Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: A new catagory for finished cross stitch pieces

Quote Originally Posted by CarnoustieCats View Post
    I have so many completed framed x-stitch pictures (Pooh and All Our Yesterdays etc) I have often wondered about selling some of them - been following this thread with interest - thanks to you all for keeping the cross-stitch categories to the fore.

Actually, they sell surprisingly well. I find them at church rummage sales, etc and always have a few listed, Nice when they are nicely/professionally framed and when there are several in a group i.e. spices, flowers, animals. People like to have a set.

At a recent auction in Milwaukee, a box of unframed cross stitch samplers from 1930s 1940s sold for $100! So they are popular.

Nice to know - I do enjoying cross-stitching and it gets out of hand. Now, if I cleared some space I could get round to the few (dozens) backlog I have of kits 'I just had to have' ...
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Gazza:
    My problem is..there is no catagory for "finished cross stitch" pieces. When they are listed in "other", they get lost with all the others item', such as needles, cloth, floss, blank cards, hoops, etc. And there are a lot of "other" items.

If you did Crafts & Sewing >Cross stitch > [then followed with the sub cats for cross stitch] and insert "finished or completed" in the list, that would be great.

Thanks for your attention...[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to "bump" this up to the top.

..we are still thinking about Cross Stitching Categories - hope you are too
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Quote Originally Posted by CarnoustieCats View Post
    ..we are still thinking about Cross Stitching Categories - hope you are too
    Good idea, I know the boys are busy but out of sight out of mind!

Just picked up some very pretty little framed cross stitch pictures so hope that sometime in the future it gets its own category, etc.

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Looking forward to seeing the new Cross Stitch categories on the new site
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Gazza:
    My problem is..there is no catagory for "finished cross stitch" pieces. When they are listed in "other", they get lost with all the others item', such as needles, cloth, floss, blank cards, hoops, etc. And there are a lot of "other" items.

If you did Crafts & Sewing >Cross stitch > [then followed with the sub cats for cross stitch] and insert "finished or completed" in the list, that would be great.

Thanks for your attention...[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to "bump" this up to the top.

Thanks to all for keeping this "up front"...

So did you get your category with the new update?

Quote Originally Posted by florida33549 View Post
    So did you get your category with the new update?
    Hi Ginny, No, I am disappointed...my finished, completed pieces are floating around with over 600 other items. I guess you can click on "other" & then "search" for finished or completed pieces, but I thought it would just be easier to have a new cat for them. Maybe they will reconcider at a later time...I hope so anyway...

With so many users requesting the category, I would hope ebid would add it. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya'll.

Thread Information