage to simplify your life. Click here, to get an extra 500MB of space!

We have different problems using the available boxes when listing from the U.S.

If we enter a handling charge for a specific country, we're forced to use the same amount for all countries. So, the handling charge for First Class Mail and International Parcels, which includes the cost of the boxes and sometimes insurance, is forced on us for the countries where we can only legally use Priority Mail (but we have free boxes provided by the USPS, lower insurance rates, and free pickup so we don't have to make a trip to the Post Office). In addition, insurance is cheaper for Canadian buyers, but we can't adjust the amount.

Quote Originally Posted by terry5732 View Post
    So everyone's form should be changed to accomodate your unusual situation?

Perhaps you should do different listings with availability to specific locations.

I can't fathom someone being so self-centered to even ask such nonsense.
    I doubt if this is a problem unique to this member. Many sellers try very hard to charge the exact amount for postage and handling. I suppose you will label the previous post I made on this thread as "self-centered", even though I'm sure other U.S. sellers have the same problem.

Offering "different listings with availability to specific locations" would be a violation of eBid's multiple listings rule (which I whole-heartedly support).

Asking for help on these forums is NOT "self-centered". We've only been a member here for a few months, and I've seen a steady steam of improvements, many of them in response to requests like this one. Because you mail from the U.S., this wouldn't apply to you, so you dismiss the request as "nonsense." I think it's obvious who the "self-centered" party is here.

I'd strongly recommend you Americans avoid accusing Brits of being self-centred, especially if you expect us to willingly support your next invasion of a 2nd or 3rd world country ... like you refused to do for us when we wanted your help in recovering OUR sovereign territory in 1982. (In the end, we didn't need your help and did it all on our little old lonesome )
    I cringe when I read a post like this. Please keep in mind that we "Americans" do not all think alike, so please don't paint us all with the same brush.

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

"Offering "different listings with availability to specific locations" would be a violation of eBid's multiple listings rule (which I whole-heartedly support).
    "

How on Earth is this any different than having different listings for "blue widget" , "red widget" and "white widget"?

They were not asking for help - they were asking for the listing form to be changed - which would be for all
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

Quote Originally Posted by terry5732 View Post
    "Offering "different listings with availability to specific locations" would be a violation of eBid's multiple listings rule (which I whole-heartedly support).
    "

How on Earth is this any different than having different listings for "blue widget" , "red widget" and "white widget"?

They were not asking for help - they were asking for the listing form to be changed - which would be for all
    Your suggestion was to offer the SAME item in multiple listings so she could handle the different shipping charges for different zones. Offering the same item would NOT be "blue widget", "red widget", "white widget" . . .those are the descriptions of different items.

This thread is posted in the "Website Suggestions and Glitches" forum. This is where we ask for changes that will help us. I'm sorry that my wording was a bit casual.

Thread Information