eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I've also come over from ebay. Wanted to give ebid a try. Ebid seems to have grown

Forum Newbie
    Daventry, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    All-About iluvplaystation
    View iluvplaystation's Listings
    Forum Posts

Angry I've also come over from ebay. Wanted to give ebid a try. Ebid seems to have grown

Hello, I'm new to ebid. I've come over from eBay. I am sick to death of eBay. The charges are extortionate and I'm fed up with sellers having no rights or freedom of speech. EBay sellers are getting a very raw deal. EBay have got to greedy. I looked at ebid a few years ago but it seemed really small. I thought I would have a look again and was surprised at how much it has grown. I'm giving it a go. I hope more people try it. The listing fees are so much cheaper. Hopefully ebid will give eBay a run for it's money it needs some good competition. Fingers crossed

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View Huddylion's Feedback (+4843)
    All-About Huddylion
    View Huddylion's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi and welcome to ebid.
    Take your time to look around the forums,some great advice and friendly people around,don't be afraid to ask questions,you are going to need patience and push yourself it's not like feebay you have to promote yourself wherever you can we do not get the traffic that they get simple as that but it is growing more everyday.
    Patience and hard work and the more you list the more you sell it's reckoned,and I wouldn't use run till sold as you will never get to the top in a search.
    Best to use say8-10 days auto relist ten times, and no need to overload the postage as the fee's if any are very very small, most of use a gallery picture with a 2% final value fee but only when your item sells.
    My feedback of
    is 100% positive and has all been earnt here on Ebid

View 11thEagle's Feedback (+73)
    All-About 11thEagle
    View 11thEagle's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Huddylion View Post
    I wouldn't use run till sold as you will never get to the top in a search.
    Best to use say8-10 days auto relist ten times, .
    Taking that advice thank you very much, makes sense to me!
    Martin

Here to save my Wife having to go back to work so she can continue to do a fantastic job bring up my kids

www.retailperceptions.co.uk

Also don't ferget to read this thread to help you get started http://helpdesk.ebid.net/showpost.ph...postcount=6223
    Just shout if you need a hand
    Ken

For low cost Prints and Affordable Originals just Click the Logo

http://tinyurl.com/39bkpc/images/affordablelogo.jpg
    and check out my other stores

Ken's Cave

Fantastic Fotos Store

Welcome into the light! Forums will give you lots of hints on selling/marketing your goodies. There are maybe 20 good tips that will get you started selling sooner so poke around the forums and seek them out.

And ask, everyone is very willing to help each other!

Important point, bring your good buyers over too. That is the best revenge against the greed of feebay. Send emails (paypal has addresses) or even postcards. The more buyers who come over, the better for all of us.

I suggest starting w/ smaller items at a variety of prices, and listing as much as you can for a good selection. Discount second items (I offer free shipping second items, further discounts 3rd, 4th, etc) to get those multiple sales that are soooooo great. If all the items fit into a flat rate box, that is all they pay (I was making up an invoice this morning, lady bought 9 items, original shipping = $20, she paid only $9. Make it worth their while and they will buy more.

Good luck on ebid, we are growing by leaps and bounds!

Another welcome and 'hi' from me too - hope you do well here.

Vintage postcards bought and sold
    Established internet postcard trader since 2004
    and we now have an Ebid book store (mainly non fiction)

Our Stores: http://oldpostcards.ebid.net/
    http://books4sale.ebid.net/

All About Me: http://uk.ebid.net/users/OldPostcards

Forum Saint
    View RonOne's Feedback (+4296)
    All-About RonOne
    View RonOne's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi,
    and welcome to ebid,

Regards Ron. (ex-eby)

Forum Newbie
    View Heruur's Feedback (+180)
    All-About Heruur
    View Heruur's Listings
    Forum Posts

Exclamation Don't give up!!!

I registered over a year ago when fee-bay itroduced the NO NEGS for buyers policy, while most sellers are better off to not resort to leaving a negative, it DID keep buyer fraud and non-payment down to acceptable levels. I jumped in and listed a bunch of stuff and it went over Ok, but not enough to pay the bills...

I have been mostly dormant here for about a year, but went ahead and listed a lot of auctions last week and most ended successfully, however the net price was a lot less than Feebay- even after their fees.

DON'T GIVE UP!!!

I actually did a lot better than expected on my auctions overall. It's pretty obvious ebay isn't going to last forever with their policies. In short if you take the loss on some things now to build your customer base now it will save you from the mortal wounding later. When feebay fails, and THEY WILL FAIL, do you want to be scrambling for a new venue, or allready established on an alternate site?

As they say, If you build it- THEY will come. Welcome aboard!
    Last edited by Heruur; 14th May 2009 at 08:16 AM.
    Heruur Electronic Specialties Co.
    ~If you can DREAM of it We can build it!~
    http://us.nine.ebid.net/perl/main.cg...arch&type=user

View prescott9376's Feedback (+1370)
    All-About prescott9376
    View prescott9376's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ebay is expensive now but We have all made money out of them in the past.
    I dont particularily want to see them fail and they shouldnt need to to make Ebid successful.
    Just as most of us now sell on several sites, hopefully buyers will start to buy from several sites.
    Paul

Thread Information