eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: A new catagory for finished cross stitch pieces

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful2 View Post
    Gazza:
    My problem is..there is no catagory for "finished cross stitch" pieces. When they are listed in "other", they get lost with all the others item', such as needles, cloth, floss, blank cards, hoops, etc. And there are a lot of "other" items.

If you did Crafts & Sewing >Cross stitch > [then followed with the sub cats for cross stitch] and insert "finished or completed" in the list, that would be great.

Thanks for your attention...
    [/QUOTE]

Please..

Gazza:
    My problem is..there is no catagory for "finished cross stitch" pieces. When they are listed in "other", they get lost with all the others item', such as needles, cloth, floss, blank cards, hoops, etc. And there are a lot of "other" items.

If you did Crafts & Sewing >Cross stitch > [then followed with the sub cats for cross stitch] and insert "finished or completed" in the list, that would be great.

[/QUOTE]
    Please & Thanks!!

Default X-stitcher

A a x-stitcher and buyer I enjoy browsing - cross-stitch kits in a separate cat would be lovely.
    Linda

Forum Lurker
    View Pendipity's Feedback (+191)
    All-About Pendipity
    View Pendipity's Listings
    Forum Posts

My daughter would like to start selling some of her completed cross stich pictures too so a seperate category would be most welcome.

Forum Newbie
    All-About tbklover
    View tbklover's Listings
    Forum Posts

HI Hopeful:

We are a newbie here but a lifelong crafter. We were told when we asked that there is a revamp in the works so we do have the ability to get the craft catagories all done the way a crafter would look for them.

Would you be willing to take on all the needlepoint and make sure we have it all covered? You can see our other posts in crafts as to what we are getting at and we need to sort out the finished goods and the books / magazines / leaflets and phamplets so that a buyer would be more apt to buy. Needlepoint has 1500 items all jumbled and we for one would not be wanting to look through that many items to find the one we may be looking for. That seems nuts especially with the holidays coming.

Thanks so much.

JM
    Last edited by tbklover; 25th September 2009 at 01:02 PM. Reason: corrections

Gazza:

[/QUOTE]

There are over 2 1/2 pages of cross stitch leaflets & patterns listed in NEEDLEPOINT under CRAFTS & SEWING, and there is a sub cat for needlepoint. I think the lister did not look deep enought for cross stitch. Could we please have a sub cat for cross stitch under sewing and crafts? I guess one could stretch it and say needlepoint and cross stitch are the same but, they aren't IMO.

Please look at my earlier suggestions for cross stitch.

Thanks for whateber you can do...

Smile

Hi, bykimbo, nice to talk to you..Yes, I did look there when I first listed my cross stitch items. I decided to list under Sewing & Embroidery because they had a sub-cat called Cross Stitch, which is mostly what I sell. Under the "hand made" cat you have a few cross stitch items listed but it is mostly paper art items. I have a few of that type listed there myself.

In my search, I noticed cross stitch leaflets listed under the Needlepoint sub cat. and even some plastic canvas items there when they have a sub cat for plastic canvas.

I think a sub cat for Cross Stitch under Crafts & Sewing would be great & easier for people looking for cross stitch items. Then under Cross Stitch could be the other sub cats. Cards, Finished cross stitch, Kits, Other, Patterns, Stamped cross stitch.

I think in this way, it would bring all the Cross Stitch items together in one place, under the cat of Crafts & Sewing...which Cross Stitch is, both a Craft & Sewing [needlework].
    Since I grab up any framed vintage counted cross stitch, needlepoint, etc, picture I can lay my hands on, I know it is hard to chose the category. Mostly I try to double list it in antiques, and chose craft as a second one. Just to get more viewers.

I smiled when you mentioned stuff in the wrong categories. At auctions that is often done, no one really knows needlepoint from crochet and call everything "hand work". I sit and knit and often have people comment on my crochet. Oh well, why fight it? Since people often do not know one from another, putting stuff in wrong category is going to happen. We can tell knitted doilies from crochet ones, or stamped cross stitch from counted, but few other people can. Not all sellers are experts, and often have great items to sell that they do not know much about. So I am thinking that it is probably better to have a separate category for finished things, with sub cats than to put a subcat under each type of needlework?

This is really a growing category as more crafts like knitting get popular. An auctioneer here routinely THREW AWAY any crochet hooks, knitting needles, old craft kits, etc when he was sorting out estate items. One of his ring people finally got him to list a big lot of knitting needles from the 1930s 1940s, and he almost dropped his teeth when they went to $60!! Now he brings everything to the auctions.

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post
    Since I grab up any framed vintage counted cross stitch, needlepoint, etc, picture I can lay my hands on, I know it is hard to chose the category. Mostly I try to double list it in antiques, and chose craft as a second one. Just to get more viewers.

I smiled when you mentioned stuff in the wrong categories. At auctions that is often done, no one really knows needlepoint from crochet and call everything "hand work". I sit and knit and often have people comment on my crochet. Oh well, why fight it? Since people often do not know one from another, putting stuff in wrong category is going to happen. We can tell knitted doilies from crochet ones, or stamped cross stitch from counted, but few other people can. Not all sellers are experts, and often have great items to sell that they do not know much about. So I am thinking that it is probably better to have a separate category for finished things, with sub cats than to put a subcat under each type of needlework?

This is really a growing category as more crafts like knitting get popular. An auctioneer here routinely THREW AWAY any crochet hooks, knitting needles, old craft kits, etc when he was sorting out estate items. One of his ring people finally got him to list a big lot of knitting needles from the 1930s 1940s, and he almost dropped his teeth when they went to $60!! Now he brings everything to the auctions.
    I am not sure how much of a revamp ebid is going to do & didn't want to be a big bother to them.

All I wanted to do was bring Cross Stitch to the "front" under Crafts & Sewing so more people could see it, and have a cat for my finished/completed pieces. I feel that people don't know these pieces are here.

Imo, I think, since they already have seperate cats for each type of needle work, that we should have the approciate sub cats for each type. When I look for cross stitch, I usually don't look under crochet, knitting, or needlepoint. Cross stitch does already have sub cats, but I just wanted to add "finished/completed" to them and move the cross stitch cat to directly under Crafts & sewing, instead of under sewing and embroidery.

I notice Needlepoint has over 1500 listings & no sub cats. I guess you can always do a search for what you are looking for but, sub cats would be nice.

I feel sad for this person who listed 2 1/2 pages of cross stitch leaflets, etc. in the needlepoint cat.

Gazza:

Thanks for your attention...[/QUOTE]
    I appreciate any concideration...

Hello,
    Nebie here.
    I agree we cross stitchers' would like and NEED an independant category for Cross stitch. Searching through the site it is very hard to find specifically cross stitch items as they are mixed in with a number of other cats that really aren't cross stitch specific.
    example:
    Main category:Cross stitch
    Sub categories:
    :Completed
    :Charts
    :Kits
    :Cross stitch fabric and threads

As I read through the postings I see that others have stated that the completed cross stitch items are lost, even when trying to list OTHER is the only category we have an option to use.
    Other covers too many non cross stitch specific items and I as a buyer would find it rather long and tedious to search through.

Could we get this done soon? I know many cross stitchers' would like to get listing for the holiday season.

I plan to start listing this weekend, and hopefully can make some sales.
    Thankyou,
    Skysteed
    Last edited by Skysteed; 5th November 2009 at 02:03 PM.

Thread Information