My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: A new catagory for finished cross stitch pieces

I would like to put my very detailed Spanish homecraft magazines in there as well!
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I quite agree. Which in turn makes me think that maybe categories are being completely revamped in the new redesign.
    That would be great...I hope they take a good look at this thread. Putting Cross Stitch in one place would make it so much easier for buying as well as selling..

Quote Originally Posted by youmeus View Post
    I would use this cat too if it was available. I have mine listed in other and they probably aren't seen unless someone is going through my listings after finding something else.
    That's what I thought too. I think they get lost and just sit there unnoticed.

Quote Originally Posted by JudesNiceThings View Post
    Sandy - I'm beginning to think that categories changes are well and truly 'on hold' at present - we don't seem to have had any response from admin for quite a while!
    Hi Jude, thanks for commenting...maybe the "hold" won't last too long. I've got a new "about me page", through the talent & efforts of Jan/JewelEffects [take a look], and I feel a little spring cleaning coming on. I would love to go through my auctions, one by one, & redo them. Get them where they can be seen easier.
    Last edited by hopeful2; 7th May 2009 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful2 View Post
    Hi, bykimbo, nice to talk to you..Yes, I did look there when I first listed my cross stitch items. I decided to list under Sewing & Embroidery because they had a sub-cat called Cross Stitch, which is mostly what I sell. Under the "hand made" cat you have a few cross stitch items listed but it is mostly paper art items. I have a few of that type listed there myself.

In my search, I noticed cross stitch leaflets listed under the Needlepoint sub cat. and even some plastic canvas items there when they have a sub cat for plastic canvas.

I think a sub cat for Cross Stitch under Crafts & Sewing would be great & easier for people looking for cross stitch items. Then under Cross Stitch could be the other sub cats. Cards, Finished cross stitch, Kits, Other, Patterns, Stamped cross stitch.

I think in this way, it would bring all the Cross Stitch items together in one place, under the cat of Crafts & Sewing...which Cross Stitch is, both a Craft & Sewing [needlework].
    Cross Stitch Books could also be listed as a sub cat under Cross Stitch. I am hoping you will have time to look into these posts as possible Catagory Changes.

I agree that a specific category would be preferable to "Other" but I don't think finished cross-stitch cards should go into the cross-stitch supplies category - if I were shopping for something like that, I would look in the "Handmade" category. But a sub-category there for all finished cross-stitch items (not just cards, but also cushions, spectacle cases, etc) would be good.

Check out our bargain craft supplies, including embroidery and cross-stitch

It might be a good idea to have a 'first level' category for 'Hand Made items' then subs for various things - needlework, metalwork, art, etc etc.?
    Why not take a quick look at my Stores?

Find all kinds of books HERE

Find 'Plus Size' Clothes HERE

Find NEW tiny Baby Stuff HERE

Find 'Bits & Bobs' HERE

Continued, too many characters for one post.

Anyway these are my thoughts for today. May have more later. I used to list these cross stitch cards on the other side and they would sell maybe 5 out of 6 in 7 days. The only cross stitch cards [1] I've sold here was in the YDC, and I've had them listed since I've been here. I know you have to "plug" your auctions but, you get a little discouraged after a while. I like my cards and put a lot of work and effort into making them and I just don't believe they are being seen. Ok, enough for now.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

What's the general consensus. Should Cross Stitching be moved up a level, does it fit in with our current structure? will it confuse? does it misalign things?

We want to keep things as stuctured as possible, if we move Cross Stitch would we have to move others? Should we move Needlpoint & others down?

Let us know the exact changes needed, if it is just to move the once cat up a level then we can do that v.quickly.

Gazza
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Thread Information