Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: A new catagory for finished cross stitch pieces

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    yes, it is the same thing. And I still say that completed items don't belong in the craft category.
    If completed items are not put under the Craft Cat...where would you suggest they be put....I am just looking for a place to list my completed items where they can be found.

I am not selling anything except for ydc or to a few of the people on the forum.

I think my cards look good & are priced low...too low & also considering the price I paid for the card blanks. I love doing counted cross stitch but, I would like to sell for enough to buy more floss, aida & blank cards. I have made bookmarks with cotton backing handstiched on for $3.50. Now that is just not enough. but, you want to sell something once in a while.

Will keep pluging away here, hoping for something to happen.....

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    yes, it is the same thing. And I still say that completed items don't belong in the craft category.
    Good point, but where would be the logical place to put them? I put my vintage stuff in antiques, linen, crochet or whatever, same with the older cross stitch that is finished. But what about new? I am not sure where a buyer would look to find it?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful2 View Post
    If completed items are not put under the Craft Cat...where would you suggest they be put....I am just looking for a place to list my completed items where they can be found.

I am not selling anything except for ydc or to a few of the people on the forum.

I think my cards look good & are priced low...too low & also considering the price I paid for the card blanks. I love doing counted cross stitch but, I would like to sell for enough to buy more floss, aida & blank cards. I have made bookmarks with cotton backing handstiched on for $3.50. Now that is just not enough. but, you want to sell something once in a while.

Will keep pluging away here, hoping for something to happen.....
    I just looked at a few other categories and none of the craft ones have room for finished pieces. I don't get it, where are you supposed to put them? Wasn't there a gal who was selling beautiful knitted cuffs and handwarmers? Where did she list them? In knitting, other?

Is there a place where all the needlepoint, etc, completed pieces is tucked away?

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just come into this thread....and wondered if Plastic Canvas should be added to the Needlework cat...its on its own at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by stitchysyl View Post
    Just come into this thread....and wondered if Plastic Canvas should be added to the Needlework cat...its on its own at the moment.
    Good point, I will copy our working copy and add it as a type of canvas.

4. Under the new subcategory EMBROIDERY (CHANGE TO NEEDLEWORK) would be the following sub sub categories:

Cross stitch
    Embroidery
    Needlepoint/Tapestry

THIS MEANS THAT NEEDLEPOINT HAS ITS OWN SUBCAT and SHOULD BE CLOSED AS MOVED UNDER NEEDLEWORK. IT IS A DUPLICATION OF THE SUB SUB CATEGORY TAPESTRY WITH EXACT SAME THINGS IN BOTH.

Cross stitch:
    Accessories (hoops, needles, frames) (CHANGE TO SUPPLIES)
    Floss
    Fabric (even weave)
    Finished pieces (CHANGE TO COMPLETED)
    Kits to stitch
    Other
    Patterns (not books)
    stamped cross stitch

Embroidery:
    Accessories (hoops, needles, frames) (CHANGE TO SUPPLIES)
    Floss
    Fabric (even weave, linen)
    Kits to stitch
    Other
    Patterns (not books)
    stamped embroidery

Tapestry: (CHANGE TO READ TAPESTRY/NEEDLEPOINT)
    Accessories (needles, frames) (CHANGE TO SUPPLIES)
    Canvas (CHANGE TO PLASTIC AND CANVAS)
    Kits to stitch
    Other
    Patterns (not books)
    Wool/floss

OK I added plastic canvas.

I think this is the latest based on information that we got so far. Keep the ideas coming.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think that modern handmade/crafted items should have their own top-level category. I'd call it "Handcrafted items" and divide with suitable sub-cats as they became necessary.. probably by craft.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

There is a section called Handmade Goods in the Crafts category. I was assuming that Hopeful didn't want to list there and was looking for something more specific.

Re delta's modified suggestions, I agree that having the supplies in each section would cause problems such as maybe having to list thread/floss and needles in 2 different categories. (although I think I'm agreeing with my own earlier point there!)

So may I suggest the following:

Under the new subcategory NEEDLEWORK would be the following sub sub categories:

Cross stitch
    Embroidery
    Needlepoint/Tapestry

Cross stitch:
    Fabric (even weave, aida)
    Completed pieces
    Kits to stitch
    Other
    Patterns (not books)
    stamped cross stitch

Embroidery:
    Completed pieces
    Kits to stitch
    Other
    Patterns (not books)
    stamped embroidery

Tapestry/Needlepoint:
    Canvas (inc. plastic)
    Completed pieces
    Kits to stitch
    Other
    Patterns (not books)
    Wool/floss

Supplies
    Hoops/Frames
    Needles
    Floss
    Other

I've left in Completed, but maybe the majority would prefer this under Handmade Goods, and maybe create a couple of extra subcategories there, to split up needlework, jewellery, etc.? There is already a subcategory for Cards under Handmade.

Check out our bargain craft supplies, including embroidery and cross-stitch

Quote Originally Posted by TreasuredBargains View Post
    There is a section called Handmade Goods in the Crafts category. I was assuming that Hopeful didn't want to list there and was looking for something more specific.

Re delta's modified suggestions, I agree that having the supplies in each section would cause problems such as maybe having to list thread/floss and needles in 2 different categories. (although I think I'm agreeing with my own earlier point there!)

So may I suggest the following:

Under the new subcategory NEEDLEWORK would be the following sub sub categories:

Cross stitch
    Embroidery
    Needlepoint/Tapestry

Cross stitch:
    Fabric (even weave, aida)
    Completed pieces
    Kits to stitch
    Other
    Patterns (not books)
    stamped cross stitch

Embroidery:
    Completed pieces
    Kits to stitch
    Other
    Patterns (not books)
    stamped embroidery

Tapestry/Needlepoint:
    Canvas (inc. plastic)
    Completed pieces
    Kits to stitch
    Other
    Patterns (not books)
    Wool/floss

Supplies
    Hoops/Frames
    Needles
    Floss
    Other

I've left in Completed, but maybe the majority would prefer this under Handmade Goods, and maybe create a couple of extra subcategories there, to split up needlework, jewellery, etc.? There is already a subcategory for Cards under Handmade.
    Good suggestion. Maybe it's the "Handcrafted Items" that should be expanded, since the people looking for completed items may not be the same ones looking for supplies to make their own?

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deltadelta48 View Post

Tapestry: (CHANGE TO READ TAPESTRY/NEEDLEPOINT)
    Accessories (needles, frames) (CHANGE TO SUPPLIES)
    Canvas (CHANGE TO PLASTIC AND CANVAS)
    Kits to stitch
    Other
    Patterns (not books)
    Wool/floss

OK I added plastic canvas.

I think this is the latest based on information that we got so far. Keep the ideas coming.
    I reckon that Plastic Canvas should be in a Cat of its own ...its not Plastic...it is Plastic Canvas and is not just the canvas, but kits and supplies to make Plastic Canvas items...I sell several Plastic Canvas Kits...
    If its not in a cat of its own it sits in my opinion more in the cross stitch section as its neither tapestry or needlepoint.

Thread Information