Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Gucci, Cartier,Vera Wang,Dolce and Gabbana

Carolina Shores, North Carolina, United States
    View hanoki's Feedback (+244)
    All-About hanoki
    View hanoki's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Chloe & Loris Azzaro

Todays fragerances for the ladies is Chloe Perfume by Chloe, Launched by the design house of Lagerfeld in 1975, Chloe is classified as a luxurious, flowery fragrance. This feminine scent possesses a blend of jasmine and honeysuckle. It is recommended for romantic wear.

Luxurious, romantic and quinessentially French, Chloé's ethos is to make luxury ready-to-wear for stylish women the world over.

Having bought the house in the mid 80s, Swiss luxury group, Richemont, placed Chloé firmly on the international market where it has remained a formidable fashion force since.

Producing iconic fashion and launching Chloé's eponymous and successful fragrance, Karl Lagerfeld became Chloé's public image in both the 60s and 90s and was succeeded by Martine Sitbon's unique modern vision during the late 80s.

Miss McCartney joined as Creative Director in 1997, infusing her classic tailoring with the pulse of the street and securing Chloé as the first name in fashion.

Miss McCartney's design partner, Phoebe Philo, stepped into her head designer shoes in April 2001. Bringing her sass and street edge to the label, Miss Philo continues to produce coveted ranges, including new additions such as swimwear and casual line or younger line.

For the gents

Chrome Cologne by Loris Azzaro, Created by louis azzaro as his signature fragrance, it is reminiscent of moist grass fields and fruit trees. Notes include ylang-ylang, jasmine and orris topped with fruits, aldehydes and gardenias. Keeps your face just as cool and smooth as chrome. A manly fragrance that is long-lasting and refreshing.

History and background of Loris Azzaro :Loris Azzaro in his own words:

My parents were Italian but I was born in Tunisia and I passed all my youth. There is to say if I am inhabited by Méditérranée, the sun, sand and the blue color.

The operas which fredonnait my father, the cakes of my mother, the dresses which bent my grandmother, odors of Méditérranée...

These memories of childhood accompanied me all the life and there are present in my creations.

The meetings guided my life. As of my childhood, I was surrounded by very eclectic people.

Then adult, I had the chance to have a trade which enabled me to make marvelous meetings of truths thunderbolts. It is a great happiness and an extraordinary enrichment to share simple moments of the life with people that one likes.

I adore to like, it is what I like more. Loved and loved being, it is that the life. I acknowledge to have had an extraordinary chance, that to make the trade which I had chosen and to succeed. The sea became my favorite mode of expression.

But how to imagine a line, a femininity without the exalter by a perfume? And especially how to approach my perfumes without evoking the Mediterranean, the love, the sun, the seduction... My sources of inspiration.

I let myself carry by the atmosphere of the country of my childhood with his spiced odors, his colors, his flowers, his perfumes. It is the country where I become again really myself, the country where my preferred color is everywhere, azure of the sky and the sea.

SAVE MONEY

Discounted Perfumes and Colognes

http://us.ebid.net/stores/Hanokis-Place

All-About hanoki
    View hanoki's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Rochas & Ralph Lauren

For the Ladies

Femme Rochas Perfume by Rochas, Launched by the design house of Rochas in 1944, Femme Rochas is classified as a refined, woody, mossy fragrance. This feminine scent possesses a blend of plum and peach, blended with light florals and musk. It is recommended for evening wear.

Marcel Rochas was born in Paris, France in 1902. He opened his house in 1924. He was encouraged by Jean Cocteau, Christian Berard and Paul POIRET. He was a strong, influential designer with an international reputation, who anticipated many of the most prominent fashon trends of the 20th century.

During the 30's, Rochas started to create black and white dresses that featured a white collar. His creative innovations often featured a strong shoulder line. In 1933, his collection featured wide shoulders, a style generally attributed to SCHIAPARELLI. In 1931, Marcel ROCHAS opened his fashion house to the 12 Matignon avenue. His customers are composed, amongst other things, stars Hollywood such as Carole Lombard, Marlène Dietrich and among others. For the actress Mae West, Marcel Rochas have created a black wasp-waisted corset of Chantilly. It appeared that the shapes of the woman have inspired him for the creation of the bottle of perfume « FEMME ».

In 1935 the great fashion illustrator Cecil Beaton drew two Rochas gowns for Vogue. They show the typical thirties hem length at around mid calf, and the slinky silhouette so typical of the decade. He tried to show in his sketches, the luxurious fabrics and exquisite design which the house of Rochas was known for. Marcel favoured hourglass silhouettes and foreshadowed the new look of Dior, by showing longer skirts in 1941. He showed bustiers in 1943.

As the 20th century progressed, corsets got less restrictive. However in the 1940's a very small waist was again "de rigeur" to wear the fashions such as Dior's New Look. In 1945 Marcel Rochas introduced a long strapless brassierre/girdle which enclosed the hips. It was a foundation garment that was to train figures for a decade. It was in Europe and the United States, called the "Waspie". This was based on the very small waist a Wasp has. In France where it was introduced, this name was not used, it was called a "guepiere".

In the 50's, he transposed casual trousers into the context of women's suiting - another Rochas novelty.

Rochas often worked with flower-patterned fabrics. He promoted the three-quarter-length coat and was one of the first designers to feature pockets in skirts. Rochas also specialized in separates and accessories, which he sold from a boutique in his salon.

For the Gents

Polo Cologne by Ralph Lauren, Launched by the design house of Ralph Lauren in 1978, Polo is classified as a sharp, woody, arid fragrance. This masculine scent possesses a blend of leather, wood, tobacco, basil and oakmoss. It is recommended for daytime wear.

"The first image-maker", according to New York magazine, Lauren is one of the fashion industry's biggest hitters. But Lauren studied business science and served his time in the army before breaking into fashion.

Lauren's empire was founded in 1967, after he opened his first ever tie shop, with no formal design training. Next came menswear and, in 1971, Lauren introduced his women's label. The chic, preppy look of his designer collections is now complemented by the whole gamut of sportswear, casualwear and home furnishings.

SAVE MONEY

All-About hanoki
    View hanoki's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Agent Provocateur & Guy Laroche

For the Ladies

Agent Provocateur Perfume by Agent Provocateur, This amazing perfume could be classified as the secret art of seduction. Its signature mixture creates an exotic floral chypre combining pure saffron oil from India & coriander from Russia with Moroccan rose oil, Egyptian jasmine, French magnolia oil, amber & musk.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Agent Provocateur was founded by Joseph Corré and Serena Rees. Corré is the son of British fashion designer Vivienne Westwood and Sex Pistols' ex-manager, Malcolm McLaren. In June 2007, Corré was awarded the MBE for his services to the fashion industry in the Queen's Birthday Honours list. However, he controversially rejected the honour in protest of outgoing Prime Minister Tony Blair's actions regarding Iraq and Civil Liberties.[1]
    The shop originally bought plain styles from smaller sources and enhanced it creating a very unique style of individualism which mirrors that of McLaren and Westwood with their own shop, SEX.[citation needed]
    The company is known for producing controversial adverts, such as those released in December 2001 featuring pop singer Kylie Minogue. The advert, which was shown only in cinemas, pushed the envelope on sexual innuendo in advertising media and demonstrated the power of internet based viral marketing.[2]
    Lingerie by Agent Provocateur has become popular with celebrities such as Paris Hilton, Christina Aguilera, and Carmen Electra[3], and the company often features high profile celebrities to promote its fashion campaigns. In previous years these have included Kylie Minogue (2001) and for the second time Kate Moss in 2008 (she previously appeared in ads in 2006).[citation needed] "Agent Provocateur", the line's first perfume, was launched in 2006.[citation needed] Hollywood actress Maggie Gyllenhaal took over for supermodel Kate Moss as the new face for the line in 2007.[4]

For the Gents
    Drakkar Noir Cologne by Guy Laroche, Launched by the design house of Guy Laroche in 1982, Drakkar Noir is classified as a sharp, spicy, lavender, amber fragrance. This masculine scent possesses a blend of lavender, citrus, spicy berries and sandalwood.

History and background of Guy Laroche :

After leaving school, he embarked on a career of self-education, Parisian style, which he pursued with the carefree abandon of the supremely gifted.

At the tender age of fifteen, he sold sketches of prints at Yves Saint Laurent. At the age of seventeen, he was taken in as assistant at Dorothée Bis.

Today, his work is divided between his two activities: the ready-to-wear under his own label and the haute couture for Guy Laroche including perfume and cologne.

SAVE MONEY

All-About hanoki
    View hanoki's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Cacharel

Todays fragerances are both from the House of Cacharel and both are newly added to the other wonderful fragerances found in my store and all items ARE for sale.

For the Ladies

Eden Perfume by Cacharel, Launched by the design house of Cacharel in 1994, Eden is classified as a refreshing, oriental, floral fragrance. This feminine scent possesses a blend of spicy, oriental, and floral notes. It is recommended for office wear.

For the Gents

Cacharel Cologne by Cacharel, Launched by the design house of cacharel in 1981, cacharel is classified as a sharp, spicy, lavender, amber fragrance. This masculine scent possesses a blend of citrus and lavender with base notes of spices and wood. It is recommended for casual wear.

History and background of Cacharel :Jean Bousquet , who created the Cacharel brand in 1962, founded the company of the same name in 1964.

Son of a sewing machine merchant, Jean Bousquet was immersed in the world of clothes making since his childhood days. After studying at a technical college where he trained to be a tailor, he worked for two years as a designer before returning to Paris. He sketched his first designs in a tiny studio and founded his fashion house in a garret in the Marais. The runaway success of his first collection inspired him to create his own brand named after a small bird from the Camargue, the "Cacharel."

Femininity, lightness, sensitive delicate tones, noble fine materials, refinement down to the slightest detail, youth and authenticity define the harmonious alchemy seamless fusion of traditional and modern influences that have contribute contributed to the brand's success.

The presentation in Paris of the first blouse collection charmed with its cheerful colours and the elimination of the famous "pointed darts". It represented a vision of a woman who is natural, feminine, elegant and active.

Afterwards, things started happening quickly. The invention of the seersucker blouse, which became a reference for a generation of women, followed by the front cover of ELLE magazine in 1963, launched Cacharel onto the international stage.

SAVE MONEY

All-About hanoki
    View hanoki's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Kenzo

For todays selection I have chose from the House of Kenzo for both the ladies and gents.

For the Ladies

Kenzo Flower Perfume by Kenzo, Flower is a contemporary fragrance for the modern, city woman who looks to nature for inspiration and renewal. Flower by Kenzo. A flower in the city. Wild hawthorne, Bulgarian rose, Parma violet, Cassia, hedione, cyclosal, opoponax, white musk, vanilla.

For the Gents

Kenzo Cologne by Kenzo, Launched by the design house of Kenzo in 1991, Kenzo is classified as a refreshing, aquatic fragrance. This masculine scent possesses a blend of strong green notes, rare iris, cedar, sandalwood and vetiver. It is recommended for office wear.

History and background of Kenzo :The House of KENZO was founded in Paris in 1970 by Takada Kenzo. Kenzo, a native of Himeiji, Japan, attended Tokyo’s prestigious Bunka Fashion College as one of its first male students before making the move from Tokyo to Paris, where he opened his first boutique, “Jungle Jap.” He surprised the fashion world with his originality and the apparent celebration of diverse cultures, nature and colors in his designs.

Following his success in the 1970s, he launched a series of new collections for men, women and children before creating KENZO PARFUMS in 1987 and launching his first women’s fragrance in 1988, “ça sent beau,” which was an immediate success. Since 1988, KENZO PARFUMS has been the creator of some of the most groundbreaking fragrances of the past decades, such as Flower by Kenzo, Kenzo Amour, L’eau par Kenzo, and Summer by Kenzo.

In 1993, the KENZO brand joined the LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton company.

In 1999, Takada Kenzo decided to leave the artistic direction of the KENZO brand and set out on a new journey in life. This year also celebrated Kenzo’s 30th anniversary in the industry. Odile Lobadowsky was named president and CEO of KENZO PARFUMS and in the following year, Patrick Guedj was named creative director.

The year 2000 marked the birth of FlowerbyKenzo, a fragrance that invented the scent of the poppy, and quickly became a classic in the perfume world. Since then KENZO PARFUMS continues to express the original values of the brand: attachment to nature, poetry, mixing of East and West and a playful marriage of contrasts. These elements along with the vagabond spirit of the brand are present in all forms of KENZO PARFUMS, from its magnificent installations of poppy fields around the world, to its faithful dedication to every detail of a fragrance creation.

In 2001, a skincare line, KENZOKI, was launched. Built around four Asian plants (Rice Steam, Ginger Flower, Bamboo Leaf and White Lotus), the range brought a new approach to skincare; a marriage of pleasure and efficiency.

In 2008, KENZO PARFUMS celebrated its 20th anniversary by creating a limited edition fragrance, Vintage Edition, which celebrated the 1970s, the decade in which the brand was founded.
    Last edited by hanoki; 9th June 2009 at 02:30 PM.

SAVE MONEY

All-About hanoki
    View hanoki's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Parfums Gres & Lacoste

Today's ladies selection is from the House of Gres.

Cabotine Perfume by Parfums Gres, Launched by the design house of Parfums Gres in 1990, Cabotine is classified as a sharp, flowery fragrance. This feminine scent possesses a blend of ginger, citrus, and fresh cut flowers. It is recommended for casual wear.

Alix Grès was "Cabochard": Wear Cabochard and Madame Grès comes to life: her fragrance as shy and complex, as persistent and irresistible as personality she must have been.
    Guy Leyssène is credited with steering Madame Grès' first fragrance "Cabochard" to succèss. He first met the designer at a dinner party in 1957. He loved perfume, but he didn't much about the business of perfume at the time. "I asked Madame Grès, why she didn't have a perfume, most of the fashion houses have their own perfume, because it makes them money" She didn't say another word but, one month later, I received a letter from her asking to see me. "Do you want to join my company to launch a perfume?" It sounds very simple but it happened just like that !
    When Leyssène started work he found that the perfume he had been hired to launch was not Cabochard, but Chouda, a different fragrance which had already been composed by Guy Robert. "I was a young perfumer at the time" says Robert. "My work had caught the attention of Andrée Castanié, who was then editor of the powerful magazine "L'Officiel de la Mode et de la Couture" She introduced me to Mme Grès in 1956, saying, "Guy should make a perfume for you."
    It was when Mme was invited by the Ford Foundation to visit India, to assess the potential of Indian brocades. On her return, Mme Grès told Guy Robert that she had discovered a wonderful flower with a most marvelous scent. She described it as very flowery, as rich as the scent of tuberose but warmer, with the contrast of a fresh and slightly green first note. Water Hyacinth ! So Guy Robert made several trials for her and one day she said, "That's mine!" But it was a light note and the trend was to strong chypres and - convinced by another laboratory who was knocking at her door - Madame Grès decided to launch a second fragrance at the same time "Cabochard" by Bernard Chant of IFF. From the start, Leyssène recalls that Cabochard prompted a far more favourable reaction than Chouda and after a couple of months, they decided that they would no longer push Chouda. Only five litres of perfume have been delivered and Mme Grès probably wore most of it herself.

For the Gents
    Lacoste Essential Cologne by Lacoste, Lacoste Essential was introduced in 2005 by Lacoste as a citrus, fruity scent for men. The masculine scent possesses a blend of tomato leaves, citrus, fruit and watery for the top notes. The middle notes include black pepper and florals. Finishing off with patchouli and sandalwood.

The Lacoste StoryRené LACOSTE entered the legend of tennis when he and his team-mates "The Musketeers", stole the Davis Cup away from the Americans for the first time, in 1927. Not forgetting his 3 French Open victories (1925, 1927 and the ROLAND-GARROS stadium in 1929), his two victories in Great Britain (WIMBLEDON 1925 and 1928) and two U.S. OPEN titles at Forest Hills (1926 and 1927). René LACOSTE was born in France on 2nd July 1904 and died on 12th October 1996. The true story of the "Crocodile" begins in 1927. René LACOSTE liked to recount how his nickname became an emblem recognized throughout the world.
    "I was nicknamed "the Alligator" by the American press, after I made a bet with the Captain of the French Davis Cup Team concerning a suitcase made from alligator skin. He promised to buy it for me if I won a very important match for our team.The public must have been fond of this nickname which conveyed the tenacity I displayed on the tennis courts, never letting go of my prey!"
    "So my friend Robert GEORGE drew a 'crocodile' which I then had embroidered on the blazer I wore on the courts. An attentive spectator at René LACOSTE's Davis Cup matches was the winner of the BRITISH Womens golf title, Mademoiselle Simone THION de la CHAUME, who soon became his wife and constant support.
    In 1933, René LACOSTE and André GILLIER, the owner and President of the largest French knitwear manufacturing firm of that time, set up a company to manufacture the logo-embroidered shirt. The champion had designed this for his own use on the tennis court, as well as a number of other shirts for tennis, golf and sailing - as can be seen in the first catalogue, produced in 1933.
    To the best of our knowledge, this was the first time that a brand name appeared on the outside of an article of clothing - an idea which has since become extremely successful.
    This shirt revolutionized mens sportswear and replaced the woven fabric, long-sleeved, starched classic shirts.The first LACOSTE shirt was white, slightly shorter than its counterparts, had a ribbed collar, short sleeves with ribbed bands and was made of a light knitted fabric called "Jersey petit piqué".
    Today, it continues to offer the same quality, comfort and solidity on which it built its name and which constitute

SAVE MONEY

All-About hanoki
    View hanoki's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Britney Spears & Elizabeth Arder

For the Ladies

Curious Perfume by Britney Spears, Curious by Britney Spears was introduced in 2004 as a sensual, romantic fragrance for any woman. This beautiful floral aroma has an exciting white floral for the top notes. The heart of this fragrance is a beautiful Louisana magnolia finishing off with vanilla with subtle musk. All products are original, authentic name brands. We do not sell knockoffs or imitations.

Britney Spears personifies daring and piques the curiosity of young women everywhere. Curious by Britney Spears represents the young woman that pushes boundaries and revels in adventure. The Name actually belong to the Elizabeth Arden Perfume company which hold all the licences for Britney Spears Perfumes.

For the Gents

Daytona 500 Cologne by Elizabeth Arden, Launched by design house elizabeth arden in 2007 daytona 500 a masculine fragrance with top notes of yuzu,bergamot and mandarin.heart notes of tarragon,sage,mate and watery accord with base notes of nutmeg,cardamom,amber and sandalwood. Recommended for day wear.

Elizabeth Arden was a woman ahead of her time - a true pioneer in the way she approached life and business, not to mention the field of beauty. She was a creative visionary and an equally smart businesswoman who had the drive to make her dreams come true.

Elizabeth Arden was originally named Florence Nightingale Graham, born in Canada in 1878. She lost her mother at the age of 6 and grew up with her father, sisters and brother. As she grew up, she explored nursing school and various other jobs in Toronto. However, she always felt a certain unrest and knew that there was something bigger that she must do with her life.

From early on, Florence was a visionary. As a nurse, she foresaw burn creams and skin salves not just as medicine, but with the potential to be beauty creams and lotions. She began to take over her kitchen at home as a laboratory, experimenting with various ingredients, relentless in her search for the perfect beauty cream. At one point, the neighbors were convinced that the terrible odors coming from the house was the smell of rotten eggs being cooked and that the family was too poor to buy fresh food!

Florence faced many initial failures, and even had to face discouragement from people around her, including her family. Her father encouraged her to give up and get married - as proper young women did in the early 1900's. However, Florence always kept in sight her dream - her business plan of building a cosmetics corporation.

At age 30, Florence decided to go to New York. Filled with hope and expectation, when she arrived in New York, it was love at first sight -- she devoured the culture, sights, and energy of the city. She befriended a chemist, and began her research into the future of "beauty cream," an unknown concept until then; at the same time, she also worked at a beauty parlor and mastered the art of the facial massage, under the tutelage of the one of the premier beauty gurus of the time.

SAVE MONEY

All-About hanoki
    View hanoki's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Yves Saint Laurent

Both of todays wonderful fragerances come from the House of Yves Saint Laurent.

For the Ladies

Opium Perfume by Yves Saint Laurent, Created by the design house of Yves Saint Laurent in 1977, Opium is classified as a refined, oriental, soft fragrance. This feminine scent possesses a blend of rose, carnation, sandalwood, pepper, lily of the valley and clove.

For the Gents

Jazz Cologne by Yves Saint Laurent, Launched by the design house of Yves Saint Laurent in 1988, Jazz is classified as a refreshing, spicy, lavender, amber fragrance. This masculine scent possesses a blend of nutmeg, coriander, rose, jasmine, geranium, and oakmoss. It is recommended for daytime wear.

History and background of Yves Saint Laurent :Born in 1936, Yves Saint Laurent grew up in Oran, Algeria. At 17, he left for Paris where he showed his drawings to Michel de Brunhoff, director of Vogue, who published several of them immediately. Following a stint at fashion school, Saint Laurent was introduced to Christian Dior by de Brunhoff and he went on to work for Dior until his death in 1957.

After taking over as art director for Dior, Saint Laurent launched his first collection for the company, the Ligne Trapéze, that year. It was a resounding success the world over and won him a Neiman Marcus Oscar. In 1960, Saint Laurent created his revolutionary "Beat Look" collection which used couture techniques to refine streetstyle. However, his dramatic designs were too much for the house of Dior and a year later they lifted bars on his national service.

When he returned from service in 1962, Saint Laurent set up his own fashion house with Pierre Bergé and continued to rock the establishment. In 1966, he introduced le smoking, his legendary smoking suit, which prompted the consequent androgynous revolution. He is now credited with a range of other innovations including the reefer jacket (1962), the sheer blouse (1966), and the jumpsuit (1968), as well as ready-to-wear culture as a whole.

In October 1998, Yves Saint Laurent showed his last ready-to-wear collection for the Rive Gauche label he had founded more than 30 years before. But, according to a sorrowful spokeswoman, the 61-year old designer was simply too overwrought to take his final bow. US designer Alber Elbaz was hand-picked to succeed him, but found that his career there was swiftly terminated after the Italian fashion Gucci bought full control of the business at the end of 1999 and handed the reins to powerhouse designer Tom Ford. Yves Saint Laurent retained control of the haute couture business and continues to show in Paris each season. These days, the reach of the Saint Laurent empire he founded and sold on is vast: the company produces menswear, furs, jewellery, perfumes and a range of accessories, all of which are distributed worldwide.

During his career, Saint Laurent was arguably the industry's greatest designer. Over the years, he received countless accolades: in 1985, he was made a Chevalier of the Legion of Honour by President François Mitterand; in 1995, he was promoted to the rank of Officer of the Legion of Honour, finally becoming a Commandeur six years later. His status as a national icon was also cemented when, at the final of the 1998 World Cup, near Paris, 300 models presented a retrospective of YSL creations, to celebrate the designer's forty years in fashion, in front of 80,000 football fans and more than 170 international sports channels.

In January 2002, the 65-year-old designer announced his retirement. Paying tribute to his mentors, including Christian Dior, Balenciaga, Schiaparelli and Chanel, he revealed that his decision was based on a disgust with an industry that had become ruled more by commercial gain than art. "I have nothing in common with this new world of fashion, which has been reduced to mere window-dressing," he said. "Elegance and beauty have been banished." The news came just 16 days before he presented his final haute couture collection. In a fitting end to his 40-year career, the show constituted a thorough retrospective of his work: over an hour and a half long, it featured over 250 outfits, 40 of them new designs, and 100 models. A tearful Yves Saint Laurent took his final bow as his long-time muse, Catherine Deneuve, sang Ma Plus Belle Histoire d'Amour.

SAVE MONEY

All-About hanoki
    View hanoki's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Giorgio Armani

Todays featured fragerances are from the House of Giorgio Armani

For the Ladies

Armani Code Perfume by Giorgio Armani, Armani code was introduced in 2006 by giorgio armani. It is a floral scent that opens with bitter orange, italian orange and jasmine. Then blending into orange blossom and finishing off with vanilla and honey

For the Gents

Armani Code Cologne by Giorgio Armani, Black Code by Giorgio Armani is a new elegant, sexy masculine scent that combines sleek seductiveness with sophistication. This masculine scent possesses a blend of lemon, bergamot, guaiac wood, tonka bean, olive flower. This masculine scent is recommended for daytime wear.

History and background of Giorgio Armani :Born in Piacenza, Italy in 1934, Giorgio Armani is one of the most celebrated and influential designers Italy has ever produced. But it was only by chance that he broke into the fashion industry in the Sixties, after brief forays into medicine (having studied at Milan University) and photography.

Following his military service, Armani launched his career as a window dresser at a large Milanese department store, called La Rinascente. He later revealed that he developed his classic style during this time, following frequent trips to the UK. "England was virtually the most important centre for inspiration," he says. "When I was working for Il Rinascente we used to travel to London for the influences, to see the shops, to learn. I remember seeing some yellow cardigans in a small boutique and bringing them to Il Rinascente and everyone thought I was insane. Yellow cardigans were what the Duke of Windsor was about, they were not something for the average man. The entire idea of such clothing was so outré, so elitist... very, very English."

In 1964, armed with an in-depth knowledge of fabric and design, he was taken on as a designer for Nino Cerruti's men's clothing company, Hitman. Posts at Ungaro and Zegna were soon to follow. In 1974, Armani introduced his own menswear label, his first womenswear collection coming a year later.

Since 1975, Armani has overseen the launch of Giorgio Armani Junior, Underwear, Swimwear, Accessories and Occhiali. Capitalising on the cachet of his more exclusive label, he opened the first of a series of stores selling his cheaper diffusion lines, Emporio Armani and Armani Jeans, in 1981. In 2000, he added a new make-up range to his output, specially designed by Pat McGrath. Today, the Armani empire comprises some 2,000 emporia world-wide with annual sales of more than $1 billion. His catwalk shows often draw a distinguished crowd when he was forced to show in New York in March 1998, after Paris police closed down his black marquee over Place Saint Sulpice claiming that the set-up was "unsafe", Robert de Niro, Spike Lee, Mark Wahlberg, Martin Scorsese, Sophia Loren and Wyclef Jean of The Fugees all came to watch.

Nonetheless Armani claims to base his vision on the everyday people in the street, believing that clothes should be made to be worn not just seen and drawing on the skills he learned as a menswear designer to produce contemporary clothes for women. The wide-shouldered power suit that was a trademark in the Eighties has been softened into a more supple, practical silhouette and Armani's collections these days are elegant and understated (the designer has often expressed a dislike of "important" clothes).

In 2000, Forbes declared Giorgio Armani to be the world's most successful designer, with personal earnings of $135 million in 1999. In 2001, the magazine put him at No.19 (behind the Bulgari family and ahead of the Pradas) on a list of Fashion's New Aristocrats.

SAVE MONEY

All-About hanoki
    View hanoki's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Paco Rabanne

Today's featured fragerances are from the design House of Paco Rabanne. His name sake cologne being his first creation and for the ladies Black XS the latest creation.

For the Ladies

Black Xs Perfume by Paco Rabanne, Launched in 2007 and created by Emilie Coppermann and Marc Buxton. The fragrance has notes of Hellebore rose, tamarind blossom, pink peppercorns, cranberry, massoia wood, patchouli, vanilla, black violet and cacao flower.

For the Gents

Paco Rabanne Cologne by Paco Rabanne, Launched by the design house of Paco Rabanne in 1973, Paco Rabanne is classified as a sharp, spicy, lavender, amber fragrance. This masculine scent possesses a blend of rich and spicy. It is recommended for daytime wear.

History and background of Paco Rabanne :
    Paco Rabanne was born in San Sebastian, in the Spanish Basque country. I spent my childhood under a hail of bombs in Spain, then in France where we took exile because my family was republican. Before that, my mother worked as a chief seamstress for Balenciaga. I had my first supernatural experience at the age of seven and this was to influence me for the rest of my life. Until 1966, Courreges, Cardin, Balenciaga, and Givenchy encouraged me and bought my sketches and Gerard Pipart, who had just joined Nina Ricci, gave me some styles to embroider. With my whole family, I made fancy buttons made of plaited leather, precious stones, as well as of vermicelli or coffee beans stuck to Rhodoid, then painted. In 1973, Paco Rabanne introduced his first fragrance, Paco Rabanne pour homme. 1995, XS Pour Elle was introduced which is a floral, limpid fragrance. Then, in 1996 his first unisex fragrance "Paco" was designed in a recyclable metal bottle. Two years later, "Paco Energy" was created and a year after that, "Ultraviolet" perfume for women was released. In 2001, the mens version of "Ultraviolet" was introduced.

SAVE MONEY

Thread Information