Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: A new catagory for finished cross stitch pieces

Quote Originally Posted by Skysteed View Post
    Hello,
    Nebie here.
    I agree we cross stitchers' would like and NEED an independant category for Cross stitch. Searching through the site it is very hard to find specifically cross stitch items as they are mixed in with a number of other cats that really aren't cross stitch specific.
    example:
    Main category:Cross stitch
    Sub categories:
    :Completed
    :Charts
    :Kits
    :Cross stitch fabric and threads

As I read through the postings I see that others have stated that the completed cross stitch items are lost, even when trying to list OTHER is the only category we have an option to use.
    Other covers too many non cross stitch specific items and I as a buyer would find it rather long and tedious to search through.

Could we get this done soon? I know many cross stitchers' would like to get listing for the holiday season.

I plan to start listing this weekend, and hopefully can make some sales.
    Thankyou,
    Skysteed
    Hi Skysteed, thanks for your comments...I've been waiting a long time for these much needed changes to be made. Ebid is going through some changes now, and I'm hoping they will get to us.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful2 View Post
    Hi Gazza,

Please can you add a category for "finished cross stitch pieces", I realize you already have cross stitch under Crafts & Sewing/Sewing & Embroidery/Cross Stitch/Cards/Kits/Other/Patterns/Stamped cross stitch.

What would really be nice is:
    Crafts & Sewing:
    Cross Stitch:
    Cards:
    Finished cross stitch:
    Kits:
    Other:
    Patterns:
    Stamped cross stitch:

I have my cross stitch cards listed under Cross Stitch "Cards". My bookmarks, magnets, finished pieces, small framed cross stitch pictures', are listed under "other". I feel they are getting lost among the fabrics, thread, needles, blank cards, etc.

Right now there are 496 items, listed under Cross Stitch.. Other..

I see you have Needlepoint & Plastic Canvas as secondary catagories under Crafts & Sewing. Would it be possible to bring Cross Stitch up as a secondary catagory also? I think there is, or will be in the future, a lot more cross stitch items listed.

Thanks so much for your consideration in this matter.
    --------------
    I am bumping this to the front...hopefully you will have time to consider my requests...Thank you... Please!!! Look!!!

I have so many completed framed x-stitch pictures (Pooh and All Our Yesterdays etc) I have often wondered about selling some of them - been following this thread with interest - thanks to you all for keeping the cross-stitch categories to the fore.
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Quote Originally Posted by CarnoustieCats View Post
    I have so many completed framed x-stitch pictures (Pooh and All Our Yesterdays etc) I have often wondered about selling some of them - been following this thread with interest - thanks to you all for keeping the cross-stitch categories to the fore.
    Hi, if you want you can bump it up sometimes too...lol...want to make sure they can see it.....Thanks

Thank you - I am pleased to be an official bumper - CROSS STITCH RULES
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Gazza:
    My problem is..there is no catagory for "finished cross stitch" pieces. When they are listed in "other", they get lost with all the others item', such as needles, cloth, floss, blank cards, hoops, etc. And there are a lot of "other" items.

If you did Crafts & Sewing >Cross stitch > [then followed with the sub cats for cross stitch] and insert "finished or completed" in the list, that would be great.

Thanks for your attention...[/QUOTE]

I just wanted to "bump" this up to the top.

Waiting Patiently for the added catagory of:
    "Completed Cross Stitch"

I agree but offer an alternative to what has been proposed:

1. move embroidery/cross stitch OUT of the sub sub category of sewing/embroidery and give it its own sub cat under crafts. Put cross stitch or counted cross stitch first, then embroidery as CS is more popular. Now the sub cat is where new buyers can see it. It has little to do with sewing and is extremely popular, why hide it as a sub sub category under sewing? Now it looks like we have no cross stitch or embroidery unless you happen to look under the unlikely sub cat of "sewing".

2. Add the sub category "finished items" or 'completed " to ALL the craft things that are likely to have these items for sale. Crochet, knitting, needlepoint, tatting, and cross stitch/embroidery? Right now the knitted wristlets are under "other", as are the crochet throws, etc.

Just a reminder that we talked about on another thread: when a sub cat or cat or sub sub cat change is made, all currently listed items are now in the WRONG categories and could be pulled if a complaint is made. Good idea for all sellers to watch the category changes regularily and edit their listings that might need tweeking to change their categories.
    Last edited by deltadelta48; 30th November 2009 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    I agree but offer an alternative to what has been proposed:

1. move embroidery/cross stitch OUT of the sub sub category of sewing/embroidery and give it its own sub cat under crafts. Put cross stitch or counted cross stitch first, then embroidery as CS is more popular. Now the sub cat is where new buyers can see it. It has little to do with sewing and is extremely popular, why hide it as a sub sub category under sewing? Now it looks like we have no cross stitch or embroidery unless you happen to look under the unlikely sub cat of "sewing".

2. Add the sub category "finished items" or 'completed " to ALL the craft things that are likely to have these items for sale. Crochet, knitting, needlepoint, tatting, and cross stitch/embroidery? Right now the knitted wristlets are under "other", as are the crochet throws, etc.

Just a reminder that we talked about on another thread: when a sub cat or cat or sub sub cat change is made, all currently listed items are now in the WRONG categories and could be pulled if a complaint is made. Good idea for all sellers to watch the category changes regularily and edit their listings that might need tweeking to change their categories.
    Sounds good to me...just want people to be able to find our finished/completed pieces...

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful2 View Post
    Sounds good to me...just want people to be able to find our finished/completed pieces...
    Great! It never made sense to me that cross stitch was hidden under embroidery or that sewing and embroidery were put together.

Thread Information